Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244590 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21570 on: June 24, 2019, 11:03:08 am »

Attempting Greedier mode as the Lost.

Currently at a -25 streak.

Not counting restarts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21571 on: June 24, 2019, 01:16:06 pm »

Combat Extended only adds a few guns. The vast majority aren't OP, and those that are tend to be horrifically expensive. You're more likely to get them through the raids. The main point of CE is to add stuff like shot height (So you can't shoot someone prone behind sandbags for example), ammo/magazines, and generally make them more realistic. Unfortunately  the centipede was ludicrously powerful.

Anyway, Rimworld again. Started a new colony with naked and afraid. Walk up to a building, nothing pops up saying it's dangerous. Open the door and what do you know, there's a fucking scyther there. Must be a record for shortest-lived colony or something.

EDIT: Nope, I'm not bothering for now. The game's doing that thing it does where it keeps trying to make me fail. This time I had started up the naked and afraid scenario, and the game promptly dropped a ship chunk on my head.
I swear to god this wasn't a thing when I played.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21572 on: June 25, 2019, 07:53:36 pm »

I recently picked up Saints Row 3. Early on, there is a helicopter chase mission. D is turn right. E is "jump out of the helicopter in the middle of the mission for no good reason." If you hit E again while you're falling, you fail the mission because you failed the chase. If you do not, you fail because you died. Well, try number 10...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21573 on: June 25, 2019, 07:56:19 pm »

Well, don't press E~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21574 on: June 25, 2019, 09:32:34 pm »

Well, don't press E~

Yep. Just w and d. I finally quit doing that, and started following the game's advice. To turn quickly, hold space and one of the directions. Space is not "turn faster", it's "power slide." In a helicopter. Downtown. Sometime's it's acceptable, but mostly it just rams you into the side of a building, which is bad if you like being alive and not on fire.

I managed to finish that mission, and am spending time running around just earning money by doing side missions (and spending the money to own property, which gains money over time).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21575 on: June 26, 2019, 12:07:02 pm »

Ha Ha, destroyed that spider mastermind despite how cramped that room was but i was full of plasma rifle ammo it couldn't do much as i just used that small corner for cover anyways.

Nothing can stop me anymore, just rushing to the exit right now and complete the episode again.

Oh right, there's a Cyberdemon now in that last corridor at that difficulty level, on the previous run i did on a lower difficulty there was none.
But whatever i'll just sprint past that beast and get the win.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21576 on: June 26, 2019, 02:13:24 pm »

In the cramped, spraypaint-choked corridors of a derelict warehouse-turned-anarchist squat (also growhouse), my retreat was cut off by another group of shamblers that I must have disturbed as I marched through the building blasting away with my proudly Italian-made shotgun.
I was swarmed and mobbed to death by a ghastly horde of masked highschool outcasts, brightly-plumed feminists, welfare recipients and an assortment of social studies majors enraged by the unviability of their degrees. Free speech, masculinity and the last hopes of humanity died with me. o_o7   

Curse those strangely aerodynamic thrown bottles I'm always getting bombarded with!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21577 on: June 26, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »

Acid rain is deadly, as is most of the wildlife that will attack you as you seek cover to heal from the residual poison damage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21578 on: June 26, 2019, 04:48:11 pm »

Nobody died but it's a massive waste of medical supplies.

I have 2 people who absolutely hate eachother, getting into fights with eachother almost weekly.  One of them has a bionic arm, the other is heavily armored.  Both of them have very high melee stat.

They get into a fight in the rec room.  The armored one handily beats the pulp out of the one with the bionic arm, but not before she loses her middle finger.  (I like to think she flipped him off and he decided to use his bionic arm to remove the offending digit, and then after that she picked up her finger and beat him with it.)  The fight ends and they are walking to the hospital.  Another fight starts in the hallway on the way to the hospital, she loses her index finger this time.  And then finally when they reach the hospital yet ANOTHER fight starts, which ends in a one punch KO by the person now missing two fingers.

