Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2243911 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21600 on: July 09, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »

I both love and hate Baba is You.

Edit, I can do better: BA IS HA AND LO
                             BA     TE        VE

Dammit, "Small Pond"! You tricked me again. Why do I always fall for your stupid, obvious (for this game) trap?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21601 on: July 11, 2019, 11:29:18 am »

It has taken me understandably big while to find players who don't freak out and quit immediately, but here we go - Sona mid, and quite successful, at that. Also, not quite succesful Katarina support. And bot veigar wanted to take Diana at first. I have found right people to play with.  :P Still lost, though.
At first they pressed us and destroyed most towers, then they got slaughtered by us a lot, but still somehow pressed us, then we finally killed them enough times to get to their base, then they pulled crazy party wipe out of nowhere and finished us. But yeah, totally valid build against Ahri who really doesn't know how to play despite having 30k points.
And it's still just A. Fucking bullshit.  ::)
And THIS is A+. Why on earth killing a lot of minions is more important than killing a lot of people?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:46:51 pm by MCreeper »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21602 on: July 13, 2019, 03:05:55 pm »

Well, I lost a war that by rights I could have and should have won. The reason I lost is because the game bugged out. After a victory (A definite, 100% victory. No retreat, the battle screen said I won, etc. etc.) my army decided they were going to go on a path to a province. No shattered retreat icon, full morale, everything. I couldn't dissuade them from this path AT ALL. They were going there, and that was final. As a result, I couldn't bop the enemy's armies one-by-one before they formed up.

Also, the game neglected to mention I was at war. I was just suddenly at war with them without a popup or anything. I was lucky to have realised that I was at war before they started sieging down my provinces, although as mentioned above it didn't help since I had the not-retreating-but-acts-like-a-shattered-retreat bug.

Crusader Kings II
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21603 on: July 13, 2019, 03:25:03 pm »

Tried aiming my run towards completing the boss rush.

As ??? the Lost.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21604 on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:11 pm »

Wanted to finish out the day quickly, so I could start doing some "officially unsupported" things to my Switch. Rushed to the 10th floor of the mines, where I found a pair of boots in a chest.

...Except my inventory was full. So I dumped the small stack of rocks I was carrying to make room, open the chest again to get the boots. ...Except the chest simply disappears. No boots, and of course no rocks either.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21605 on: July 13, 2019, 07:05:20 pm »

Arkham Horror Card Game. Forgotten Age.

Last week, we set up the 5th scenario (I think; it's the 2-parter), played through it, and realized we used the wrong locations. Then we did it again, with the right locations and the wrong act/adgenda. This week, we got through it, but our mage dying means we only got 4 of the 6 objectives. The game says to play again, with a harder start but with less time wasted finding out what your objective is. We mulliganed it, tried again, and got to a likely no-win condition after about 30 minutes out of a 1.5-hour game.

I want to like this campaign. It tries to make agility a useful stat, it has an exploration mechanic (great for a jungle expedition), and they...tried with the resources. They also punish you for playing with 4 players instead of 2 (fewer resources, so larger groups run out of stuff/can't have everything they want and need. Also the encounter deck has whole-group effects, so more people means it's more likely to get one of the cards that hits everyone, because everyone draws a card each round), this mission at least makes the encounters mostly linear so you waste large amounts of time going through a deck to find the ONE card out of 12 that is useful instead of exploration just having you branch out, and there are a lot of gotchas that you get no hint of beforehand.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21606 on: July 14, 2019, 04:57:57 am »

Not sure why the developers decided to make wandering bandits stronger than professional military units. Scoundrels have both a decent melee and ranged attack, and a bullshit Sprint ability that lets them yeet across the entire battlefield, through your lines, and launch strikes on vulnerable targets from behind(getting a flank bonus while they're at it), and they will gank valuable units. They're also not a race-specific unit, instead being of any race and getting racial bonuses(dwarf scoundrels are tougher, goblins add blight-damage, etc).

They also spawn continuously from hard-to-find bandit camps in armies of 3 units where 6 units in an army is the maximum and very expensive.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21607 on: July 14, 2019, 12:52:24 pm »

AoW3 does a lot of funky stuff, and it really takes a while before the general strategies start clicking. You have to play extremely defensively compared to the earlier games, and until you do you'll find everything just falls apart...

That said, if you wanna use scoundrels yourself, feel free to create a Rogue character! They're the first class unit on the list! And yes, sprint is ridiculous on "ha ha I didn't even pay for these" units in care of the AI.

You basically just have to use the environment and create plugs with your infantry. They can run far, but they can't run *that* far. And scoundrels also have pretty lackluster health, generally speaking.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21608 on: July 14, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

TFW you updated Cataclysm:DDA to the latest experimentals and die from the cold on the first night. of course, i was playing a full naked start but still, the cold didnt bother me before. apparently the change to how time runs during turns and the nerfs to healing mechanics makes you die even when hiding in an improvised shelter with a fire ring burning up with enough fuel to last you the next day.

guess i'll have to wait and check on the updates until it gets fixed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21609 on: July 14, 2019, 07:58:06 pm »

Lost a pretty decent Dwarven Sorcerer, a lot of human knights and other troops, and a couple of fairies I picked up from a nearby vassal. Was going to deal with an undead spawning site, only to accidentally walk into a stack and a half of fallen Archons aka zombie angels. About half of that were Archon Titans aka GIANT zombie angels.

Only survivor of the battle was a single knight, down to exactly 2 hitpoints, and even then he only survived because a goddamned lucky attack roll boosted by several buff spells.

By the time I can raise another army, more will probably have spawned.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21610 on: July 14, 2019, 08:44:43 pm »

Wait, THAT'S why the skeletons kept deserting me?

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #21611 on: July 15, 2019, 12:07:22 am »

Shot in the body, fell out a window, broke neck on impact with the ground.
Intruder.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21612 on: July 15, 2019, 01:24:24 am »

I thought I would be cute and try to give Wuuf, my ninja-priest who is also a dog, some fighter experience. Wuuf might have been able to deal with the mushrooms on the first few levels, but he is no match for mummies or blue guys or trash squids. I tried to switch my fighters back to the front row, but one was holding a treasure chest and the other was dual-wielding potion bottles. A group of blue guys chased me into a corner and there I gave up trying to save the situation.

Dungeon Master.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21613 on: July 15, 2019, 04:44:46 am »

Wait, THAT'S why the skeletons kept deserting me?

Either that, or it's the fact you really can't control undead stuff without being being a Necromancer... which is DLC-exclusive. Also, I started this campaign before buying the DLCs, and it looks like DLC stuff doesn't get added to a game in progress.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21614 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:45 am »

Took a mission to kill a dude in an underground ruin. Made my way there, dug a murder hole, got murdered by a rocket to the face.

Made my way back there over the course of about 30 minutes. Dude was in the surrender position. I ain't taking no chances. Unloaded a full energy bar from my dual-wielded burny-cancer pistols.

Starbound with a fuckton of mods. Frackin Universe adds so many stations I may have to finally make a settlement to house them.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:00:09 am by Mephisto »
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 1570