Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269409 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22260 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:28 am »

The Ultima universe has an item called the Orb of Moons. Lord British gave one to me early in the game. I stuck it in somebody's inventory and promptly forgot about it.

Now the plot is asking me to use it and I can't find it anywhere. There are two options:

1) It was with Sparks, who is most likely dead in a cave or out in the forest somewhere
2) Whoever had it dropped it while they were fleeing from something

I feel wholly justified cheating in this instance, but in 1992 I would probably have been screwed.

Ultima 7 Part 1.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: March 25, 2020, 01:50:14 pm »

Had a pretty decent start as a Weaponsmith. Got a pretty good wicked mithril warhammer from Heir. Got the Healing skill from Jharod. Nearly starved to death traveling to the main dungeon but made it to the Arena(which has food sellers) just in time.

Got ganged up on by some dark elven sorceress and her swarm of summoned spiders in the Big Room below the arena, and got eaten alive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22262 on: March 25, 2020, 04:51:50 pm »

Want to know how to kill that creature?

I have not yet the 2nd tier item of the necromancer (i only have 10stars with it , need 5 more) but thanks you gave me my next goal : getting 5 more stars with this class , will be hell as with the barbarian it's the class i have the most difficulty with :D

edit : wow either i'm figuring out things better or more likely i have been extremely lucky because i managed to improve seriously my necromancer score and finally get her to 15 stars !

Hopefully it should help a lot now
Huh, strangely it's pretty much the opposite for me, necromancer and barbarian are my favorite classes, with Timebender a distant third.
Anyway, enjoy the the Witch's Knife, it's favorite enough of a relic that I'll use it sometimes even if the class doesn't use red gems, it is that good.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: March 25, 2020, 06:56:01 pm »

Yeah, I've been doing well with the barbarian as well. Axe dice are really useful at clearing multiple opponents.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: March 25, 2020, 07:41:31 pm »

So far the timebender is puzzling me, i started well with it but now i'm stuck at 11 stars and can't manage to improve, that's the last class i have yet to unlock its 15th star item, those rerolling but still apply dices sounds great but i wish i had much more of them actually landing instead of normal dices (man that bad luck) on the scenarios i am trying to improve by now.

I even took the bottomless pouch to help with the extra money but the shops are not helping me with getting more re-rollable attack dices

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: March 25, 2020, 10:36:51 pm »

Not a death, strictly speaking, but a softlock.

In an attempt to speed up the intro section of the game (the one where it goes through your life from birth to 18 19 years old), I tried quicksaving and quickloading in rapid succession to skip dialogue, which is a legit strategy in speedruns. I, however, went too far and, like, skipped the dialogue pointer into nothing. Now Liam Neeson's standing around like an idiot, and I'm stuck being a year old forever. Time to reload the autosave.

Fallout 3.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:54:42 pm by methylatedspirit »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: March 25, 2020, 11:55:50 pm »

Hasn't somebody made a mod to skip all that crap? I know one exists at least for Skyrim, heck IIRC an alternate intro script is literally part of a modding tutorial.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #22267 on: March 26, 2020, 12:59:06 am »

There's even a savefile that skips all that, and leaves you just before the vault exit so that you can respec your character. Not a single mod needed. I would've checked beforehand, but I really just wanted to play some Fallout 3.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: March 26, 2020, 06:17:53 am »

In the dungeon Despise, I found a wizard all by himself behind some magically-locked doors. Not only do wizards typically carry reagents--always in short supply--but this particular wizard was surrounded by chests, gold and other valuable loot.

Little did I know, that wizard had three friends on an upper level that I couldn't see. Between the multiple combatants, spell effects and trying to render a multi-level structure, the game slowed to a crawl. And they tore my party to shreds without taking a scratch themselves. Combat in the game has generally been trivial, so I think I'm really not supposed to be fighting these guys yet.

Ultima 7.

(the scroll they're guarding leads to a location I've already discovered and looted, but I want whatever armor and weapons they have)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: March 26, 2020, 07:24:44 am »

Between the multiple combatants, spell effects and trying to render a multi-level structure, the game slowed to a crawl.

Have you tried running the game through Exult instead of DOSBox ? Maybe it would run better this way.
http://exult.sourceforge.net/

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: March 26, 2020, 05:11:41 pm »

So far the timebender is puzzling me, i started well with it but now i'm stuck at 11 stars and can't manage to improve, that's the last class i have yet to unlock its 15th star item, those rerolling but still apply dices sounds great but i wish i had much more of them actually landing instead of normal dices (man that bad luck) on the scenarios i am trying to improve by now.

I even took the bottomless pouch to help with the extra money but the shops are not helping me with getting more re-rollable attack dices
Have you tried the 15th star ninja item and the Witch's knife with the timebender?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: March 26, 2020, 05:34:01 pm »

Cassandra seems to be going for the really bad day storytelling strat.

Earlygame small raid handled except one person wounded.  Half a day later, Black hive attack.  Tornado shortly after off in an unimportant side of the map.

Colonists fighting the hive from my fortifications, the previously wounded guy is already downed again.  Tornado decides it wants to join the fun and goes right through my fortifications, wrecks a wind turbine then dissipates into the mountain.

My colonists had to abandon the fortifications because of the tornado (they had time to haul the wounded guy out of danger too), but now the goddamn bugs are using them against me.  Kill the bugs after luring them to a less defensible position, but literally everyone is bleeding out now.  Doc runs to get medicine to self tend but passes out on the way there. I set the remaining colonist to doctoring and to self tend without medicine.  He also passes out from blood loss before he can stop his own bleeding.  RIP.

Rimworld
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:37:26 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: March 26, 2020, 06:35:42 pm »

Dark Souls 3. While exploring the possibilities for cosplaying Saber-chan,
stumbled on a guy saying, casual like, "i killed Lothric on level 13 and crafted myself his sword, looks appropriate". With screens from Irithyll while still at level 13. Ugh... Okay, if you can kill fourth last boss as second (you can, yes? Yes, just four minutes of slashing at her arse at level 1), killing second last as fourth is not too far fetched. And i wanted to try to kill Dancer myself...
100 deaths (wowsers, CE, seriously?) and counting. Reminds me of a week long torture i once inflicted on someone (there WAS more than proper reason). Fucked be the brain, penitential one in shortucts!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:47:04 pm by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: March 26, 2020, 07:24:09 pm »

Have you tried the 15th star ninja item and the Witch's knife with the timebender?

Thanks ! I got some improvement with that combo of items on a mission i couldn't manage to get more than 1 star previously with the timebender as the piercing attack hurting or killing off some additional monsters allowed me to take the winning spree bonus instead of having to heal from time to time.

i wish i had more piercing attacks showing up in shop :D

edit : oh and that is very likely a good combo of items as i even managed to beat the necromancer tower with 2 stars with the timebender (never managed to beat it once with that specific class before), just enough stars to reach her 15 stars item.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:39:52 pm by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: March 27, 2020, 08:21:31 am »

Found a very nice combination of Hollow Egg and Explosion of Brimstone, giving me a long range bomb effect with no limit. I also had Fire Immunity which means I was less likely to harm myself with it. I picked up several health increases throughout the first two levels.

So naturally, the first thing that happens after this is I get knocked into electrified water and die instantly.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 1571