Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244592 times)

gamer31

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22485 on: September 16, 2020, 03:54:34 pm »

I was playing Apex with a buddy of mine and while I was looting he placed a jump pad underneath my character. It catapulted me into the air and I fell off the cliff. Never got trolled like this before.

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #22486 on: September 20, 2020, 02:11:55 am »

Got shot by a zombieman in hideous destructor.
This is a very common occurrence.
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22487 on: September 20, 2020, 02:39:19 am »

Sneaking through a cave, I shot a Bandit Marauder. She did not immediatly see me, so I hid behind a corner.

But she saw Lydia and started throwing fireballs at her. The explosions of these fireballs killed me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22488 on: September 20, 2020, 05:13:40 am »

I defeated The Dancer before going to Wolnir. As a mage. While asleep! Take that, game!

Dark S... Fuck, no.

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22489 on: September 20, 2020, 08:09:46 pm »

I just realized this was a relevant place to post something.

I recently died as an ogre by virtue of being an ogre scholar. This was in AI dungeon 2. I posted the whole ordeal on the AI dungeon board maybe 30 minutes ago for anyone intrigued by such things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22490 on: September 20, 2020, 11:13:39 pm »

Playing Spelunky 2 online with strangers.   
The others (probably more experienced than I) had both died, presumably in battle with all the shopkeepers we'd been robbing. I, picking up one of the many shotguns lying around, forged ahead and managed to make it to the next zone and resurrect one of them, gunning down a couple more shopkeepers on the way. Unfortunately, they somehow died again as we were fighting the first boss.   
I finished said boss off, derped around for a bit, then found my way into the next area. I won't spoil anything, but it's a pretty inhospitable place.   

I took my time. I looked around, figuring there'd be a coffin containing a new body for one of my teammates somewhere near the start of the stage. I peered downwards, and aha! There was one below that was easy enough to get to. I dropped down, carefully dropped my shotgun nearby (I've seen other players open coffins with shotguns but it still just makes me friggin' NERVOUS) and approached the coffin.   
One of my impatient fellow explorers chose this moment to use their ghostly powers to unleash a blast of freezing air on the coffin - at the same instant I swung my whip to open it. The flash-frozen new body of my comrade crumbled into ice cubes just a split second after it came into existence. I didn't even have time to see which of the others it was.   

There was one horrible moment of silence as my brain processed what just happened. My character stood there, unmoving, and it was easy to imagine a mortified, horrified, stupefied facial expression forming behind his smoked glasses as he realised what he'd done.   

Then my thumb slammed the PS button and I went in a frantic whirl up to the "close application" option, fleeing the shame and the fury of my compatriots and hopefully closing that dark chapter of my video gaming career forever.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22491 on: September 27, 2020, 06:03:52 pm »

Spent 2-3 hours trying to build a city, only to notice a very curious problem: that particular part of the planet I happen to start on, perhaps some quirk of its axial tilt, receives no sunlight. This poses two very serious problems. First, citizens do not work at night unless there's electricity. Second, you cannot grow crops(animal stuff is fine somehow) except maybe without sunlight or electricity(used to, not sure about now). Right, so getting electricity up and running is priority number one. Except! I have no coal or oil anywhere nearby. Plenty of radioactives, but nuclear power requires both research and plastic, the latter requiring oil. Wind is a possible alternative, except the default wind power plant requires over 2000 metal, which I can(by myself since it's perma-night) only produce in batches of 10 every 30 seconds or so after producing ore in batches of 10 every 30 seconds or so.

After gathering the heavy pile of materials needed for a sailboat, I sailed off looking for oil only to be sniped off the boat by something in the water bombing me with acid.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22492 on: September 28, 2020, 08:17:58 am »

Tried a mission against a superheavy.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22493 on: September 28, 2020, 06:50:16 pm »

Tried a mission against a superheavy.

I can't think of any of the superheavies that were good. The Matar has a worse movement rate than the Urbanmech, and pulse lasers which are shorter range.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22494 on: September 28, 2020, 09:09:11 pm »

If I recall the superheavies you face in Roguetech are more likely to be custom jobs (with their own special mission types) than official. They also have some kitbash ones, like a 150 ton pirate cattlemaster (slow, awkward, but don't let it get within punching range).

As for me... not a game-ender, but close enough to count. Learning that Romance mode really is romance mode, and not a place for weak commanders.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22495 on: September 29, 2020, 11:14:35 am »

I started my Pokemon journey in Goldenrod with my trust Ditto (its name is my name too~) just to try out the new features, and expecting a bit of a challenge.  I didn't remember the northern guard giving out a free spearow, and I certainly didn't expect it to have Fly :o

Kenya, sorry, KENYA gains bonus experience as a traded pokemon, started with False Swipe, and generally became my main.  Unfortunately traded pokemon get rebellious if you don't have enough badges for their level, and she leveled very fast...

So that's my excuse for losing to a level 21 Hoppip with a level 35 Fearow.  Sleep spore, leech seed, and Kenya preferring to "lounge around" or "turn away" when she was able to act at all XD

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22496 on: September 29, 2020, 01:04:06 pm »

Turns out that, while starting off extremely weak can result in some satisfying moments (namely, growing strong enough to tear down opponents you had previously fled from), they can also result in some frustrating ones - namely, having trouble eliminating foes you thought you were somewhat evenly matched against.

Once I wound up dying to a "training" bandit that was (I thought) weaker than me...

Yeah, I wasn't happy.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22497 on: September 29, 2020, 07:17:13 pm »

I got stabbed in the face knifefighting with a teammate

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22498 on: September 29, 2020, 07:31:45 pm »

No Man's Sky: Arrived on a new planet, started trying to find a safe place to explore, because the planet is wildly toxic. Failed, died. New life: forget safety, try to mine enough to do anything at all before dying. Repair multitool. Die. Third life: can't find ship, run around mining, but now I can find the sodium to recharge my toxic protection. Die because I can't find enough. Fourth life: Find more sodium. Somehow I've charged the protection enough that I can go find my ship, which is in the other direction. Keep finding just enough sodium to live, arrive at ship. Start repairing ship, but I need to travel further to find parts. Die because there's not enough sodium in that direction. Fifth life: apparently dying a lot means my multitool broke again, and I effectively need to start over.

New game: Start trying to mine enough to repair multitool, and die before I can do anything, but from cold this time...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22499 on: September 29, 2020, 07:40:51 pm »

If you're trying to play Survival mode, my advice would be to Not. At least not for your first attempt. Classic mode gives you a bit more leeway as far as hazards are concerned, so you have more time to sort out how things work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 1570