Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245115 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22005 on: December 09, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »

I salute Jeb
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22006 on: December 09, 2019, 04:46:55 pm »

I declared holy war against the muslim king of Lithuania for control over the duchy (and county) of Man and won, but didn't gain control of the duchy. He held both titles, which means I should have gained the county, but... I didn't. So now I'm stuck in a ten year truce with him.

Crusader Kings 2

A similar thing happened to me today. I am the Jarl of Albany and Connacht (Norwegians conquered Scotland, then I inherited Connacht.). I pressed some dude's weak claim on the Petty Kingdom of Ulster. The war declaration window said, that he would become my vassal when I win. He did not. I helped him get the throne and got nothing out of it.
I guess pressing other people's weak claims and declaring holy war over titles of the same value as is your highest title just does not work.

Vassals cannot be the same tier as you but holy wars should take counties regardless even when a count attacks an emperor.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22007 on: December 09, 2019, 05:46:23 pm »

A similar thing happened to me today. I am the Jarl of Albany and Connacht (Norwegians conquered Scotland, then I inherited Connacht.). I pressed some dude's weak claim on the Petty Kingdom of Ulster. The war declaration window said, that he would become my vassal when I win. He did not. I helped him get the throne and got nothing out of it.
I guess pressing other people's weak claims and declaring holy war over titles of the same value as is your highest title just does not work.
It kind of sucks, but claimants during such wars only become your vassal under two circumstances:
1. The title is of a lower rank than yours and the claimant is of your dynasty, or
2. The claimant is already your vassal (which itself requires them to be of a lower rank than you).

Also, I was actually the queen of Ireland at the time; the duchy title was a lower rank than mine, so that wasn't the problem as far as I can tell.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22008 on: December 09, 2019, 06:44:26 pm »

Did you accidentally accept or offer a white peace?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22009 on: December 09, 2019, 09:26:59 pm »

No, I don't believe so. It's possible that there was something else preventing me from getting the county and I just didn't know it at the time.
Black lives matter.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22010 on: December 10, 2019, 01:50:28 am »

I did not. I am sure I had 100% warscore. There is a chance I misclicked and sent White Peace instead of Enforce Demands, but I do not think so. I think it is because he was now a duchy level title, same as I, so he could not be my vassal.

Edit: Oops, already said.
        Well, why does it offer these weak claims on duchies when I am duke level then? I assumed I would get the duchy title and the guy would get the lower titles.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:59:56 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22011 on: December 10, 2019, 05:37:22 am »

I did not. I am sure I had 100% warscore. There is a chance I misclicked and sent White Peace instead of Enforce Demands, but I do not think so. I think it is because he was now a duchy level title, same as I, so he could not be my vassal.

Edit: Oops, already said.
        Well, why does it offer these weak claims on duchies when I am duke level then? I assumed I would get the duchy title and the guy would get the lower titles.

It is handy for disposing of people you don't like and put someone friendly on the throne or for weakening other realms or spreading your dynasty. I will quite happily spread my family inside a realm if I'm a vassal even if they would be independent from me.

If you want to gain territory then you should look to your character's claims or holy wars. The latter I know can be part blocked by other realms besieging the target resulting in you only gaining baronies or just the county capital.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22012 on: December 10, 2019, 02:39:31 pm »

So on a whim I installed Prototype 2, since it was in my library and I remember the first one being good for some dumb, derpy fun. After fighting with its allergy to my USB mouse, I managed to get it running and leapt into the game.

I believe I can sum up the experience so far with this inspirational quote: "The greatest battle you will ever fight, is the one within with the fucking controls oh my god."

Looking to earn some more perks and moolah, I decided to go after one of the side events. A divebombing challenge. Okay, cool... If I could just properly launch off this rooftop, and if the air dash didn't home me in on the nearest flat surface, I might be able to do something!

I eventually managed to get silver, but that's obviously not good enough. Many, many attempts and control-wrassling later, I manage to clear the three rounds within the necessary parameters to get gold. Ah, finally! Sweet victory! Now I can leave this junk behind and move on to better thin- wait, there's a fourth round? Huh. Okay. Well, a few more kills to pad on the score won't hurt!

Launch, divebomb, kill enemies, game crashes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22013 on: December 10, 2019, 02:53:58 pm »

Prototype 2 is jank, but quite good. Probably want a gamepad for it though.

My only issue with it is the fucking helicopters. At least before it gives you tools to deal with them.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22014 on: December 10, 2019, 03:06:15 pm »

Dunno, I haven't been having much issue with them so far... Basic tendril black hole and some claw slashes do a number on them, as does grabbing one of the bajillion rocket launcher troopers and using his boomstick. They're probably gonna get worse later on though, I'm still just in the yellow zone...

