Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244229 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21525 on: May 29, 2019, 06:16:02 am »

I found Gruel, a unique legendary raider, just walking down the road in Malden. He had a skull next to his name, but I had an instigating hunting rifle and sneak attack and the critical meter was full. I knock off half his health in the first shot.

He fires one shot back and kills me, at full health and with several buffs.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21526 on: May 30, 2019, 11:50:55 am »

It's been a very long time i didn't tried to get to orbit in Orbiter (still using the 2010 version as some of the addons i use aren't updated to the recent 2016 and apparently less stable version)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah that's still quite nice, i think i remember what to do to get a safe ascension with the XR-2 .

Oh well, at least it was a nice ascension until i screwed up :D
Back to reading my own reference docs about getting a fuel efficient orbit without dying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: May 30, 2019, 12:55:50 pm »

did fascists infiltrate your plane at like 3,000mph or what
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: May 30, 2019, 01:12:33 pm »

the commies already escaped way before :D

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21529 on: May 31, 2019, 01:02:27 am »

I've been killing radstags whenever I see them. +25 carry weight for an hour is no joke in Survival, especially in the early game.

I pass a group of radstags and huck a grenade at them. It turns out one of them is legendary. I am so stunned by this revelation that I don't react in time. Did you know radstags have a special kill animation?

Fallout 4
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21530 on: May 31, 2019, 02:09:15 pm »

I found out there's a Jetstream Sam mode.  Kinda tough, lacking upgrades to speak of, but pretty rad.
Then I got to VR Mission 004 without any repair paste

It starts with a hint of what's to come- 2 shield guys charge instantly, with a warhammer behind them, supported by two shooters.  The shields would easily fall to a well-timed block/counter, except that their charge *usually* gets interrupted by them getting shot in the back for miniscule damage.  Meaning they're basically invincible at the start.  But eh, the only actual threat is the warhammer-guy with his occasional unblockable swings.  Sam lacks Raiden's dodge ability, but I eventually figured out his double jump can usually avoid the swing.

Then there are 3 gorillas.  They're tough AF and constantly do highly damaging grabs.  At first I could stick-waggle my way out, but I think that becomes more difficult the more you get grabbed.  Also some of the variants require really fast reaction anyway.  Since there's 3 of them, they tend to surround and grab from off-camera.  This was really tough without repair kits, but I eventually got 2 of them down...  which triggers 2 of the fucking silt-striders to reinforce the last one.  I quit out of VR heh.

But then I found a repair paste down the hall, and recalled that I'd somehow "used up" my rocket launcher in VR.  Sure enough, I was able to carry the repair paste back into VR.  And if I immediately quit out, and ran back down the hallway, the paste had respawned (along with one very unfortunate guard).  Took a while, but I tried again with 4 repair pastes.

I had barely scratched the surface of the BS this mission throws at you.  A chopper, two blade wolves with a bipedal...  I got to the swarm of armbots with 2 heavy troopers, and gave up.
Here's what it looks like if you can get perfect blocks, I guess, instead of trying to stay alive while wearing things down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiwpTY8NlTE
(also I guess there *are* FC upgrades somewhere??  All I've got is 130% health)

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: May 31, 2019, 07:12:06 pm »

A fight against Incineroar and Villager, plus there's the (hostile) assist trophy Sheriff. The only items that drop are those things from Galaga that drag you off stage. This fight is such utter bullshit. The Galaga thing is a pretty much guaranteed insta-kill, since it's all but impossible to break out of it even with a spirit that gives easier escape from binds/grabs(such as Cubivore's Pig). The Sheriff is also bullshit, since it's uncannily accurate despite only being able to fire in eight directions, and keeps repeatedly hitting me as I try to get back on the screen. Not only that, his bullets are unaffected by things like the Franklin Badge(which reflects projectiles back).

I found out there's a Jetstream Sam mode.

