Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 [1437] 1438 1439 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244749 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21540 on: June 03, 2019, 12:14:50 pm »

In this particular case, it's probably caused by a desync between the server and client programs, which causes the game to revert back a few fractions of a second. Even though I play singleplayer, it happens all the time. Usually when I'm mining a few blocks(especially very quickly with a good pickaxe); the last block or two to break suddenly reappears as if it were not mined. Once I thought I had a boat disappear because it did this right when I put it on the water, except it ended back up in my hotbar(the icon wasn't there, hence why I thought it was gone).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21541 on: June 04, 2019, 08:25:35 am »

There's a Super Mutant Behemoth that makes its home smack in the middle between Graygarden and Sunshine Tidings. While consolidating my ammo stashes into a central location, I decided to take it out. There's a ruined bus nearby I can use for shelter while I plink away at it.

It turns out, the Behemoth's melee attack doesn't care about the bus.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21542 on: June 05, 2019, 07:52:47 pm »

There's a Super Mutant Behemoth that makes its home smack in the middle between Graygarden and Sunshine Tidings. While consolidating my ammo stashes into a central location, I decided to take it out. There's a ruined bus nearby I can use for shelter while I plink away at it.

It turns out, the Behemoth's melee attack doesn't care about the bus.

Fallout 4.

If it'd the one I'm thinking of, there are also cliffs above the creature that you can shoot it from.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21543 on: June 09, 2019, 07:54:32 am »

Lost the battle because I spent most of the time in an APC. The main cannon on it is... massively underwhelming. Decent fire rate, but only 12 shots and a long reload, plus piss-poor damage. I scored a headshot and they didn't die, let alone multiple chest shots. Normal expectation is, if you get shot in the chest with a 30mm high-explosive round, the question is not whether you survive, the question is if they can identify your remains afterwards.

And when I was outside of an APC, it seemed every single enemy was wielding a sniper rifle and targeting me specifically. Or wielding a shotgun that was accurate and effective out to sniper rifle range and targeting me specifically.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21544 on: June 10, 2019, 10:57:46 am »

not exactly death but still. im currently playing a new character in EVE Online and was travelling to a trade hub to pick up some attribute implants i bought for faster training. turns out two of the systems in the route were part of an Invasion event and the first one just had an NPC camp on the first gate of the system i entered, by the time i pushed the warp button i was already receiving a Killmail for my Corvette.

these triangles have no chill  :P

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21545 on: June 10, 2019, 09:34:11 pm »

A pig killed me while I was shoving fistfuls of blueberries into my face hole and dicking around in menus.

And then I saw this fucker and figuratively died again. Spoiled for sanity.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21546 on: June 12, 2019, 10:49:04 am »

Tried Rimworld with Hardcore SK again. Exiled start, second day, randomly ordered my only colonist to kill and eat a squirell. He almost immediately gets food poisoning and gets downed. Let's look at his health. Maxed higyene need - +20% to food poisoning chance. Guy's dead. Not because he has eaten a full fucken squerell raw and got himself rabies or something, but because he didn't washed his hands. I don't know to where these 20% go, but i disable this pretentious bullshit (along with literal shit) until better times. Too bad that making food poisoning be how it was in previous versions is a bit harder. Also, inbuilt spyware, ho!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21547 on: June 12, 2019, 12:57:08 pm »

This week's Arkham Horror LCG mission involved a lot of locations that did small amounts of damage when you go looking for clues (which is the only way to advance). 2 of us died because of this and making some choices that turned out to be bad. We play blind, so we're learning that the Forgotten Age campaign is tougher, we have 4 players (1-4, 3 is the sweet spot) without having enough clue-gathering ability to fully justify it, and 2 of our character have imbalanced stats that keep getting used (this is good, the game should punish you for having dump stats, but it also shouldn't make those characters specifically for the campaign that punishes it).

I had a nice big engine, two good guns, two sets of bronzewood shielding. I decided to visit the blue kingdom, I was probably well equipped for it, I thought.