And yeah, probably should have a gamepad... But that requires money, and preferably more reasons to use one than just Prototype 2. I also kinda doubt that a gamepad would completely fix the issue of "Button to sneakily subsume unaware scientist man while maintaining disguise" == "Button to powerlift the massive pallet of explosives behind you and proudly hold it over your head while shouting 'Look what I can do!' to the very impressed and now also very alerted guards".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22015 on: December 10, 2019, 08:54:50 pm »

Not yet death, but a possible path towards it. My cooks have gone full derp. Previously, they'd just mill about doing nothing during mealtime. Boxes of food are all over the floor, though that might be because the two freezers are full. I thought I fixed them by removing the kitchen designation and re-adding it. Now they've taken to grabbing random uncooked foods, walking to some random point and dropping it, and another cook picking it up and moving it. Eventually, they dropped next to(not in, next to) the garbage zone before taking it back to the kitchen.

Throughout all this, very few meals are being prepared; total prisoners being fed is about 25%, some are marked as starving. The only thing happening I can think of was a fire event that heavily damaged the kitchen a long time ago that derped the kitchen designation, but I'm fairly certain I fixed that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22016 on: December 12, 2019, 10:33:15 am »

Started Graveyard Keeper last night. After 2 weeks I kept feeling like I had wasted xp and couldn't keep up, but I had managed to get up to -12 quality in the graveyard (even after burying 5 new bodies without knowing how body quality works), and am broke all of the time. It would help if I could sell some of the stuff from my inventory that isn't bread or burial certificates (not even flowers or honey?).

I still don't know how to make gravestones (only the wooden ones), and don't see it anywhere in the tech tree, but I think I've figured out enough stuff to get to this point faster and slightly more efficiently. The game obviously wants you to focus only on improving the graveyard first and ignore everything else. Progress in everything seems to be locked behind that.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22017 on: December 12, 2019, 03:06:43 pm »

A lot of content is unfortunately locked behind the Church, yeah. Don't worry about wasting tech points; they're in infinite supply.

Body quality is based off of the number of skulls a body has. White skulls contribute to graveyard quality, while red skulls are "negative" skulls and don't contribute anything. You have to decorate the grave with gravestones and fences to get the skulls to count, though, and if you have a lot of red skulls on a body, it can be a bit of a waste. My recommendation for improving graveyard quality right now is to only remove blood and fat, which will turn two red skulls on a body into two white skulls.

As for gravestones, you need the "Stoneworking" tech to create them (costs 15 red and 5 green tech points), and you need to build a stone cutter in your workyard. There you can turn the bits of stone you get from smashing rocks into gravestones.

This page on the wiki lists every item that every vendor will buy from you. I'll admit that it's kind of convoluted and not every item will be bought by someone, but it is what it is, I guess. Good luck and happy keeping.
Black lives matter.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22018 on: December 12, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »

Body quality is based off of the number of skulls a body has. White skulls contribute to graveyard quality, while red skulls are "negative" skulls and don't contribute anything. You have to decorate the grave with gravestones and fences to get the skulls to count, though, and if you have a lot of red skulls on a body, it can be a bit of a waste. My recommendation for improving graveyard quality right now is to only remove blood and fat, which will turn two red skulls on a body into two white skulls.

Yeah, I know that now, after I've buried a bunch of people (and left terrible-score bodies in the ground). At this point I'm wondering if it would be faster (out of game) to restart than fix my mistakes.

As for gravestones, you need the "Stoneworking" tech to create them (costs 15 red and 5 green tech points), and you need to build a stone cutter in your workyard. There you can turn the bits of stone you get from smashing rocks into gravestones.

Not in any of the tabs I have available. I can turn big rocks into smaller rocks, make a repair kit, and one other thing.

This page on the wiki lists every item that every vendor will buy from you. I'll admit that it's kind of convoluted and not every item will be bought by someone, but it is what it is, I guess. Good luck and happy keeping.

Thank you. That's what I need.

Wait, is the character I need to sell stuff to the Merchant? I don't know how I didn't think of that (other than the merchant being important for the garden and nothing else so far). Or can they only buy things they sell?

Edit: Ah, the gravestone tech was hidden under the theology tab in the tech tree, which was previously invisible.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:09:51 pm by Iduno »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22019 on: December 12, 2019, 04:07:10 pm »

Characters can buy things from you that they sell, but also other things. It really depends.

If you don't have the "Building" tab visible in your tech tree, wait until the Bishop appears on Sun Day and talk to him. It should unlock, letting you cut down trees and start working on some new stuff.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1570