I don't think I got past the second enemy encounter in the Sam's story mode.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21532 on: June 01, 2019, 01:07:25 am »

Sam lacks Raiden's dodge ability

He does, it's a sort of roll unlike Raiden's sidestep+sword swing. I don't remember it being terrible.
Bladewolf also has a dodge but IIRC it's kinda slow and shit.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: June 01, 2019, 02:09:55 pm »

A fight against Incineroar and Villager, plus there's the (hostile) assist trophy Sheriff. The only items that drop are those things from Galaga that drag you off stage. This fight is such utter bullshit. The Galaga thing is a pretty much guaranteed insta-kill, since it's all but impossible to break out of it even with a spirit that gives easier escape from binds/grabs(such as Cubivore's Pig). The Sheriff is also bullshit, since it's uncannily accurate despite only being able to fire in eight directions, and keeps repeatedly hitting me as I try to get back on the screen. Not only that, his bullets are unaffected by things like the Franklin Badge(which reflects projectiles back).]
That fight is pure suffering. The only good way to deal with it is to equip assist killer and try to get lucky and take out the Sheriff early. Once he's out of the picture it becomes substantially easier, though it still isn't exactly a walk in the park.

Edit - Actually, I might be thinking of a different fight. I can't remember whether the Sheriff can actually be KO'd.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:24:44 pm by Nighthawk »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: June 01, 2019, 04:15:22 pm »

Edit - Actually, I might be thinking of a different fight. I can't remember whether the Sheriff can actually be KO'd.

I think so. I certainly can hit the Sheriff, so I assume he can be KO'd. Ironically, the support spirit that gives Assist Killer is... The Sheriff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: June 01, 2019, 07:36:29 pm »

Sam lacks Raiden's dodge ability

He does, it's a sort of roll unlike Raiden's sidestep+sword swing. I don't remember it being terrible.
Bladewolf also has a dodge but IIRC it's kinda slow and shit.
...That would probably explain why I was unable to avoid the final(?) dlc boss's yellow charges except for maybe 10% of the time.
Thread appropriate- I burnt out all 4 of my repair nanites on the first half of that fight, then hit a checkpoint.  I'm very much up a creek without a paddle, and only pride kept me from restarting the chapter.

In case it's not clear, though, I fricken love the DLC and respect the challenge it provides.  I really wanted to keep playing but my fingers hurt a *LOT* from using an XBOX controller for the first time in a while.

Advantage:  Reasonably possible to block, maybe even counter hits
Disadvantage: Increasingly bad physical pain

(PS2 master race)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21536 on: June 01, 2019, 09:29:13 pm »

Armstrong's yellow charge is one of the only attacks that you really, really need to use the dodge move for. I know this because I managed to avoid learning how to dodge until the final boss in the main game and he beat my ass until I figured it out. :V
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: June 02, 2019, 10:42:35 pm »

I finally start to feel like I'm ready to rescue Nick Valentine, so I start exploring the area around Diamond City.

About 10 steps to the east, there's a bunch of doggos that have at least 300 hp (a bottlecap mine wouldn't even kill a wounded one.) I get past those on the third try by kiting them into Diamond City security.

A few steps beyond that, a Super Mutant Brute blows my arm off in one shot.

In the opposite direction, some Children of Atom do... something and I explode into pieces. I don't think they had a mininuke, but maybe they did.

I'm starting to think I might not be high enough level for this yet.

Fallout 4.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: June 03, 2019, 07:52:58 am »

Found a fortress an easy distance from my portal, and even better is one of the first rooms I find has a Blaze spawner. This is great because during my last attempts, Blazes were damn hard to find for some reason. And this was before potion-making required Blaze powder.

Whilst dealing with two that popped out of the spawner, I start taking hits from behind. Apparently another Blaze spawned normally right outside the room. I managed to kill the two that I was fighting, but as I was running from the third, the game starts rubber-banding and I take massive damage as well as being set on fire from across the room despite the Blaze just sitting there. The killing blow lands as I'm halfway down the hallway to the exit, and I find my stuff back in the spawner room.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #21539 on: June 03, 2019, 09:52:02 am »

the game starts rubber-banding

What does that mean?
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 1570