Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244690 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21975 on: December 01, 2019, 09:23:10 am »

Quote from: itisnotlogical
To stop that stupid "Martin always dies" thing , there are some solutions there :
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5521967-martin-always-dies-defense-of-bruma/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: December 01, 2019, 05:28:20 pm »

When you die, then die again on the way back to your shade, you permanently lose all the money the first shade was carrying. Lost about 2000 Geo that way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: itisnotlogical
To stop that stupid "Martin always dies" thing , there are some solutions there :
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5521967-martin-always-dies-defense-of-bruma/

I've never really had a problem with that part. A dremora always spawning with a paralysis weapon sounds like bad luck with the loot table RNG - though if you kill it and steal it, paralysis-on-hit weapons are great.

As for protecting Martin, maybe level Alteration and Restoration a bit and get some touch buffs for him? Maybe also invest in a paralysis spell yourself? Even a 1-second effect still leads to several seconds of ragdolling.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: December 01, 2019, 05:44:19 pm »

Fell through the ground and died. Twice.

Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21978 on: December 02, 2019, 09:15:40 am »

Suffering a spectacular existence failure in my Scharnhorst after being stuck by sixteen stale baguettes at once.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:21 am »

I'm trying to get back into Caves of Qud again, so I'm playing as an axe turtle. I finally got up to the point where I can start tinkering stuff, which is good as my armor is falling behind where I need it to be to survive (despite maxing out carapace every chance I get). I learned that they fixed reinforce so it only works on chest items, which is where my shell is. I'll eventually be able to make serrated weapons and make everything wooly (unless they changed that as well), but lacking that extra defense is going to suck.

My current ruler lost a duel against his more skilled rival and died as a result, so his 12-year-old son inherited the realm with the man who hated his father as his regent. All was well for about a month, at which point he was taken out on a hunting trip and murdered, leaving his uncle with everything.

Crusader Kings 2. Pretty similar to my last post here, I think.

I think that's what finally killed CK2 for me. AI characters can just go and kill someone, where my min-maxed character has to spend half of the treasury and a few decades to fail. After seeing the same results enough times to know it isn't just dice rolls, it's obvious that the game doesn't want you to do anything interesting that I just can't make myself care.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: December 02, 2019, 10:47:47 am »

I was ruling Scotland, intent to turn it feudal. I had 3 unlanded sons and no land to give them, so no prestige for me.
But I already had maximal tribal organisation and was a month away from my stone hillfort being completed.

This is when a vassal decided to try to usurp me. I fought him, but he raised a tribal army (2500men, only tribal people can do it, costs 500 prestige). I could not call in tribal vassals to an internal war, had no money and no prestige. I lost the war and was deposed, delaying the establishment of feudalism.

After a few bloody months of rebelions, I tried to depose the king. I failed. Then I appointed him my heir and was executed the next day (That was sort of my plan). After moving my capital back to Gowrie, I established feudalism.

Then I got deposed, as that dropped my available levies to about half. Now I play as a countess and Scotland went through several more civil wars.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: December 03, 2019, 09:19:59 am »

Giving Ikit another go. Early game, whoop Gyula and move into Axlotl, spend a couple of turns reinforcing my starting army back up when Gyula pops back up from somewhere with some trash and four goddamn mortars. I don't feel like microing my shit to not die to the mortars so I just autoresolve and get a pyrrhic win, losing most of my army but wiping his out in the process. So I slink back to the Star Tower since I just upgraded the tractor beam thing and start building up some shooty stuff again. Not two turns pass when goddamn Gyula pops back up from somewhere sporting a cool army that consists of a single bloated corpse and 18 fucking hand bombers. Of course my army is only partly reinforced so I stand much of a chance.

That's one campaign done within like, ten turns :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: December 03, 2019, 03:57:56 pm »

I was ruling Scotland, intent to turn it feudal. I had 3 unlanded sons and no land to give them, so no prestige for me.
But I already had maximal tribal organisation and was a month away from my stone hillfort being completed.

This is when a vassal decided to try to usurp me. I fought him, but he raised a tribal army (2500men, only tribal people can do it, costs 500 prestige). I could not call in tribal vassals to an internal war, had no money and no prestige. I lost the war and was deposed, delaying the establishment of feudalism.

After a few bloody months of rebelions, I tried to depose the king. I failed. Then I appointed him my heir and was executed the next day (That was sort of my plan). After moving my capital back to Gowrie, I established feudalism.

Then I got deposed, as that dropped my available levies to about half. Now I play as a countess and Scotland went through several more civil wars.

With Legacy of Rome, tribals can purchase retinues with Prestige instead of pulling 2.5K men out of nowhere, which makes fighting tribals a lot more manageable.
Black lives matter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: December 04, 2019, 12:37:21 am »

Scouted a gate with an alt just to make sure a gate camp wasnt there, logged back into my main account and tried to fly through not two minutes later, got instantly scrambled and blown to bits. I literally had no cargo, no equipment, just a brand-new ship. And they dont even get a cool kill-mail for it.

EVE Online
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: December 04, 2019, 08:41:40 am »

Suffering a spectacular existence failure in my Scharnhorst after being stuck by sixteen stale baguettes at once.

I think we're going to need some context on this one.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:01 am »

Let's see... the Scharnhorst is a German battleship, which would lead me to speculate that the sixteen stale baguettes were fired from a French vessel. Which, in turn, takes me to World of Warships. (Not the only option for FR v. GR ship duels, but maybe the most likely one?)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:30 am »

I remember watching a guy mildly complaining when his ship was being hit with stale baguettes in World of Warships. He seemed more annoyed by a Minnesota class (iirc) lobbing freight trains at him.

Having your ship taken out in one volley is always a pain no matter the game.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21987 on: December 04, 2019, 11:16:48 pm »

Let's see... the Scharnhorst is a German battleship, which would lead me to speculate that the sixteen stale baguettes were fired from a French vessel. Which, in turn, takes me to World of Warships. (Not the only option for FR v. GR ship duels, but maybe the most likely one?)
If so, then I know just the meteor to summon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: December 05, 2019, 07:55:52 pm »

Fighting Soul Tyrant. Take several attempts, but I finally hear that satisfying scream of pain from kicking that fat bastard to the curb after a difficult battle.

...I hadn't realized that was only the first half of that battle.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: December 05, 2019, 10:24:31 pm »

That classic feeling of just barely scraping past, then realizing that you're now halfway there.

...Stupid guardian ape.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1570