Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244087 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22035 on: December 24, 2019, 03:31:07 pm »

MCreeper was killed by bighorner sheep.

One would think that stone spear is enough to kill a damn sheep. Not in this game. Even a lamb takes 7 hits from flint spear to kill.  :o

Vintage story.

FE Fates:
Grrrrr. I so enjoy this game, just not when i get stuck for few days on a single mission. Mission 11 for Hoshido. Did you enjoy shuffling your troops about for 30 minutes with animations disabled? Revealing level 4 Satsuna and Hayato as crazy murderbone machines of death, who just slaughter every enemy in sight? Yah, yah. Now defend yourself from ceaseless torrent of steel axe wyvern riders, with a few oneshot-happy promoteds strewn in, while quite likely being stuck in a completely atrocious position.
It's already fourth time this blasted thing gets me.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 08:21:45 am by MCreeper »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: December 24, 2019, 04:05:08 pm »

Yeah, Chapter 11 is a pretty big hill, even off the back of 10. The ninjas. They haunt me to this day.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: December 24, 2019, 06:54:27 pm »

Felt pretty stupid after realizing why half my population was employed: they wouldn't walk down the street to the bus stop to get to work. I was able to remedy that by installing footpaths between their tenements to shorten the walking distance. Now I only have 1/6 of my population unemployed since the furthest ones still cannot reach the bus station.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: December 24, 2019, 07:02:07 pm »

Stage 12 or 13, so the third loop all but done, doing great, murdering pretty much everything despite the screen being literally covered in enemies. My attack speed is so high at this point that there is no individual attacks, merely a stream of bullets. I have become one with the BRRRRRT.

And then the fucking windows lock up and I lose an hour and a half long run :I

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: December 25, 2019, 09:37:38 pm »

My E key seems to work fine. I press it, it works, the sort of thing you'd expect from a key.

Now, even if I don't wind up staring at the ball and not at Kiryu...

even if I don't wind up pressing when it's too late to actually hit the ball...

even if I don't wind up freaking out and pressing the key early...

It feels as though sometimes I press the E key and it doesn't register. Lightly tapping the button works just fine for the rest of the game, why can't that work here, too?

All those things have made me grow to despise the batting center.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: December 29, 2019, 08:47:18 am »

After much tweaking and reloading, I finally built an atmospheric plane for use in Kerbin-bound science. I decided to be daring and actually land the plane like a plane, as opposed to killing its horizontal speed and using parachutes.

It seems like I'm about to touch the ground evenly and coast to a stop, but 9/10ths of my plane explodes on contact. All that's left is the cockpit, elevators and a single wheel, skidding along the ground like a mecha unicycle.

Valentina (somehow) survived, but the loss of the plane more than negated the gains from that contract. So essentially, I did that mission at a loss and didn't even get to land the plane.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: December 29, 2019, 09:02:53 am »

How fast were you going? Sounds like you were going too fast for the landing gear to handle the impact force. You should also be slightly pitched up when you make contact with the ground instead of flat, so as to not overstress the forward wheel(s) or even flip forward over them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: December 29, 2019, 09:37:24 am »

How fast were you going? Sounds like you were going too fast for the landing gear to handle the impact force. You should also be slightly pitched up when you make contact with the ground instead of flat, so as to not overstress the forward wheel(s) or even flip forward over them.

I wasn't looking at the moment of impact, but I'm guessing it was between 100 and 200 meters per second. Also, using the very cheapest tier 1 plane parts, so the landing gear wasn't that great.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: December 29, 2019, 12:05:30 pm »

Tehenhauin start on the Vortex map. You start off at war with some skaven ratbois to your west, fairly numerous with two-three armies gunning for you in the first couple of turns but it's manageable. Take two of their settlements (both minor ones) before Lokhir decides he wants to stomp my face too, but I figure, the skaven are no longer a threat, they maybe have a minor settlement further to the north-west and Khalida will probably be the end of them sooner or later. So i get my army back to my province capital to recover a bit before taking on Lokhir and his several armies that have gathered on my borders.

Suddenly, a full fucking stack of goddamn skaven pop up from the west, complete with bloody stormvermin, plagueclaw catapults and a number of other nasty, high-tier things. Naturally I lose both settlements I took before being able to get to them and then my army rolls over and dies because of course it fucking would :I

I get that Tehenhauin is supposed to have a hard start, but maybe make that a challenge without relying on making every one of your neighbours have a giant hateboner for you and be a cheating asshole who pulls lategame comps out of their ass.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: December 29, 2019, 01:32:34 pm »

I took one of the "get crew reports at these locations" contracts. The three spots were all on the surface, extremely close to the Space Center. It would have been economical to just send a Kerbal on foot, but that would take forever. Landing a plane would take even longer than walking, and a rocket is both wasteful and imprecise.

Thus, Billy the Science Jetcar was born. Six steerable landing wheels, two jet engines, and no brakes.

It got a respectable speed of 30m/s and handled the bumpy ground surprisingly well with SAS on. I soon realized however that I would have to stop this thing eventually, and the only thing I could figure was a hard right.

The entire thing rolled and blew up.

Kerbal Space Program.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: December 29, 2019, 01:43:46 pm »

Picked a fight with an njzerp. I landed more arrows, but they were glancing blows. He landed one hit that did 14% injury to me, then won the ensuing knife fight.
It's not much of a problem though. Once you've got a decent trap fence set up, there's not much left of the game. Build a cabin and hunt njzerps until you die.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: December 29, 2019, 06:54:45 pm »

I wasn't looking at the moment of impact, but I'm guessing it was between 100 and 200 meters per second. Also, using the very cheapest tier 1 plane parts, so the landing gear wasn't that great.

Your early planes should be landing at less than 100 meters per second---in fact you should always strive to land that slowly, it makes it a lot harder to explode. Remember to be patient above all else---if your approach isn't nice, slow, and shallow, just go around and try again, don't try and force it or you will likely explode.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: December 30, 2019, 09:57:23 am »

Unless things have improved recently, aircraft in KSP are a crapshoot.  Sometimes the landing gear will just explode for seemingly no reason while trying to take off, and I remember having lots of problems just keeping the jet straight on the runway because something was off with the landing gear despite placing it symmetrically on the design.

Anyway, my latest death was about 15 deaths in Treetops in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.  I knew that level was going to be painful to 100%, and it took me a few tries to remember how to jump on the ramps properly to get to the more isolated platforms.  Some of the deaths were pretty cheap too - you've got a very narrow window to hit the jump button sometimes, else you'll fall short of the landings by just inches.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: December 30, 2019, 01:39:16 pm »

I mean, random turning on the runway is still an issue, but landing works just fine now. I haven't tested extensively, but wheels have only given me issues when driving a car with physics warp on.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22049 on: December 30, 2019, 01:42:49 pm »

Swarm of rogue/monk dwarf brothers sneak attack + flurry of blows-d me to death.

(Actual physical tabletop D&D)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1570