Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244561 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21675 on: July 30, 2019, 11:29:11 am »

Why didn't you tell me that 25 years ago?!? :D

Because UFOpaedia wasn't even a thing until, like, 2005.

Also I was 5 at the time, and busy being stupid.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: July 30, 2019, 11:30:35 am »

Hmpf. Ok, excuse accepted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21677 on: July 30, 2019, 06:03:21 pm »

Since Daggerfall Unity is apparently feature-complete with "vanilla" Daggerfall, I decided to finally buckle down and beat it for like the millionth time.

Each of the five characters I created, both custom and built-in classes, were horribly crippled in some way. It turns out the "Increased Magery" advantage is less of an advantage and more a requirement for any spellcasting class.

Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21678 on: July 30, 2019, 07:02:54 pm »

Since Daggerfall Unity is apparently feature-complete with "vanilla" Daggerfall, I decided to finally buckle down and beat it for like the millionth time.

Each of the five characters I created, both custom and built-in classes, were horribly crippled in some way. It turns out the "Increased Magery" advantage is less of an advantage and more a requirement for any spellcasting class.

Daggerfall.

1) They're done enough for it to be playable? Cool.
2) I think Daggerfall came out when they expected some level of min-maxing, or they player failing a lot.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21679 on: July 30, 2019, 07:25:48 pm »

Yea, you had better take increased magicka if you want to do more than pass aggressive gas at your foes.

All I ever really used magicka for effectively without it is stuff like stamina restoration.  Minor things like maybeeee teleport and waterwalking.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: July 30, 2019, 07:26:02 pm »

All RPG's of that era had some kind of sort-of-intentional roguelike aspect to them, for sure.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: July 31, 2019, 12:23:14 am »

I got out of Privateer's Hold, having finally settled on a spellsword-esque custom class that I like. I figured it would be safe enough to accept a quest without saving.

Nope. It turns out that the questgiver was "My mortal enemy, Morgavor!" who teleported me to a dungeon. I opened a door and a Warrior hit me for my entire health bar.

Daggerfall.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21682 on: July 31, 2019, 12:52:42 am »

Trying out "The Hero" with some skirmishes with my friend.  I'm offstage clearly this is the best time to experiment with spells.  I have not played much dragon quest so I doono what these spells do.

I cast Kaklang because that sounds powerful.  I drop like a rock. RIP   

Smash Bros Ultimate
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hotfire90

« Reply #21683 on: July 31, 2019, 09:43:21 am »

Entered a black hole and ended up right next to Blazer, who greeted me with a missile as I was exiting the black hole.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21684 on: July 31, 2019, 12:00:28 pm »

Entered a black hole and ended up right next to Blazer, who greeted me with a missile as I was exiting the black hole.

Glad to see a fellow person of culture here!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: August 01, 2019, 01:34:23 pm »

After flawlessly slaughtering dozens of enemies, the game decided it was done letting me hit things. Since I was out of spell points, I flailed uselessly at an imp as it depleted my entire health bar. I didn't get a single hit in.

Daggerfall.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21686 on: August 01, 2019, 04:31:51 pm »

Imps require silver or better to actually damage. It's also supposed to display a message informing you of your sub-par weapon material as you strike.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: August 01, 2019, 06:19:58 pm »

Nah, I always get the ebony dagger from character creation just to get around that. I was just having terrible rolls.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: August 02, 2019, 08:12:22 am »

Lost an XCOM base defense rookie during the last turn of the base defense, after she and the other rookies killed multiple aliens, including a muton, cyberdisc and chryssalid.  A mechtoid ran in from outside of vision range, pulled up behind a truck so that it was out of line of sight, and then proceeded to blast her despite that, the fact that she was elevated and behind cover.  Eh, oh well, she was just one of the defense personnel and not one of the normal soldiers.

Funny thing is that she actually earned a promotion during the battle for killing something.  I assume that's meaningless since I don't think they get added to your roster, but it was still a shame for her to get plasma cannoned after that.

XCOM: Enemy Within.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: August 02, 2019, 10:13:15 am »

Finally got around to playing Sorcery 4. Why the hell they switched intro music to this garbage in the PC version!?
Also, if someone else there played this. Without spoilers, if possible, i want to see that jello-thick plot all by myself:
By the way, my two years forcibly cloud save apparently still survives somehow (at least from 3 to 4, and i couldn't remember where the hell i got full hp(?) at the end of 3) and is even transferrable to PC version. Code is DYMOJU, if someone is interested.  :P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:18:28 am by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 1570