Turns out it's got these great, fat, tanky-as-f__k, fast-as-h__l sentient burning correspondence enemies that shoot homing, high damage, exploding shotgun-esque fireballs. The only reprieve is that they're slow moving, but they move faster than your engine does. But that's not what got me. That's what got me to 6hp.

What got me was a bull cantankeri coming out of b____y nowhere to splatter me.

Sunless Skies

Okay, this got me wondering: where is the list of forum rules? I'm used to it being stickied at the top of the forum main page. Nevermind, just much further down than I expected. Apparently shitposting, swearing, mental illness, and drug use are within the rules as long as they aren't offensive.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:01:42 pm by Iduno »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21548 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:12 pm »

I'm censoring the words because in the Fallen London universe, they're always censored like that. Including such profanities as d__n.

No judgement. I was just wondering if I was crossing a line.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21549 on: June 13, 2019, 05:20:10 pm »

I've ragequit Arma 3 Antistasi twice because the civilian AI ran me over after veering off course straight for me. First one also reversed through a wall to kill me while the second one got 6 rounds into it's face for charging at me, was too close for me to get away though.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21550 on: June 15, 2019, 12:26:24 am »

Playing X-Piratez today, I learned that giant spiders can open doors to your ship and kill the unprotected psychic inside. I've never seen any other enemy do that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21551 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:02 am »

In search of XP, fusion cores and legendary items that will let me advance further south and east, I try to take out Kellogg.

The fight inside is a disaster, but somehow I survive. There's a sleeping bag on the first floor that I can use to save.

Except when the enemies have almost de-aggro'd Nick walks down the stairs and alerts a legendary synth patroller. Good-bye, last 15 minutes of gameplay!

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21552 on: June 15, 2019, 08:33:25 pm »

Hunh.

Titular character Pisskop went on a coffee binge and sat in his wooden hut and watched as a mad boomalope beat the crap out of first his doggo and then him half to death.  The tribe appeared in time to save him, but he was set on fire in the explosion and caught a disease and died in horrible agony as we ran out of medicine.  Not to mention our brave club-wielding warrior who got point  blank into the boomalopes face in an attempt to save piss.

Why are we out of medicine, you may ask?  Well, out farmer girl decided to go thrash her room while a shitton (7) of civilized raider came at us with bolt action rifles.  Our bows and superior tactics won us the day, but we spent all our medicine on our farmer, a potential recruit, and a few other recruits.  We had some nearly grown healroot ready for harvest, but somebody was too busy smacking their statue titled 'Pisskop's Smile' to harvest, and the boomalopes helped burn down the crop anyway, soooo.....

Its not even 15 days in, and this is a thing.

Rimworld
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:37:43 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21553 on: June 16, 2019, 03:16:24 am »

I was coming here to also post a rimworld death.  But my death is just a random skill less mook I didn't care much about, not a player proxy.  Oh well, still a death.

A tornado* grazed one of the preexisting stone structures on the map.  Causing explosions.  I did not expect explosions so I send someone to break down a wall and investigate.

Whaddaya know mechanoids. 3 centipedes and a bunch of dead and burning ancient soldiers.  I assume their cryosleep caskets were the explosions I heard.  The centipedes are damaged, likely from the tornado and explosions, but I'm still not fucking with that.  So I call back the constructor who easily outruns the centipedes and load up a pair of antigrain(nukes) mortar shots.

Little did I know my random useless hauler noticed the bricks lying all the way out there from the broken down bit of wall and decided he needed to go gather them up.  Antigrain round out, 2nd one still preparing to fire, wait why did the centipedes stop, what are they aiming at?  Why the hell is the hauler there trying to fight 3 centipedes with a pistol?  *BOOM*

RIP Thatch the hauler.  You came to us in a crashed pod and I rescued you out of the kindness of my heart, you had no good skills,  You decided to join and I figured making you a crappy bedroom would be better than the morale debuff of banishing you.  You still ended up giving everyone a morale debuff in the end, but at least now you'll feed the velociraptor and t-rex for a day.

Rimworld(modded)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21554 on: June 17, 2019, 02:53:06 pm »

Are you sure it's not A.I magic (aka cheating but for the A.I)
Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 [1437] 1438 1439 ... 1570