Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244490 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21630 on: July 19, 2019, 08:03:05 am »

I tried Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix, because I need something new and had read somewhere (I think this very thread) that it was horrifically, disgustingly violent.

Maybe I'm desensitized by decades of injecting Terminator and Mortal Kombat directly into my eyeballs, but it doesn't seem that bad.

Also it's actually really hard. There was a time when people actually thought that limited saves in single-player games were a good idea, mein Gott, the savages.

Soldier of Fortune 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21631 on: July 20, 2019, 03:34:33 pm »

Man, I don't remember it being this hard to avoid getting soldiers killed on normal mode in XCOM: Enemy Within.  I just hard to restart three separate times because a random sectiod got mind melded then immediately got a critical hit on someone at the edge of its range that one shot them.

The last time was totally my fault though.  Had an assault soldier run and gun after what I thought was the last alien only to uncover 4 more that were flanking him

Ugh, maybe I should give up on trying to beat it without any casualties.  I've come very close twice before, so I know I can do it, but this is getting ridiculous.  Maybe marathon mode isn't a good way to do this either.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21632 on: July 20, 2019, 04:23:36 pm »

[Not technically a death, but functionally close enough.]

Mid-day, at the riverside in a swampy region. The three colonists had just finished slapping together a rude wooden shack to contain their beds and kitchen, when they're alerted to the approach of a hostile member of a local tribe. The group's best shot (or, more accurately, the sole person who can reliably hit the broad side of a barn) heads to the perimeter alone. While the colonist only has a matchlock pistol and a knife, the tribal is armed with just a simple quarterstaff.

The first pistol ball delivers a harsh wound, but then the tribal chants holy words of protection - turns out they're a paladin. The next two bullets, along with a few clumsy knife stabs, all fail to penetrate a holy shield, while the tribal's quarterstaff efficiently knocks out the colonist. Up goes the colonist over his shoulder, and off they go into the sunset.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #21633 on: July 20, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »

The arctic air is brutal. Which is weird cuz the water is fine. Like, you can jump into the ocean to avoid freezing to death?

Subnautica: Below Zero
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21634 on: July 20, 2019, 05:37:59 pm »

Miscounted the days, ended up wasting a ton of crops when summer arrived. Jodi won't be getting that cauliflower until next year it seems.

Relationship event where you co-op a top-down arcade shooter with Abigail. She sucks at it. Granted, the only time *I* died during that was when she respawned inside me, preventing me from moving. Afterwards, she suggested I "knew my way around a joystick" with a cat smiley. That may be true but she could probably use some practice pressing buttons. I can help with that.

The arctic air is brutal. Which is weird cuz the water is fine. Like, you can jump into the ocean to avoid freezing to death?

Subnautica: Below Zero

Given that the (assumed) same suit also protects from water pressures that can crush a submarine not properly reinforced, it's best not to think about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21635 on: July 21, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »

Yes, you can do that in certain situations. I don't know the science behind it, but in arctic regions the air is usually colder than the water. The water is still freezing of course, but noticeably less so.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21636 on: July 21, 2019, 04:36:29 pm »

Yes, you can do that in certain situations. I don't know the science behind it, but in arctic regions the air is usually colder than the water. The water is still freezing of course, but noticeably less so.

Liquids become slightly warmer when turning solid, so freezing water won't get below the freezing point before it's completely turned to ice.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21637 on: July 21, 2019, 09:16:26 pm »

Water is presumably absorbing the energy from the sun, while the air is a poor conductor of heat. This is why your eyes don’t cook when you open the oven and get hit by the air being several hundred degrees worth of your chosen temperature measurement.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21638 on: July 22, 2019, 09:06:55 am »

Fell down a hole. Worst part is I knew that hole was there, but I fell in anyway.

Got lost walking between my camp site and where I was building a more permanent structure. The fog rolling in didn't help, either. Jumped into a pond to drown and respawn back at my camp.

Spawned in the fortress I was working on. Everything starts falling apart. Took a several minutes and some mostly unnecessary revisions to the engine room to realize I had spawned it in too high and the engines couldn't take it.

A few minutes later, it happened again. Took several more minutes to realize the AI I had just added was flying it back up, and I had to fix that.

Also, I have to fix some of the guns as they... kinda point at other parts of the fortress.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21639 on: July 22, 2019, 09:18:22 am »

Someone knows this exists! I should get back to it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21640 on: July 22, 2019, 10:44:53 am »

I found more worms. With bad dodging or a misclick they can easily do 50+ damage in a single attack. I can deal with them, but when I rest and come back there always seems to be another pair of worms waiting for me. I don't know if the game wants me to be really good at the real-time aspect at this moment, or if I'm missing a spell or puzzle solution that would make this section easier.

Dungeon Master.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #21641 on: July 22, 2019, 11:23:32 am »

she respawned inside me

She what?

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21642 on: July 22, 2019, 11:31:28 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:46:51 am by catacombs »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21643 on: July 22, 2019, 04:25:58 pm »

Sometimes they go into a room, and they shut the door behind them.  Then they lock the door with at least three different locks . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21644 on: July 23, 2019, 04:24:49 pm »

Sometimes they forget the locks. Sometimes children are traumatized for life.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 [1443] 1444 1445 ... 1570