Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244815 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21510 on: May 22, 2019, 08:20:05 am »

Tried a game with 5x crisis strength, and had to actually concede it to the Unbidden despite beating a 4.5x Unbidden crisis pretty easily once.  My spawn position was kind of unfavorable so my empire was smaller, and that meant I had trouble producing enough alloys to keep up.  I had about +500 alloys per month, but each battleship costed about 1600 alloys so I could replace them at most about 1 every 3 months.  The problem here is that every battle lost me 2-3 battleships, and the Unbidden were getting new fleets every 3 months.  So... destroying an Unbidden fleet costed 3 ships and I could only replace 1 in that time frame.

I managed to destroy 695 of their ships while losing about 70 ships of my own, but there was just no coming back from it.  I tried and very nearly managed to take a chokepoint that would have cut off their reinforcement fleets, but by that time I had so few ships left that I couldn't face the reinforcement fleets, and even if I could get my own reinforcements to them it would have taken over a game year because the Unbidden spawned in the middle of an empire that never built any gateways and wasn't close to any L-gates.

Considered trying to turtle and build up my technology, since I was at around 17-20 levels of combat repeatables, but even if it would have worked it would have taken too long to be worth finishing.  Not to mention enemy fleets of 220K fleet power would have worn down and destroyed my perimeter bastions, so I wasn't really safe for much longer.

Stellaris.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21511 on: May 23, 2019, 05:35:22 pm »

Inspired by DS3 Saber (?) cosplay and reading trough whole accursed filth itself i tried to make her in Sims Medieval. My inspiration didn't last long against character editor, of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, not even "close enough". You get random name, stupid thing.
Some time later, in quest with a witch.
Well, i didn't expect to see hentaimancy in sims of all places. Damn proper hentaimancy, with a witch. To charge up magic resistance ring, to fight villain wizard (for the record - maxed mood does nothing, and having sex doesn't give + to mood, as strange as it sounds). Nevermind that his magic does exactly nothing and i already did beat him senseless a day before. I do this again, as quest demands. Next it demands to feed him to the tentacle monster. Nah, i'll just finish him with the sword. And... nothing happens, quest doesn't progress. And since he is already dead, i can't feed him to the monster. Since i can't reach the devs i decide to beat up the witch.
Oh, hello there. I figured that there must be a catch in ability to effortlessly murderbone almost everyone, but instant respawn is a bit too much. Maybe if i will feed this one, quest will complete?
Nope. Nothing. Nada. Quest is broken forever. How great that i saved before all this affair. God, why this game must be a huge pile of great ideas, with every single one being implemented in clunky to abysmal (and unmoddable) way?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:41:53 pm by MCreeper »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21512 on: May 24, 2019, 02:14:50 am »

So, what do they expect me to do in GDI mission 11? Travel across the map with an MCV and 6 grenadiers while being constantly attacked? Build a base on a place with a bit of tiberium and somehow break through? I tried both and failed both times.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21513 on: May 24, 2019, 09:07:50 am »

Died in spite of having renaissance sword lady on our team on one of the final stages (The one where the final traders appear).

Part of the reason was because I'd left the team set to "Runnin'" rather than "Defend", causing them to try to rush through a horde of zombies and thus getting eaten.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21514 on: May 24, 2019, 12:26:20 pm »

Actual spoilers for Guild Wars 2 living world season 4 follow ye be warned

Guild Wars 2 Living world 4 Dragonflight chapter

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21515 on: May 24, 2019, 02:22:06 pm »

I got two of the big lanterns lit, but while fleeing from the boss I ran right into a ghoul, losing the last of my health.

Roguelight.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21516 on: May 24, 2019, 04:40:59 pm »

Had a pretty decent setup for Emerald Weapon. Cloud has 9999HP and only two materia equipped, while Yuffie and Cid(both of whom, particularly Yuffie, I'd been stat-grinding in the Sunken Gelinka for a while) have a limited number of useful materia and over 9000HP each.

Fight was pretty long, probably longer than the 20-minute limit if you don't have Underwater materia equipped(I did). Even managed to pull off the Lucky 7's attack.

Finally ended when Emerald Weapon used Aire Tam Storm, somehow it missed Cloud(meaning Lucky 7's didn't trigger again), then it just trololo'd and attacked several times in a row without giving anyone else a chance to strike - during this, Cid had Highwind set to use and Limit Breaks are supposed to interrupt the command queue - killing Yuffie and Cid, and leaving Cloud attacking pointlessly(he was supposed to Lucky 7, as I set him to attack right before Aire Tam Storm locks out command input), which then triggered Emerald Weapon to use Revenge Stamp, killing him.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21517 on: May 24, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »

Today I Learned that adding a level to a system that is destroyed does not add a functional level.

My destroyed Oxygen Scrubber did not function when upgraded, leaving my whole ship without any O2 and my crew in their level 1 med bay barely subsisting and doomed as soon as they left it.

FTL
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21518 on: May 25, 2019, 12:35:23 pm »

Every single bit of support the enemy commander called in landed right on my head before anyone else. First shell, first bomb, even got napalmed while underground because I just so happened to be at the bottom of a ladder to the surface when it was dropped on us. And without a Squad Leader putting down damn spawn tunnels I just wound up playing two hours of "Do Cardio Then Die Simulator".

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21519 on: May 26, 2019, 07:45:54 pm »

Died so many times in Mega Man 10 I'm not sure which to mention.  Wily was almost insultingly easy compared to the rest of the game, and it was at least easier than MM9.

I'm still grumpy about Pump Man though, and how utterly useless Thunder Wool was.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21520 on: May 26, 2019, 08:29:08 pm »

Bandits shot me, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , Call of Chernobyl mod.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21521 on: May 27, 2019, 05:49:27 am »

Sometimes Tetris seems like a totally fun game about stacking blocks

And other times Tetris is like "go to hell idiot, have z-pieces for the next hundred years"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21522 on: May 27, 2019, 08:05:08 am »

Tried to use the Party Van loadout on the first campaign map it becomes available.

The Party Van loadout is characterized by having long-range weaponry, a decent movement speed, a unique horn sound...

And rather low armor and shielding.

That and the fact I’m still not accustomed to the tank controls meant I eventually gave up after enough attempts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21523 on: May 27, 2019, 04:06:35 pm »

Adventure mode stage fighting Zelda and Yuri Kozukata, the latter constantly zapping me with the Camera Obscura, which paralyzes and does about 30% damage and has a very wide hitbox.

EDIT: When a battle has a rule that states "All fighters easier to launch", it really only applies to you, not the opponents. I was getting blown off the stage with as little as 20%-25% damage, yet nearly impossible to get a kill on a Yoshi with 50%-60% damage, which I've managed in other fights without the rule.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:19:26 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21524 on: May 28, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »

As someone who plays yoshi as a secondary I will say that the little bastard is deceptively hard to kill.  I'm not sure what exactly it is but my best guess is that he's heavier than he looks.  Can't speak for spirit or adventure mode gimmicks though, I don't touch those modes with a 20 foot pole made of notouchium.

[Goshdarnit wrong thread again]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:47:32 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 ... 1570