Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244708 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21615 on: July 15, 2019, 08:33:03 am »

Game did it again, no popup when war was declared on me.

This time it was the Aztecs. No way to win, but had I known I'd have been able to do a lot more damage by getting my troops into some mountains before they attacked. No chance of that when the first warning I got that I was being attacked was a popup saying I lost a siege.

Crusader Kings 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21616 on: July 15, 2019, 08:38:30 am »

Are you inheriting titles around your borders, or winning wars for titles which are being fought over by lots of different people?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21617 on: July 15, 2019, 08:48:57 am »

Nope, I've checked everything several times over. The DoWs will randomly not pop up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

The Aztecs just did an invasion against me and there was literally no warning about it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21618 on: July 15, 2019, 09:00:46 am »

Sounds like somebody accidentally disabled the DoW popup.

its actually in the same menu as the major and minor alerts.

yes, in ckii you can turn dow jnto a minor alert, or event just a footnote in the log
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21619 on: July 15, 2019, 10:19:05 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:48:03 am by catacombs »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21620 on: July 15, 2019, 11:46:36 am »

It has taken me understandably big while to find players who don't freak out and quit immediately
Ugh. This was one of the many reasons why I left LoL. I loved the game, but the community is beyond toxic. Bad players can really be detrimental to your game.

Twas ultimately why I quit along with all the out-of-game micro.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21621 on: July 15, 2019, 01:26:22 pm »

It has taken me understandably big while to find players who don't freak out and quit immediately
Ugh. This was one of the many reasons why I left LoL. I loved the game, but the community is beyond toxic. Bad players can really be detrimental to your game.

Understandably big while.  :P Not everyone knows that Sona indeed can deal some proper damage. I didn't either. Or were you referring to something else? For what it's worth, DOTA community is far more vile AND supported in it's vileness by game mechanics, 100% guaranteed, from total of three battles i did in it.  :P

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21622 on: July 15, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:47:51 am by catacombs »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21623 on: July 15, 2019, 04:37:10 pm »

Okay I have weakened this outpost here so I can take it I thought...

First off the squad met the outer patrols, easy enough but a fair amount of ammo spent. We took the outpost nice and straight forward although the AI had put yet another roadblock between the two outposts for some reason but nothing one of my three AT rockets couldn't handle. Then that deep ominous engine growl happens, A Main Battle Tank, with an APC in tow... I didn't have enough rockets to knock out the APC never mind the tank.

Needless to say the tank won the fight, then their paratroopers arrived because the AI loves overkill.

Arma 3 Antistasi.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21624 on: July 16, 2019, 12:30:03 am »

I thought I wasn't going to find anything harder than trash squids for at least one more level. They hit like a dump truck and are extremely durable, but also very very slow.

Then I met some worms, which are like trash squids but really really fast.

I don't care what the monsters' real names are. Maybe if I did they would think I was really cool and not kill me.

Dungeon Master.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21625 on: July 16, 2019, 09:02:19 am »

Sounds like somebody accidentally disabled the DoW popup.

its actually in the same menu as the major and minor alerts.

yes, in ckii you can turn dow jnto a minor alert, or event just a footnote in the log
Nope, the game sometimes pops up with it, sometimes it doesn't. In the same game I was DoWed without a popup, DoWed with a popup, then DoWed without one again. Each time the attackers were after a title I (or a vassal) had held for decades.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21626 on: July 17, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »

Ratmen are jerks when you don't have real armor. And when you land surrounded by them. And also you have most of your ship filled with expendable peasants instead of useful characters.

X-piratez.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21627 on: July 17, 2019, 01:05:13 pm »

I risked flying past the graveyards on the way back to London while low on health.
Grave Robber ship beelined for me and after an intense battle, it 1 hit KO’d me.

Sunless Skies
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21628 on: July 17, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »

Snuck into bandit lair after golum-ie for the thieves guild quest. Tried to fight the bandits. Became corpse. Tried to sneak through spider cave route. Became spider food. Life is not fair when you're wimpy. I literally had to sneak through the entire dungeon and use stealth archer fuckery to get the lizard alone long enough to talk.

Skyrim, thieves guild quest line.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21629 on: July 17, 2019, 08:01:09 pm »

Ragequit due to several bullshit things that happened after declaring war on an enemy empire. Lost a high-leveled unit well away from reinforcement, during a battle in which several enemy units repeatedly resurrected themselves, requiring that I kill all of them in one turn. I did that, except I lost a horse archer, and it took all my leader's casting skills... which didn't help when afterwards I noticed the enemy disjuncted my Inspire Loyalty spell(which cuts troop maintenance in half) and thus couldn't immediately recast it. I think that the auto-resurrect is some global spell, but it wasn't on the list of active spells, so I couldn't disjunct it.

PRE-EDIT: Could have simply been the spell Resurrect being cast by their leader. Which is still bullshit since it only costs 20 casting points. Many spells at that cost don't have nearly as dramatic an effect. Not to mention, I killed one of their units via Banish - same 20CP cost, insta-kills units with "Summoned" or "Magical Origin" if resistance roll fails and prevents Resurrection/Resurgence if it dies, does 25 physical damage if resisted - and they were still resurrected(note: Banish was not resisted).

The other bullshit thing that happened was when the defenders of a city attacked my troops outside. I had held back on attacking since I couldn't get all my units in position around the city. However, when they attacked, it put the battle inside the city hex itself, meaning only two of my stacks were pulled into the battle, despite all three stacks being positioned so that if one was attacked, all three would join in. And not only that, but the enemy got their turn first(normally, defender goes first). It wasn't that I accidentally attacked, since I had no option to abort the attack, and I couldn't retreat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 1570