Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244755 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21825 on: September 24, 2019, 08:47:38 pm »

Started playing Saints Row 2 again, this time (like all times) with the Gentlemen of the Row Mod.

Got reminded of why I stopped when the game crashed when I tried to start an activity, and realized that I wasn't willing to switch to windowed mode, fiddle around with the SR2 Powertools, and make a sacrifice of my own blood in order to get the game to run properly.

Still debating whether to do all that, but I think I might. The opportunity to throw trashcans at weebs is too tempting to pass up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21826 on: September 24, 2019, 09:08:47 pm »

Slapped off a mountain by a flaming hand and landed in lava.

Banjo-Tooie.  I've probably died more in Hailfire Peaks than the other levels combined.  Sometimes intentionally since it was faster than running back to where I needed to go, and once because I got stuck beneath a comatose baby alien somehow and had to kill myself with grenade eggs...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21827 on: September 24, 2019, 09:13:35 pm »

Can't seem to figure out how to get Raikov's clothes. He seems to show up as soon as there's any kind of disturbance, which makes it very difficult to eliminate all the guards. Just when I think I've taken out all the guards it turns out there's one more just rounding the corner, ready to ruin my entire day.

I really, really wish you could just use CQC in the scientist disguise.

Metal Gear Solid 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21828 on: September 25, 2019, 04:49:44 am »

Just wait until a guard is alone, take off the disguise, then CQC? Use distractions like wall-knocks to separate guards as well. Also, sleep-weapons that you can use in disguise(Handkerchief, Cigs) are available if you look for them, these should insta-drop anyone in range of their effect.

If I remember correctly, Raikov's patrol path does take him into the locker room on the second floor, and there shouldn't be any guards in there. If not there, at least the adjoining break room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21829 on: September 25, 2019, 03:23:52 pm »

I don't think I used the scientist disguise. I just stealthed everyone.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21830 on: September 25, 2019, 07:33:32 pm »

I think you can put him in the bathroom on the ground floor too, but it’s been a while since I played.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21831 on: September 26, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »

Facepalm moment. Got a mission: deliver 150 processors to a station. Payoff is 2.7 million credits. Just so happens that in my starting territory on the opposite side of the galaxy(there was a wormhole) there was a processor factory. I take the trip there... only to realize that I can only afford 15 of the processors I need. And the mission has a 30-minute time limit, so grinding up some extra cash is probably out of the question.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21832 on: September 28, 2019, 12:22:56 am »

You're probably past that part already, but I usually wait for Raikov to go into the room at the top of the stairs, then gas him with the knockout cigarettes from the Granin institute. I think he always does this immediately after leaving the library at the bottom of the stairs, and if you're on the first cycle of his route then nobody will walk in on you as you drag him to the locker room. If you don't have the cigarettes, you can also use the awkward handkerchief shooting attack or just swap out of the disguise, choke him out, and then put it back on just in case.

anyway back to my self-imposed exile. good luck with snake eater
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21833 on: September 28, 2019, 02:20:16 pm »

Just death.
Spoilery death.
Stygian: Reign of the dark ones. Mostly great so far.  :P
EDIT: Skimmed trough reviews... In addition to slowpoke combat - all-save-breaking bugs, busted mid-story ending, great story while it lasts, fine everything else... Yep, all the things we like proper cultic games for.  ::) Hopefully in 5 years someone will make a fanpatch that restores cut content and fixes bugs.  And speeds up combat by 100%, this is crazy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:38:52 am by MCreeper »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21834 on: September 29, 2019, 05:23:12 pm »

I am the commander of this outpost in the tundra, a bustling bastion against the ravages of cold was founded by a scant 80 stalwart individuals. I am the sole arbiter of light and warmth in this eternally frozen landscape. But I am kind and merciful; just see what my propaganda mills are reporting. Hundreds of refugees are flocking to my town because there is warm soup for all and medical facilities as far as the eye can see.

And after taking in all these poor souls seeking a better place, we have weathered the storm and I am prepared to lead them into a glorious future. All 87 of them.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21835 on: September 29, 2019, 07:47:48 pm »

Decided randomly to fire this up after the most recent update. It looks much better since I last played it.

Also good to know is that enemies can still tank a headshot from a rifle, then snipe you - and the rest of your troops but mostly just you - from over 100m, with what sounded like a pistol, whilst you are prone and decently camouflaged.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21836 on: October 03, 2019, 04:26:39 am »

I was 2 damage points short of killing the 2nd boss and had no defences or hp to tank his attack. Yay...

Slay the Spire, Ironclad vs The Collector, Ascension 18

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21837 on: October 03, 2019, 09:53:38 am »

Re-installed the game for the first time in ages and started up a mercenary company.
Things were going reasonably well for a while, though my leadership skills were certainly somewhat rusty, but then I bit off far, far more than we could chew by attacking a necromancer's hideout in the hopes of gaining some renown. Long story short, I'd forgotten the best strategies for taking on necromancers and their undead lackeys, and we were swarmed and butchered since I hadn't sent enough skirmishers around the flanks after the necromancer himself.

I thought that was game over and wasn't overly upset, I'd been planning on getting the DLC and starting a new game anyhow - but then I thought, "hang on, didn't I have 13 men in my company?"
Sure enough, there was one fella left, presumably encamped just next to the scene of the battle/massacre, guarding our gear and listening to the gruesome sounds of his former comrades being feasted on. It cannot have been a pleasant time. When no-one came back, he gathered the stuff and fled.

To his credit, though, this one guy - Guido the tramp - decided to stick with the mercenary life despite this having been the first battle the company had seen since he joined. He wandered back to the nearest village, used the group's remaining funds (they'd been running a bit low already) to procure the services of a few more nobodies like himself (equipping them with the dregs of leftover gear nobody had been using) and set off again, managing to find another job.

So I mean, the show goes on. For now.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21838 on: October 05, 2019, 04:54:53 pm »

Got wiped in less than 10 seconds. Against an Esthar Soldier, Esthar Soldier(cyborg version), and a Gesper. Right at the start, the cyborg soldier casts Death. Then the Gesper uses Degenerator, then the cyborg casts Death again. All three party members instantly dead.

My last save was well before the previous boss, which took awhile since it was very weak yet I could draw Flare from it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21839 on: October 05, 2019, 11:13:55 pm »

I'm stuck on The Boss, and kinda feeling "fuck this game" again.

With the exception of The End, the bosses in this game are all bullshit. Not because they're hard to avoid, or do a lot of damage at once, or have a lot of health or hard-to-dodge attacks. It's because they're invincible 90% of the time, and there's never any indication if you're doing it right or just wasting your time.

I find it extremely hard to believe that MGS3 is anybody's favorite. There's no denying it's a good game but it's no better than MGS2 and actually falls short in a lot of ways IMO.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 1570