Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244855 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21690 on: August 02, 2019, 10:18:36 am »

Nah, I always get the ebony dagger from character creation just to get around that. I was just having terrible rolls.

When I wanted to get around materials I a basic open spell. You should have a full set of daedric (or whatever end-game quality is) after a few nights. Or stop whenever you're comfortable.

Magic was not well balanced in that game.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21691 on: August 02, 2019, 02:42:38 pm »

You can also have FISTS of PUNCHING EVERYTHING, because that makes sense.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21692 on: August 02, 2019, 04:37:00 pm »

Got wasted by a red slime. Thing just would not die. It might have been a super slime(noted by the star-shaped pom-pom), but I couldn't tell. It shanked me from behind as I tried to run and eat some hops to heal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21693 on: August 03, 2019, 01:46:11 pm »

The mage's guild wants lich dust. I explore the entire left branch of the dungeon before finding it in the right side, sleeping liberally to restore spell points. I emerge from the dungeon and check my spell book to find out the time limit was 10 days. I arrive in Ripmarket to a message telling me I was too late.

I still made it by reloading and fast-travelling recklessly; good thing I always make plenty of saves.

Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21694 on: August 04, 2019, 04:06:42 pm »

Got stuck in dialogue mode while both an Elder Dragon and Ancient Dragon melted my face off.

Also, after reloading the save, trying to fight both an Elder Dragon and Ancient Dragon. Because, you know, two very high-leveled dragons.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21695 on: August 04, 2019, 04:56:03 pm »

I met a werewolf in Ripmarket while waiting for the fighter's guild to open. For some reason, I thought monsters in town at night was just an Arena thing.

Daggerfall.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21696 on: August 04, 2019, 05:34:41 pm »

I met a werewolf in Ripmarket while waiting for the fighter's guild to open. For some reason, I thought monsters in town at night was just an Arena thing.

Daggerfall.

You didn't stop to wonder why they called it "Ripmarket"?

Did he have a Chinese menu in his hand?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21697 on: August 06, 2019, 09:53:38 pm »

I reached level fifteen while (sigh) closing yet another Oblivion Gate. Apparently, this means that dremora can now summon daedroth. This is Bad News.

Oblivion.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21698 on: August 06, 2019, 10:08:17 pm »

Say, do you like trucks with teeth?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21699 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:36 am »

I thought the optimal way to play oblivion was to never level up
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21700 on: August 07, 2019, 04:20:56 am »

• Paralysis spell, 1s duration.
  • ???
  • Giggle.

Also, "Cor blimey guv'na! Looks loik anuffa 'Blivion gate!"

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21701 on: August 07, 2019, 07:52:53 am »

And that is best achieved by leaving it uninstalled?

For my own death: just attrition. I spread my gals a bit thin opening up a new base, and took too many injuries during a mission. A Doom base defense hit, and I won with 4 uninjured gals. Now I've got a mutant pogram I have to go on, a help the Lok'Naars (which is negative points if I don't go also), and a human mage mission I want to go on for the hostage. I do have the second base (building a third) with the old aircar at it, but that base also no longer has back-up if anyone gets injured. The pogrom will be fun as well, as it looks like I'm having to go during daylight.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:05:02 am by Iduno »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21702 on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:26 am »

Walked off a cliff in the dark, trying to reach a lit area powered by a generator.

I was thinking that the goal of the puzzle was to walk slowly and just pull myself back up if I fell off and Banjo grabbed the ledge, but that was not how it worked.  I realized after that death that Jamjars had just taught me to use flaming eggs, and sure enough, shooting them acted as torches that lit up the path to use.

Banjo-Tooie.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21703 on: August 07, 2019, 02:50:54 pm »

Couldn't finish the tutorial, because of the screen where you select a pantheon is inaccessible(you can scroll the list, but not pick any options or close it) if you have a unit selected, and you can't deselect the unit because the game forces control focus onto the religion screen until you pick a pantheon. And the game also auto-selects an idle/freshly created unit at the start of a turn, so there was no way to avoid that situation.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21704 on: August 08, 2019, 12:33:19 am »

It totally is. The game's scaling is super aggressive and a huge pain in the ass, and one of the worst parts of the game (hey, you're level 25, now all the bandits have enchanted glass armor, the scamps are turned into high level daedra and the mudcrabs are land Dreughs!).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1570