One of the few things I'm short on is medicine.  That fight resulted in me using up the last of my industrial medicine, and I'm going to be using up another bionic arm to remove the debuff from 2 missing fingers on one hand.  I still have some glitterworld medicine, but I want to only use that stuff on surgery.

Funnily enough the bionic arm is the less annoying thing to have used up.  I have so much steel, plasteel, and components my stockpile is overflowing.  But it's quite some time til the next herb harvest, and the closest trading partner is 3 days away to buy more medicine.  By the time my caravan returns they'll have pummeled eachother into the hospital again.

Rimworld
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21579 on: June 28, 2019, 06:56:43 am »

Tried aiming my run towards completing the boss rush.

As ???.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21580 on: June 28, 2019, 01:40:31 pm »

Nobody died but it's a massive waste of medical supplies.

I have 2 people who absolutely hate eachother, getting into fights with eachother almost weekly.  One of them has a bionic arm, the other is heavily armored.  Both of them have very high melee stat.

They get into a fight in the rec room.  The armored one handily beats the pulp out of the one with the bionic arm, but not before she loses her middle finger.  (I like to think she flipped him off and he decided to use his bionic arm to remove the offending digit, and then after that she picked up her finger and beat him with it.)  The fight ends and they are walking to the hospital.  Another fight starts in the hallway on the way to the hospital, she loses her index finger this time.  And then finally when they reach the hospital yet ANOTHER fight starts, which ends in a one punch KO by the person now missing two fingers.

One of the few things I'm short on is medicine.  That fight resulted in me using up the last of my industrial medicine, and I'm going to be using up another bionic arm to remove the debuff from 2 missing fingers on one hand.  I still have some glitterworld medicine, but I want to only use that stuff on surgery.

Funnily enough the bionic arm is the less annoying thing to have used up.  I have so much steel, plasteel, and components my stockpile is overflowing.  But it's quite some time til the next herb harvest, and the closest trading partner is 3 days away to buy more medicine.  By the time my caravan returns they'll have pummeled eachother into the hospital again.

Rimworld

Just set everyone to "no medicine" unless you're doing surgery or they get sick/infection.

There's no reason to waste medicine (even herbal) for general injuries. Even a moderately (~10) skilled doctor can get 30%+ tends with no medicine. One a wound is tended (even a 0% tend) the chance for infection drops to practically zero (maybe literally zero). The healing time for 100% tends vs 0% tends is not even that different, especially if you have medical beds with vital monitors.

As an added bonus, they treat multiple wounds if they use medicine, which means less medical exp. No medicine = more medical actions = higher medical level. So not only is using medicine wasteful, but you skill up better if you don't.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21581 on: June 29, 2019, 07:10:37 pm »

Deadbolt is really hard. In Hotline Miami there are a number of situations you can place yourself in where quick reflexes and good aim are vital. In Deadbolt, there are at least as many situations where you can put yourself in unwinnable positions - and there are still plenty of times where poor aim or slow reflexes can result in a death.

Watched a movie and didn't realize this took a full hour or so of in-game time. Thus I locked myself out of the story and away from any chance of a good ending. Maybe next time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21582 on: June 29, 2019, 08:12:00 pm »

I can usually handle helicopters. I can handle them in Arma. I can handle them in various other games, both realistic and arcade-y.

But not here. Not even sure why, it's just a lot harder to fly them here. I managed to get gold medals on all the airplane lessons at the flight school, but the helicopter ones are killing me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21583 on: July 05, 2019, 09:31:15 am »

You'd think squashing 3 major, MAJOR rebellions would make the country's militancy go down.

Instead some 40 million people spontaneously revolted. There's no way to deal with that. That's about 35% of my country taking up arms. At most, through standard pop promotion, 3.5% of the population are soldiers. I was literally outnumbered by reactionary rebels 10:1
Victoria 2: Pop Demand Mod
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21584 on: July 05, 2019, 11:14:48 am »

Is vicki like EU, where rebels are tangible units that everyine is at war with?  just dow Russia, and wait for them to come for you  :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1570