Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245001 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21915 on: October 29, 2019, 05:35:45 pm »

If they're unarmored then automatic weapons are hilariously OP in the first two Fallout games.  If they're armored you might as well spit at them for all the good it does.

The first two games after pretty hard.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21916 on: October 29, 2019, 05:41:23 pm »

Maybe my character is just horribly crippled and I haven't realised it yet, but Fallout 1 is way harder than I remember. Getting ambushed by a bunch of guys with knives and dying, while realistic, is not what I expected. I seem to remember the 10mm SMG turning crowds into hamburger with very little effort.

You might want to look up the 2 armor values and how they work. One is straight damage resist and one blocks damage another way.

Also, yeah they're pretty tough.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21917 on: October 30, 2019, 04:04:23 am »

I killed off some of my wives to marry my daughters, then I've realized that my Court Physician chopped off my dick to heal Flu, so I can't have Daughter-Wifes.

Crusader Kings 2
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21918 on: October 30, 2019, 06:32:08 am »

Last time I remember, you already couldn’t marry your daughters. The only exception was when one of them was your bastard and you managed to keep it a secret.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21919 on: October 30, 2019, 06:41:19 am »

Wouldn’t that be possible with the incesty religions?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21920 on: October 30, 2019, 07:57:13 am »

Last time I remember, you already couldn’t marry your daughters. The only exception was when one of them was your bastard and you managed to keep it a secret.

Yeah, but Paradox has been listening to what their customers want.

Edit: And my most recent deaths show me it's been too long since I played roguelikes, both in Dungeonmans. At least too long to play a semi-squishy mage. First death was when I walked into a room to find the last enemy that I knew was there. I succeeded, but got killed when I walked through the door. The second death was less preventable: I didn't have my shield up again (playing a mage), and a lizardman commander did have his speed buff up. Saw him round a corner, then saw him stab me.

I may have been able to survive the second situation if I'd have been able to find my first character's ghost. You don't need to fight ghosts in this game, but you do get their weapon with a unique (and random) enchantment added, plus a small boost added to your stats (around +1 to everything), and some of the non-equipment rare loot they had.

I've beaten this game with the first character at my academy once, and used to be able to get most/all of my characters to the point where their ghosts became teachers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:36:52 am by Iduno »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21921 on: October 30, 2019, 12:12:39 pm »

Let me tell you about Zun, The Giver of Justice...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21922 on: November 03, 2019, 08:49:32 am »

Apparently I'm one of the 65% of people who took a shipping crate to the face instead of the other guy.

In my defense, William had me in the middle of a fairly long grab animation, so there was no way I could have avoided it in time. The animation was one that triggers automatically without him trying to grab you first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21923 on: November 04, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »

Yeah, was Open X-COM.  I really have been contemplating just giving everyone laser rifles, and if I ever somehow start running low on heavy plasma ammo I may do that.  I read that flying suits are immune to laser pistols so I'm somewhat tempted to give everyone laser pistols so that mind control isn't dangerous to me, but I'm really not sure if laser pistols are strong enough to take on late game enemies.  I suspect it can be done, but would probably be arduous.  Even if sectopods are weak to laser damage, their armor is still probably strong enough to stop most of a laser pistol's damage even from the rear.
The only real problem with lasers is mutons.  If you’re like me and openxcon is the first time you got to oldcom later-game content, you’ll be unpleasantly surprised by how high all of mutons’ non-psi stats are.  Like “survive 3 plasma shots and then reaction the soldier to death” good.

They kept the basic matter over mind theme for mutons in newcom.  But they didn’t do justice to just how ridiculous they were.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21924 on: November 04, 2019, 12:45:03 pm »

Yeah, was Open X-COM.  I really have been contemplating just giving everyone laser rifles, and if I ever somehow start running low on heavy plasma ammo I may do that.  I read that flying suits are immune to laser pistols so I'm somewhat tempted to give everyone laser pistols so that mind control isn't dangerous to me, but I'm really not sure if laser pistols are strong enough to take on late game enemies.  I suspect it can be done, but would probably be arduous.  Even if sectopods are weak to laser damage, their armor is still probably strong enough to stop most of a laser pistol's damage even from the rear.
The only real problem with lasers is mutons.  If you’re like me and openxcon is the first time you got to oldcom later-game content, you’ll be unpleasantly surprised by how high all of mutons’ non-psi stats are.  Like “survive 3 plasma shots and then reaction the soldier to death” good.

They kept the basic matter over mind theme for mutons in newcom.  But they didn’t do justice to just how ridiculous they were.
Lobstermen.

*shudders*

Also, while each blast is a bit puny compared to its big brother rifle, the laser pistol is notable for being the only weapon that can perform 5 burst fires in one turn from full TU. Which is, like, big many shots.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21925 on: November 05, 2019, 02:48:49 am »

Playing quick matches in SSBU online.  Learning kirby since I know the basics of just about everyone why not put those skills to use eh?

Playing against a mario.  Beating him pretty good.  He ragequits.  Because he stands still on halo for awhile and then there is the massive lag spike that usually indicates someone left.  Ok no GSP for me I guess.

The CPU then proceeds to destroy me 6 ways to Sunday three stocking me and taking the game.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: November 05, 2019, 10:58:28 pm »

Playing Dungeonmans, I generated then entered a dungeon that looks like a differently-colored lizard pool, but was supposed to have bees and ninjas instead of lizards. That's annoying, but doable.

It was an old mine, with some mining explosives. Cool. I blew open a wall to find huge piles of enemies, with more constantly coming around the corners. It took long enough to clear that some more spawned while I was fighting. And they had better range than me, so they were wearing me down. I took down a few bosses, and even one Ancient King, but I was always surrounded. Worse, bees have a unit that gives them a short-duration buff that damages me for all of the damage they take, and I'm playing a mage with lots of AoE and beam damage.

The worst part is, I probably could have run away the second time I had to chug a healing potion.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21927 on: November 06, 2019, 01:06:02 am »

After a period of relative peace, my settlements have resumed yanking me around. I get a call to defend Somerville Place.

I arrive and find out what's causing the trouble: a friggin' sentry bot. A mob that's big enough to give me lots of trouble, even as I approach level 50 and have plenty of weapons and power armor to choose from.

It's okay though, a pack of high-level ghouls emerges from the countryside! They're hostile, but they quickly overwhelm the robot while I cower in the house.

Then the explosion from the sentry bot's death kills me through a window.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21928 on: November 06, 2019, 06:16:44 am »

Playing as the dreadfleet, wiped out the vampire coast and got into a fight with pretty much all of the lizards after a while, doing ok, moving my dudes into place to get rid of Xlanhupec when a cheeky Itza lizard comes out from the jungle sporting a very interesting army comp, three feral bastiladons, seven feral stegadons and five fucking carnosaurs. Noctilus and his doomstack are strong af but I don't really have much that can deal with that amount of angry fuckton of lizard. And this is on normal, what the fuck am I supposed to do against that except roll over and die as he slowly walks over my everything :I

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: November 06, 2019, 09:27:43 am »

Sounds like AI used the lizardmen rite that gives you an army of dinos.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 1570