Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2238895 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21870 on: October 10, 2019, 12:21:39 pm »

Saw a bad dude. Knew dude was bad, so tried to hedge my bets and tunneled through the wall with my insta-death double chainsaw wand, coming out the other end right where the bad dude's head was located.

Bad dude spun around and got a shot off before he died. It penetrated my shield. I was blinded for several seconds. Watched in horror as a couple otherwise nonthreatening dudes showed up and proceeded to execute my helpless, fumbling self.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*weeping noises*

It's particularly bad seeing as this game doesn't have persistent unlocks/progression, sooo... That run's as good as one that dies in the starting cave, as far as the game's concerned.

Fuckin' Noita.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21871 on: October 10, 2019, 12:30:39 pm »

Best part is you seem to have been offed by robotnik's cousin or something. At least you were murdered by a decent pedigree.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21872 on: October 10, 2019, 02:28:35 pm »

Dude, you were offed by a Badnik.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21873 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:24 pm »

some lowlvl dude wrecked me with an electric knife while finishing to clear some underground tunnels near the starting location

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:48 pm »

I became suicidally incandescent.

Spoiler: just the game name (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actual game spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21875 on: October 10, 2019, 11:42:04 pm »

I became suicidally incandescent.

Spoiler: just the game name (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actual game spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get explosion immunity and then dig yourself back up to the surface. Then watch as your character slowly digs them self to the bottom of the earth (these mini-explosions dig ground right?)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21876 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:27 pm »

Get finished burning some bugs attacking a distant iron mine, repair the damage, and get ready to move on. Then I get an alert that my copper mines(which are still located at my start point) are getting nommed. Where the hell they came from I cannot fathom. The only direction that they could have come from and not run into a gun turret or radar station(which they prioritize if they encounter) has no nests whatsoever in the narrow bit of land before it hits an ocean. And even then, they'd likely run into something else to prioritize.

I clear those bugs out, replace the damage, then I get in my tank and spend half an hour bombing the hell out of whatever nests I have in scanner range. I drive back to the factory, start planning where to start constructing a nuclear reactor...

I get an alert that my uranium mines are getting nommed.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: October 15, 2019, 10:26:00 pm »

I don't want to walk all through the ironworks again, so I try to slide down from the roof on some random pipes and things. I slip and die, although thankfully I had the presence of mind to save just after the boss.

I wish you could play Pip-Boy games to pass the time on long vertibird rides.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: October 16, 2019, 05:54:16 am »

*Starts my very first Zunbils game*

"Oh hey, I've gotten a great oldest son, and I don't even have to kill the other sons of mine! I just need to kick the bucket as soon as possible, and the world's gonna be my oyster from that moment!"

*Succession happens, some vassals are unhappy and declare revolt*

"Eh, I'll deal with 'em! I just need to bait them into mountains!"

*Buddhist zealots rise up in Kabul, my capital*

"Nevermind, time to start again!"

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: October 16, 2019, 09:31:43 am »

*Starts my very first Zunbils game*

"Oh hey, I've gotten a great oldest son, and I don't even have to kill the other sons of mine! I just need to kick the bucket as soon as possible, and the world's gonna be my oyster from that moment!"

*Succession happens, some vassals are unhappy and declare revolt*

"Eh, I'll deal with 'em! I just need to bait them into mountains!"

*Buddhist zealots rise up in Kabul, my capital*

"Nevermind, time to start again!"

Reminds me of my game of CK2 where my superhuman heir got murdered by the son with all of the negative traits shortly before I died, and the new heir got mobbed instantly. To be fair, if you want to take over, support the leader who you can defeat.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: October 16, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »

Misjudged the blast radius of a timed bomb, and got blown up.

I was even on Floor 5-3 and had just killed the Killer Robot, too...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: October 16, 2019, 08:47:56 pm »

I tried the newest Hitman elusive target (the African Warlord lady). No problem getting in, killing her, and leaving the scene unnoticed. I never found the safe I had a key to, though. Or where she hid the usb key I was supposed to steal. I killed half of the people in the hotel at one time or another trying to search everything and eventually getting caught about a half dozen times. I started just sniping everyone with a gun so I could try to search in peace, but that got them to all gang up on me and take me down.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: October 16, 2019, 09:27:32 pm »

I tried the newest Hitman elusive target (the African Warlord lady). No problem getting in, killing her, and leaving the scene unnoticed. I never found the safe I had a key to, though. Or where she hid the usb key I was supposed to steal. I killed half of the people in the hotel at one time or another trying to search everything and eventually getting caught about a half dozen times. I started just sniping everyone with a gun so I could try to search in peace, but that got them to all gang up on me and take me down.
USB key was in the security room, second floor, in the wing with the band people.

Got surrounded in the jungle, shoot off a nuke in panic. My explosive immunity kept me safe from the nuke, but didn't keep me safe from chunks of cavern roof. Death by cave-in, how very Bay12

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21883 on: October 16, 2019, 09:57:08 pm »

Finished Pilotwings on the Super Nintendo from start to finish without cheating, beyond one save state that was only there ‘cause I couldn’t be bothered remembering the password.

I apparently found the first, much easier
to be more challenging than the second, more difficult one.

I also made Big Al cry on expert mode, even if it was just from the Rocket belt mission. Got 90pts from skydiving though, ‘cause I’m apparently amazing.

Also, trying to land a plane in a massive crosswind on a tiny runway is quite challenging.

lol, wrong thread.

Consider the number of times I had to restart Flight Area 7 and 8 and the four or so attempts before I succeeded the final mission as the deaths.

Particularly the time I touched down the plane on the runway, bounced up ‘cause I was going too fast, turned, and consequently crashed ‘cause I touched down wing first after the rebound.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:06:54 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: October 17, 2019, 04:47:21 pm »

Particularly the time I touched down the plane on the runway, bounced up ‘cause I was going too fast, turned, and consequently crashed ‘cause I touched down wing first after the rebound.
Any landing you can walk away from is from the wrong game.
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1570