Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How buggy is 31.17 in Linux?  (Read 1640 times)

the2crow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How buggy is 31.17 in Linux?
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:22:11 pm »

I've been playing on Linux for the last two days (Ubuntu 10.04, to be precise), and encountered a bit of an awful bug. The first time I ordered a squad to attack an enemy, the game crashed. I haven't yet had a chance to see if this is reproducible or just a one time problem.

I was talking to some Dwarf Fortress players on an image board and one of them expressed great consternation over the Linux versions of DF, saying that it had a lot of problems with glitches and crashes.

How true is this?
Is it very buggy? Should I save myself some frustration and go back to playing on Windows?

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: How buggy is 31.17 in Linux?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:24:21 pm »

.18 is out, so you should really upgrade.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

the2crow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:04:48 pm »

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:28:01 pm »

I play on linux, haven't had any crashes
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.