Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 1396012 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21690 on: August 11, 2019, 01:06:57 pm »

Driving around the parking lot for Panessa Studios, trying to figure out how to get the Batmobile onto the roof to activate a scanner path for a Riddler Trophy, when the Batmobile just suddenly exploded. No idea how, but it came with a game-over scene of Alfred saying my sacrifice will be remembered, which I've never seen before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Allahu Batcar

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21691 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:57 pm »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21692 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:27 pm »

I don't know how he's paying for them, since I see his income every time he whines for peace - he's only got about 100 gold and +2 gold per turn.

On difficulties higher than prince, the civilization AI begins to cheat. That's one of the reasons why people aren't that big of a fan of this game. The AI is too dumb to put up a proper challenge.

The AI always cheats as far as I know. It just cheats harder on higher difficulty. Cheating AI is easier than actual AI that thinks (or even appears to).

Thread-related: I set down my x-piratez crew in a prepper (doomsday preppers about 300 years after doomsday) mission. They love grenades, and 4 of my 6 gals got hit after the first round out of the aircar. Luckily, 2 were already down from a machine gunner.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:04:26 pm by Iduno »
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21693 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:46 am »

Smacked a bomb squig with my chainsword.

It's been a long time since I played this game, but I'd forgotten both how fun it was to stomp ork heads for health and how the game actually does a pretty good job of making you feel like a big dang hero to the guardsmen who are scattered around.

That death was also the first place I died the last time I played the game, if I recall, which was in the ordnance room of the armorium where Leandros tries to push the shell back onto the loader while you're being mobbed by orkz.  I actually died here 3 times in my current play through, twice to bomb squigs and once to just getting mobbed because I kept spamming the stun button instead of the execute button and couldn't figure out why I wasn't regaining health.  The controls are a little fiddly on PC.

Space Marine.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:14:28 am by Telgin »
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21694 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:22 am »

Space Marine was awesome. It's a shame that we probably won't ever see a sequel.

Since my Fallout 4 survival game is glitched and permanently softlocked as far as I can tell, I redoubled my efforts in Daggerfall. Princess Morgiah sends me to Scourg Barrow to deliver a letter. I have all kinds of spells and enchants, should be a piece of cake.

The second room I enter has two Flesh Atronachs. I die without hitting them once.

TES 2: Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21695 on: August 14, 2019, 08:42:14 pm »

My nightmares jumped from barely 5 straight to 8.  Now I'm stuck in a hotel that's 100% not a mental asylum.

Fallen London

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21696 on: August 15, 2019, 02:28:06 pm »

Stomped by the ork warboss.

I was doing well in my first attempt and got to the second to last phase, but while trying to stomp gretchin for health, the boss ran me over and killed me.  What followed was 6 more attempts where he rapidly stomped my butt.  I'm not even sure what I did differently that let me win the next time.

Space Marine, again.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled shield user
    • View Profile
« Reply #21697 on: August 16, 2019, 08:05:15 am »

Entered a sewer in Godsreach, Mournhold. Got instantly pummeled to death by a goblin.

The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #21698 on: August 16, 2019, 09:17:19 am »

one does not simply walk into mournhold

at least not with a level 10 character
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21699 on: August 16, 2019, 07:19:59 pm »

For my first game after a few years of not playing, I created a world with high savagery and a high number of beasts. I remember my previous few forts just becoming boring, as my biggest challenge was making bedrooms for all the migrants.

As if to punish my hubris, a wereantelope arrived before I had any weapons or traps to speak of. Of course, he neglected to kill any of the peasants or children that arrived in the last migrant wave, but instead murdered my hunters, miners and farmers before running away.

Dwarf Fortress.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #21700 on: August 16, 2019, 07:21:57 pm »

Always bring a weapon.

picks are decent weapons.

Actually I always bring like 2-3 picks and a copper helm.

Guess what the helm is for?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21701 on: August 16, 2019, 08:20:31 pm »

Steering the ship, duh.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21702 on: August 16, 2019, 08:33:50 pm »

Making people laugh.

Reference
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21703 on: August 16, 2019, 10:28:46 pm »

Guess what the helm is for?

It's the Dorf version of a Sorting Hat?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21704 on: August 17, 2019, 02:04:10 am »

It serves as a cup until you can make some mugs?
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449