Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2263546 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21705 on: August 08, 2019, 01:33:31 am »

I thought the optimal way to play oblivion was to never level up
It totally is. The game's scaling is super aggressive and a huge pain in the ass, and one of the worst parts of the game (hey, you're level 25, now all the bandits have enchanted glass armor, the scamps are turned into high level daedra and the mudcrabs are land Dreughs!).

"What's that? You didn't optimize your build and character class in the most ass-backwards illogical fashion possible? Here, have a +2 permanent stat increase instead of the +5 you could've gotten! No take-backs!"

Yeah, Oblivion was... Weird. First TES game I owned myself. I don't think it's the best in the series, to put it that way.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: August 08, 2019, 01:30:24 pm »

I tried Fort Hagen again because I really want the stupid vertibird grenades. Boss fights are a bastard on Survival, but I knew there was a Fat Man and single mini nuke in the armory.

Kellogg proceeded to laugh at my stupid party popper and blow my head off in one shot.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: August 09, 2019, 09:12:11 am »

Killed by a giant inflatable dinosaur.

The flying controls are a little more responsive in this game than the original, but this was still a surprisingly hard fight.

Banjo-Tooie.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: August 09, 2019, 04:54:47 pm »

Got involved in a long, drawn-out war with Gilgamesh, which he declared for no reason. While I've been technically winning, it's mostly been just me very ineffectually besieging his capital. Infantry can't do jack to city walls, and a city's defensive fire does some pretty heavy damage to catapults, rendering catapults quite useless at their very specific role.

I've also ignored his pleas for peace the last twenty times he's demanded it. I believed I'd be able to grind him down once I get a couple of more catapults deployed, but now he's just spamming horsemen that are running roughshod over my legions. I don't know how he's paying for them, since I see his income every time he whines for peace - he's only got about 100 gold and +2 gold per turn.

Worst part is, I've been so focused on breaking down the walls of Uruk that I've been neglecting the rest of my empire. Doesn't help that Brazil managed to reach the industrial age around 1100AD. I'm still in the Renaissance, and Sumeria is still in the ancient age.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:51 pm »

I don't know how he's paying for them, since I see his income every time he whines for peace - he's only got about 100 gold and +2 gold per turn.

On difficulties higher than prince, the civilization AI begins to cheat. That's one of the reasons why people aren't that big of a fan of this game. The AI is too dumb to put up a proper challenge.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: August 10, 2019, 05:36:45 am »

I don't know how he's paying for them, since I see his income every time he whines for peace - he's only got about 100 gold and +2 gold per turn.

On difficulties higher than prince, the civilization AI begins to cheat. That's one of the reasons why people aren't that big of a fan of this game. The AI is too dumb to put up a proper challenge.

I'm playing on warlord difficulty, one lower than prince.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: August 10, 2019, 09:15:47 am »

Reinstalled Dead Cells. Got to Clocktower on first actual run.
On + side, first boss appears to no longer have this absurd practically unavoidable red aura attack.
On - side, map generator still appears to be very fond of putting key items behinds the paths they open without ever acknowledging it, forcing you to restart the game. Just why on earth? Muh artistic vision?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: August 10, 2019, 07:18:47 pm »

DS 2 SotfS. Pathes available:
1. Executioner's charriot - path to it already gave me PTSD.
2. Ruin sentinels - fuck them.
3. Blighttown 2 - nope.
4. Earthen peak - hey, first part was a cakewalk back then! I'll go there!
I go out of the bonfire room near castle proper. I see a ton of fireballs falling on me. I run into the castle. I get one-shot by another bunch of fireballs.
FfffffuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
It was a cakewalk indeed, and they have noticed this. As if two completely unavoidable 100% one-shotting mages blocking the path to boss were not enough, they put 100% one-shotting "artillery" all over the place.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: August 10, 2019, 08:48:18 pm »

In order to hack it thus far in Survival Mode, I've been relying on a few cheap tricks: a high Rifleman perk, 2x damage from sneak attacks, and a legendary "Instigating" sniper rifle (does double damage if target is at full health.) With a headshot I can easily one-shot a majority of legendary enemies.

This strategy does not work if said legendary is waiting for me outside of an elevator and begins firing the instant the door opens.

I really should retrieve my power armor and start using it more often.

Fallout 4.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: August 11, 2019, 08:19:38 am »

Driving around the parking lot for Panessa Studios, trying to figure out how to get the Batmobile onto the roof to activate a scanner path for a Riddler Trophy, when the Batmobile just suddenly exploded. No idea how, but it came with a game-over scene of Alfred saying my sacrifice will be remembered, which I've never seen before.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: August 11, 2019, 01:06:57 pm »

Driving around the parking lot for Panessa Studios, trying to figure out how to get the Batmobile onto the roof to activate a scanner path for a Riddler Trophy, when the Batmobile just suddenly exploded. No idea how, but it came with a game-over scene of Alfred saying my sacrifice will be remembered, which I've never seen before.

Allahu Batcar

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:57 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:49:19 am by catacombs »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:27 pm »

The AI always cheats as far as I know. It just cheats harder on higher difficulty. Cheating AI is easier than actual AI that thinks (or even appears to).

Thread-related: I set down my x-piratez crew in a prepper (doomsday preppers about 300 years after doomsday) mission. They love grenades, and 4 of my 6 gals got hit after the first round out of the aircar. Luckily, 2 were already down from a machine gunner.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:04:26 pm by Iduno »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:46 am »

Smacked a bomb squig with my chainsword.

It's been a long time since I played this game, but I'd forgotten both how fun it was to stomp ork heads for health and how the game actually does a pretty good job of making you feel like a big dang hero to the guardsmen who are scattered around.

That death was also the first place I died the last time I played the game, if I recall, which was in the ordnance room of the armorium where Leandros tries to push the shell back onto the loader while you're being mobbed by orkz.  I actually died here 3 times in my current play through, twice to bomb squigs and once to just getting mobbed because I kept spamming the stun button instead of the execute button and couldn't figure out why I wasn't regaining health.  The controls are a little fiddly on PC.

Space Marine.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:14:28 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:22 am »

Space Marine was awesome. It's a shame that we probably won't ever see a sequel.

Since my Fallout 4 survival game is glitched and permanently softlocked as far as I can tell, I redoubled my efforts in Daggerfall. Princess Morgiah sends me to Scourg Barrow to deliver a letter. I have all kinds of spells and enchants, should be a piece of cake.

The second room I enter has two Flesh Atronachs. I die without hitting them once.

TES 2: Daggerfall.
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1571