Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244877 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22995 on: May 03, 2022, 02:15:33 pm »

Are they playable? Of course they are! Why wouldn't they be?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22996 on: May 03, 2022, 02:19:06 pm »

Maybe the devs were batracophobes back in the day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22997 on: May 03, 2022, 03:58:34 pm »

That makes sense I suppose. If you think of spell making the water surface impermeable to you, being underneath it at the time would be suicide, unless you also could breathe underwater.

Another terrifying prospect, contingent on how the spell works: If water outside your body is fixed relative to you, that means you just trapped yourself in your own translucent prison until the spell wears off. Assuming you could hold your breath long enough.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22998 on: May 03, 2022, 05:30:15 pm »

Simply put, I exploded.

More elaborately, after accompanying a group of Stormcloaks to rescue Thorald from Northwatch, I learned that in this modlist, Thorald is not held captive by half a dozen fur and iron clad bandits, oh no. He's being kept in a high security complex surrounded and patrolled by Thalmor spellswords, mage-archers, and sorcerers. And they love their Fireball spam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22999 on: May 03, 2022, 06:35:59 pm »

After 16 years of thriving in the Dragon's Pass the Anmangarn clan simply disbanded, everyone trying their luck in another clan or leaving the region.
It had started well, for many years the Anmangarn flourished , raids over neighbouring clans were often successfull, raids over our lands were repelled. We made many enemies, but our warriors were overwhelming their pitiful excuse of weaponthanes and skirmishers.
The Herani were our sworn enemies, we crushed them so many time and the cries of their women created pity in our warriors heart, so we left their lands in their feeble hands.

Chaos never managed to get a hold of the brave Orlanthi clan as the lessons of the Storm were followed and followers of chaos put to death.
A heroquest for Orlanth even went successfully, the Anmangarn was on the right path.

But in the last few years of the Anmangarn, various serious mistakes were done in the management of our cattles and crops, many seasons saw famines striking hard, many died to allow the survivors eating their fill, yet with diseases striking and raids less successfull the clan was weakened in number and strength and not even sacrifices could help, the Storm was silent. Trading with the few friendly clans wasn't enough, too many Anmangarn clan members to feed.

In the last year of the Anmangarn, the many clans that sworn blood revenge on us decided to attack each in turn, our few remaining weaponthanes and the warriors defended with bravrey what was left of our Tula, but the enemies claimed more and more of our possessions, and once the Anmangarn was left without cattle and without crops, it was the end.

The survivors decided it was time to forget the Anmangarn , their time was past and survival was at stake.
All that is left is our Saga so people will learn of our height and our fall.
Code: [Select]
https://pastebin.com/raw/w0T7145g
King of the Dragon's Pass.

I was wondering why you lost.
Then I saw you picked War Clan.
Answer found.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23000 on: May 03, 2022, 08:00:42 pm »

I wanted to see how far i would go with a type of clan that can't win.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: May 03, 2022, 10:40:00 pm »

I wanted to see how far i would go with a type of clan that can't win.

Yeah, 16 years as a War Clan (and also Dragon Friends, that can lead down a dark path as well, plus Frost Giants are HARD enemies) is very good.
Congrats!

EDIT: Parts of that pastebin were HILARIOUS.
"Harnkorl urged us to find a bride for him. We used trickster magic to make him seem more handsome.

Before our eyes, he turned into the handsomest man in Dragon Pass. We sought a bride among the Apples.

No one would marry him."

EDIT2: I think this is where you lost
"We raided the Eagles. We drove the Eagles from the battlefield, and were able to plunder their tula.

Jarang of the Eagle clan offered us food in exchange for a favor. We refused to accept his gift. He did not react well to our decision. Some said he was offended, while others said he was afraid.

Starvation hit our clan."

EDIT3: Well, maybe not
"Our cattle raid against the Eagles was spotted. We drove the Eagles from the battlefield, and were able to plunder their tula.

Insterid Earthkin of the Eagles came to plead for peace and to offer us 25 cows as one-time tribute. We accepted their tribute. We swore to Humakt and then to Ernalda to refrain from raiding the Eagles for at least ten seasons. Of course these oaths were binding on them as well."

