Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2262744 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23160 on: October 19, 2022, 11:45:45 am »

Male burn ward patients can't sneak. (Female can).

This inevitably leads to being harassed by the whole horde while you can't run because you've got wounded legs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23161 on: October 19, 2022, 02:34:58 pm »

Eaten repeatedly by Keeng Ra'at.

I didn't realize that the mod I installed to fix bugs and add cut content also changed other stuff.  Vic's house now has a locked door that's impossible to pick at 30%, so I had to steal a Molotov cocktail to blow the door down.  I'd planned use the pipe rifle to get to the 10mm pistol in the rat caves, only to discover that said pistol wasn't there.  I can only assume the mod changed it.

Now, this sucks because my character is a min-maxed piece of crap at early game fighting, and isn't even strong enough to use a pipe rifle correctly.  Even with 10 AP, I had to kite Keen Ra'at 3 turns between shots so I could reload and get far enough away that he couldn't hit me.  The only problem here is that I kept accidentally getting cornered and promptly killed in 2 turns of desperately shooting him in the head.  So much for beating it without dying like I did in Fallout.

I wish I'd just gotten the dynamite from further in the caves and made a trap out of it somehow.

Fallout 2.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23162 on: October 19, 2022, 05:28:52 pm »

This inevitably leads to being harassed by the whole horde while you can't run because you've got wounded legs.

Clearly sneaking when you're burned as a man is impossible because your partially fried wiener is painfully smacking against your legs.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23163 on: October 19, 2022, 07:18:44 pm »

Clearly sneaking when you're burned as a man is impossible because your partially fried wiener is painfully smacking against your legs.
It's actually the +2 to dexterity that females get in classic RPGs.  Its a homage to a day when men got STR and women got either INT or DEX
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23164 on: October 19, 2022, 07:24:13 pm »

I prefer my idea.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23165 on: October 19, 2022, 08:51:52 pm »

It's actually the +2 to dexterity that females get in classic RPGs.  Its a homage to a day when men got STR and women got either INT or DEX

At least INT/DEX tend to be useful stats. I remember an oldschool dungeon crawler where it was a choice between CON or CHA (maybe CHM for Charm, same difference), where literally the only thing charisma was used for was for slightly lower prices at the merchant, which you basically didn't use past the first few floors, and a male-exclusive event near the end.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23166 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:25 pm »

I prefer my idea.

Your idea sounds horrible.

I mean the other idea is horrible as well, just in a more “Eurgh, really?” kind of way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23167 on: October 20, 2022, 05:43:35 am »

I founded a nice little colony, I built up some farming industry, started to make a bit of passive income from its and was almost immediately targeted by every pirate in existence, who threw themselves at me in vast, endless waves until my strategy of taking them on one at a time failed when like three groups all decided to reinforce the small group I was fighting, and I was so hopelessly outgunned and outnumbered that there was literally nothing I could do except watch. The pirates then proceeded to raid my colony, disrupt my industries, mangle my economy, and run off. By the time I limped back home from where I respawned, nothing was recoverable, the colony was crippled, and I gave up on that save file.

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23168 on: October 20, 2022, 06:51:38 am »

If you're being raided, visit the bar on your planet. Someone there will reveal the location of the raiding base.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23169 on: October 21, 2022, 12:21:05 pm »

Carrying a message for a nearby village, i ran into a couple of bloated flies on the banks of the Potomac, shooting whatever stingers/darts at me.
Wouldn't have been much of a problem as i had taken out of few already in my exploration so far and their damage isn't very high, tough annoying as you have to dodge a lot.

But suddenly a couple of big explosions happened very close to me, too close actually.
Using the VATS type of aiming, i scrolled through the visible threats only to see +/- 90 degree to the left a couple of ... supermutants carrying rocket launchers  :o .

Let's say the fight with them vs my early game level 2 near level 3 character wasn't really going to be fine, so i decided at first to run behind some big rock to think and check for an escape route and hurry the hell out of there.
Unfortunately before reaching the relatively safe cover a rocket landed right on my character killing her on the spot in rather gory way with limbs flying and blood raining around .

What a way to go :D

Fallout 3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23170 on: October 23, 2022, 12:44:13 am »

I designed a species and empire specifically for research, small advanced-start galaxy.  I curated my 3 systems, utilizing the toxic and radioactive planets.  Terraforming where possible - shielding against the solar rays.

It was the species with the hypnotic music which destroyed me.
The Trilarians.  Haunting, ephemeral.  Very October.
They struck my peaceful empire, bombing our homeworld.  Killing everyone.
And then our secondary colony in the home system.  Nothing but dust.

And then, by chance, the election.  Who should be Master of Orion?
As a democracy, I voted for our genociders.

Sure *I* lost the game, but I saved billions of people from needless death.  The Trilarians are probably best staged to engage the Antarans.

Trilarian theme.
How does one not relax, listening... to this...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 12:49:07 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23171 on: October 23, 2022, 05:25:01 am »

I sliced off Dagoth Ur's godhood, then shivved him with Keening.

Post battle, I went to equip my regular equipment and restore my attributes.
Unfortunately, while I put my Daederic Left Gauntlet back on, I forgot to unequip Keening, and I keeled over from holding it without Wraithguard.

My last autosave is in front of Dagoth's fortress.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23172 on: October 23, 2022, 06:28:55 am »

"Come lay down your weapon, it is not too late for my mercy."  Except it was mathel

Severing godhoods, hunh?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23173 on: October 23, 2022, 09:04:01 am »

So, turns out bears are almost exactly as fast as the PC when sprinting.

They can also climb three high vertical walls, it seems.

Vintage Story

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23174 on: October 23, 2022, 01:38:09 pm »

That is accurate to real life actually.

Bears are better sprinters than humans (most quadrupeds are), but they tire out much quicker. They're also good climbers thanks to the help of their claws.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1571