Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 [1451] 1452 1453 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244784 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21750 on: August 22, 2019, 06:34:08 pm »

I'm 21 years old, almost 7 feet tall, weigh 14(!) pounds
How the hell does he weight 14 pounds?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21751 on: August 22, 2019, 06:53:39 pm »

I may have misunderstood how some of the tables work in conjunction with each other, but the height/weight modifier table went as low as 0lb to 999+, so 14lb should be possible.

Edit: I went back to the site that had the handbook... evidently 2nd edition somehow removed the weight table, so it was available separately. I'm actually about 150lb, which is more reasonable. If somewhat less funny.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:06:33 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21752 on: August 22, 2019, 07:30:03 pm »

He got the point!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And he proved it by not drawing last two cards.  :P
MTG Arena. Umm... do i need to explain hilarity that is going on there?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:32:09 pm by MCreeper »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21753 on: August 22, 2019, 09:00:24 pm »

There are radiation manipulations (AKA mutations) that can make you lose a lot of weight.
It's definitely possible, though your weight will still be a multiple of your height somehow. Even if that multiple is 1/2^x.

I may have misunderstood how some of the tables work in conjunction with each other, but the height/weight modifier table went as low as 0lb to 999+, so 14lb should be possible.

Edit: I went back to the site that had the handbook... evidently 2nd edition somehow removed the weight table, so it was available separately. I'm actually about 150lb, which is more reasonable. If somewhat less funny.
Know what else it's missing? Any of the "cross mutations" listed by some of the radiation manipulations, any rules or item descriptions for cybernetics or implants, parts of the firearms table, and any semblance of sanity.

Have you gotten to the point where you need to haggle with the GM over your equipment, and the use of the haggling skill before your character is even in the world earns you some more experience points?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21754 on: August 22, 2019, 10:15:22 pm »

Know what else it's missing? Any of the "cross mutations" listed by some of the radiation manipulations, any rules or item descriptions for cybernetics or implants, parts of the firearms table, and any semblance of sanity.

Have you gotten to the point where you need to haggle with the GM over your equipment, and the use of the haggling skill before your character is even in the world earns you some more experience points?

I saw that mentioned and thought it was a pretty cool touch (conceptually), but since I was doing it by myself just for fun to see what kind of a warped character I'd end up with, I skipped over skill allocation and the haggling. My highlight of character development was rolling 787 on my final mutation roll-- Double the Fun, which doubles the amount of mutations you have. (Wheee~!)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21755 on: August 24, 2019, 12:13:02 am »

Died many times in the final fight before Nemeroth.  There was nowhere to stand that would let you recover, and 4 chaos marines shooting you plus heretic guardsmen flushing you out meant I died pretty fast on most attempts.  Funny that the bloodletters were the easiest part, with a meltagun shot or two doing them in.  I finally just grabbed the lascannon on the next attempt and sniped a few of the chaos marines, which made it beatable.

Died a lot right before that by getting stuck on obstacles and getting shot while trying to get into cover.  The funniest moment was probably getting plasma cannoned while trying to get into cover, only to flail like an idiot while trying to walk over Sidonus's body.

Space Marine.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21756 on: August 24, 2019, 11:38:12 pm »

Trying out Survival Mode for the first time. I'm not gonna do any Minutemen quests, I'm primarily just gonna use a combat knife and explosives. Sneak attacks are pretty much the only thing I've got going for me.

My level 5 character is currently flimsy enough to die to an attack dog in 1 hit. I've done a grand total of 1 quest, and am currently just making my way south hoping to find a bed to sleep in, as well as enough food and water to keep me going.

As far as my actual deaths, I've died so many times to enemy gunfire, blood bugs, the aforementioned attack dog, and molotovs. Survival mode is hard.

Fallout 4
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21757 on: August 25, 2019, 04:34:36 am »

MTG shenanigans
Just realized that i posted this in wrong thread. Eh, explanation:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:36:23 am by MCreeper »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21758 on: August 25, 2019, 05:11:38 am »

Earlier in the game I had to do a mission to use stealth to steal box from a military base, and after I completed that I was later given another mission to steal some papers from another military base, so I try to sneak in and get found and killed almost immediately so I try again and again until I realize that it doesn't matter if I fail to sneak in like it did in the other one, so I say fuck it and kill everyone there and take the stupid ass papers, the award for completion was not worth the bullshit and the amount of time wasted trying to get that shit.

I think I died at least thirty times trying to do that damn mission, I hope they choke on those stupid ass papers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21759 on: August 25, 2019, 07:25:09 am »

Tried to dig straight down to the core area of an ocean world, intending to use the column of water to easily ascend back up to beam-out depth. The planet had tungsten, which I needed lots of for a construction project.

Punched into a luminous cave biome, which features pools of poison. Ended up turning the entire underground cave system into a toxic mess as the water that flows into the cave system converts to poison faster than I can remove it.

EDIT: Another ocean world with its entire underground turned into an uninhabitable toxic wasteland. This time I hit a flesh biome going down, which also features poison water. And it doesn't help that I died near the core(somehow, I had full HP but one 30HP hit instakilled me), so I had to dive back through the poison without any recovery items(they dropped on death), somehow managed to make it back to my stuff with single digit hitpoints, then go back up.

Also learned that ocean worlds have titanium, not tungsten, in large amounts near the core. I did find tungsten inside a desert world.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:42:23 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21760 on: August 26, 2019, 12:28:53 pm »

Run over by a laughing animated flame while trying to climb a spiraling pathway.  It was at least amusing to see Banjo sitting in the nearby lava and crying.

I realized after this that I had to climb said spiraling pathway as just Kazooie, and almost died again because jumping over them is very difficult and I had to kind of just cheese the physics by hugging the inner part of the pathway where their collision didn't register against me.

Banjo-Tooie.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21761 on: August 26, 2019, 01:00:32 pm »

Also learned that ocean worlds have titanium, not tungsten, in large amounts near the core. I did find tungsten inside a desert world.

This whole story is hilarious, and sounds like the kind of thing I would do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21762 on: August 26, 2019, 06:11:51 pm »

Attempt at making a sushi roll failed largely due to not being able to find a knife sharp enough to cut through the seaweed. To be fair, this particular sheet of nori was unusually tough; normally they tend to split apart while rolling it.

Also while eating it, a hard grain of rice got chewed into a cracked molar.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21763 on: August 27, 2019, 09:29:50 am »

Sectoid with a plasma gun shot my soldier and killed him a single hit.  Not unexpected, and to be fair one of his buddies shot him in the back somehow while aiming up into the barn loft at said sectoid so he was going to die anyway due to my lack of medikits and the fatal wound he suffered.

At least I got the sectoid back with what I think was a cannon of some kind.  It was my first mission so I've got a lot of learning to do.

X-COM classic, running in Open X-COM.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21764 on: August 27, 2019, 11:28:10 am »

The starting grenade launcher is so cool.

and really helps highlight how under prepared humanity is for the aliens.  It's like nuking Germany just to kill Hitler
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 [1451] 1452 1453 ... 1570