EDIT4: The end of the bachelor's journey
"Harnkorl urged us to find a bride for him. We used trickster magic to make him seem more handsome. Before our eyes, he turned into the handsomest man in Dragon Pass. We sought a bride among the Arnorings.
We arranged a marriage to a woman named Yerestia. She had been divorced several times, and was not the most comely bride.
Harnkorl was pleased to marry her, nevertheless."

EDIT5: The ending
As the last clan members left the tula, one of our more poetic carls gazed back at the empty steads, ruined fortifications, and weed-encroached fields. Before turning away for the last time, he uttered our final words:
“We will not be remembered as a great clan. Or even an adequate clan. If the sagas mention us at all, they will recall our terrible mistakes.

We acted when we should have listened, failed to act when we should have done great deeds, and made enemies where we should have made friends.

Our people are dispersed, our ring disgraced, our tula abandoned. Thus ends our sorry tale, the tale of clan Anmangarn.”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23002 on: May 03, 2022, 11:03:27 pm »

Hm this Predator is about to open this inconvenient locked door.  What if... I use an emergency shield for once!  I wait for the door to open and charge in with my hammer, surviving the undodgeable bullet!  I knock out the Predator and move on!

The bullet reflected off my shield - still moving much faster than my charge - and the door slammed shut in my face once the Predator's vitals ended.

So much for the no-kills bonus...
Then seconds after unpausing, a fuel tank behind me exploded - apparently one of the guards I juked had unloaded into it then ran up to it, as they do.  So that's two "kills" on this otherwise perfect run.

(Sidenote - apparently Sidewinders don't count hard vacuum as an "unblocked route", but they CAN pass through- not into- jammed space)

I ALMOST got the target with a concussive grenade, sparing his friends' lives, but he got his shields up just in time.  I ended up blowing up the room he was in, killing 5 more people who had rushed to the scene (more reinforcements than I could less-lethally handle).  Welp.  Top 46% is... above average I guess.  Still not great, when the goal was to avenge a murder while killing no bystanders.

Heat Signature
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23003 on: May 04, 2022, 03:26:10 am »

Still not great, when the goal was to avenge a murder while killing no bystanders.
"First dig two graves."
"Oh, I'm gonna need way more than two."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23004 on: May 06, 2022, 02:15:03 am »

Too easy, huh?
And then the dueller was a bear.

Crusader Kings 2

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23005 on: May 06, 2022, 03:34:00 am »

That is a bit silly.

Was that from one of the society things? The one where you and the other grandmaster types go on a big adventurer in another land to fight everybody there and get fancy shit at the end, assuming you survive?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: May 06, 2022, 07:41:20 am »

That is a bit silly.

Was that from one of the society things? The one where you and the other grandmaster types go on a big adventurer in another land to fight everybody there and get fancy shit at the end, assuming you survive?
Yeah, it was that quest.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23007 on: May 06, 2022, 01:35:34 pm »

I was idly clicking my mouse and has a plasma beam equipped.  A 5x plasma beam.  I evaporated.

Spoiler: . (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23008 on: May 07, 2022, 06:47:12 pm »

Only in a metaphorical sense, but I booted up Aurora after not having played it since around the time of the C# release, as a bit of a break from multiple game restarts in Rule the Waves 2 while tweaking a China mod I downloaded.  One fine detail from VB Aurora that changed in C# was a bug: jump drives and engines were compatible across military/commercial type in VB when they shouldn't have been.  This had been fixed early before the release of C#, but I had forgotten this detail and thus built my survey ships to use commercial engines and military jump drives.  A year or so later, the first ships flew out of the shipyard, approached the nearest jump point, and failed entirely to jump out of the system.  Rather than SM-fix it, I brought them back, refit them to a variant that used commercial jump drives (with some time taken, as I'm using 10% research rates), and sent them out again. 

The catch?  I had worked up a couple design prototypes while playing with speed and endurance.  I used the wrong design as the baseline for the refit, specifically the one with *military* engines.  Unsurprisingly, military engines work no better with commercial jump drives than commercial engines do with military jump drives: my survey ships approached the jump points and again started failing. 

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: May 09, 2022, 08:52:50 am »

I've been meaning to play some more Aurora - I rarely leave the Sol system because I get impatient and go play something else, but it's on my USB of Fun so it's not exactly out of reach. Which reminds me to update the USB
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1570