Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244657 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21555 on: June 17, 2019, 03:23:26 pm »

Yeah depending on the difficulty setting that happens, also I've noted some cheaty bugs lately that weren't there last update.

For instance, I've been invading a world and had a 1000 - 200 ratio of overall power over them, as an example, only to see their last defending unit suddenly blast up to 600 overall power by himself and start wrecking my troops.

I think they broke some things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: June 17, 2019, 04:08:48 pm »

Armies having wacky swings in health and power was fixed in the 2.3.2 beta patch at least, and will probably make it to a live patch soon.

QA in Stellaris is really something else.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21557 on: June 17, 2019, 05:44:05 pm »

For instance, I've been invading a world and had a 1000 - 200 ratio of overall power over them, as an example, only to see their last defending unit suddenly blast up to 600 overall power by himself and start wrecking my troops.

I think they broke some things.
I mean, did they, or did they accidentally leak changes from the upcoming DBZ DLC? Nothing broken here, you just found the super saiyan needle in the galactic haystack.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: June 18, 2019, 03:50:48 am »

The ai will actually generate ships over time on higher difficulties, even if every sector they have is occupied.  Assume this is also true foe lower ones as well.  Whole new fleets are known to happen suspiciously, but a fleet of corvettes is pretty easy to build outside of EG, if you have the resources.

Ask me how I know the ai cheats
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:54:59 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: June 18, 2019, 10:41:32 am »

How do you know the A.I cheats?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21560 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:00 am »

Because I secretly work at Paradox
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21561 on: June 19, 2019, 02:19:46 am »

Because I secretly work at Paradox
If it was both true and secret, you would not tell us.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: June 19, 2019, 04:50:08 am »

This is a random smf forum in the ass end of the internet.  No-one uses smf these days, it's all discord now, anything posted here will just be dismissed as the ravings of old folks not keeping up with the times.

Nothing posted here will be believed.  It's a great place to get the joy of coming clean and revealing secrets in a safe environment that does not have the risk of the pesky human media getting involved.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:52:32 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21563 on: June 19, 2019, 11:52:07 am »

I feel like discord can be quite deficient compared to regular forums. For one thing, you can't create topics or threads. All conversation is relegated to only a few chat rooms per server which can make things quite a crowded mess. It's also quite hard to search for old content. It's there, but good luck finding it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21564 on: June 20, 2019, 05:22:03 am »

I should have died, but I guess the game gives you a last chance at zero health. Of course, it was total bullshit getting a room that splits into two paths right at the entrance and the first door I tried was locked. Then getting a room where it goes in a full circle and the monster can seemingly move/attack through the wall. I think I might have been the first person to ever ragequit this game rather than nope!quit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: June 21, 2019, 02:20:12 am »

Got repeatedly killed by the Dahaka after killing the Empress. Having no sand and no way to replenish it does not help. Neither does perspective changing in the middle of quick-time events.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21566 on: June 21, 2019, 02:49:16 pm »

a minor mistake when making my base in the wilderness was enough for the cold night to claim my soul.

-playing Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:09:46 pm by xaritscin »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: June 21, 2019, 03:01:31 pm »

Playing Arkham Horror Card game, Forgotten Age campaign.

It started interesting, with a lot of promising mechanics and some choices to make. Then they FFG-ed anything of interest up, and it's just a slog. The promise of literally any of the 4 stats other than willpower mattering is this most disappointing (there is also a single mission out of the 8 in each campaign where the agility stat is used, that's otherwise a mostly worthless stat). Especially as probably the most interesting character who came with this campaign has a willpower of 1 (lowest possible, with 5 as the max). He can't reasonably survive the 3rd mission as he is currently, and you aren't allowed to rebuild your deck.

We've tried twice, and I died both times. Running up against unbalanced game mechanics in a game that's this expensive and been around this long is frustrating, and making me lose interest in the game.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: June 23, 2019, 02:14:19 pm »

Reminds me of all the time I got six misses in a row at 80%+ hit chance in XCOM, both old and new.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:20 pm »

Hahaha I wouldn't play with any of the mods that add extra weapon tiers or anything in Rimworld.  The mod developers seem to be heavy on recolored items with better stats and light on playtesting.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 1570