Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: HOLY FUCK PARTY [Spoliers!] ARE IN MY FORTRESS  (Read 68426 times)

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOLY FUCK PARTY [Spoliers!] ARE IN MY FORTRESS
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 09:15:39 pm »

HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
sig'd
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

Hoo boy...

So its a fresh embark on a really cool site (large river emptying into ocean and a huge cavern with pit below my mostly-above-ground fort), my dwarves go about their dwarfy stuff for about a year without incident, until one day a dwarf named "LedM1", sick of drinking the same booze and eating the same food while working in the rain for months on end starts tantruming, throwing food and drink into the ocean and starting fights. One thing leads to another, dwarves start going crazy, workshops get destroyed, a few murders, a few suicides... y'know, a tantrum spiral. C'est la vie!

I decided to abandon and reclaim with a fresh set of uncrazy dwarves. Almost a year goes by with dwarves doing their dwarfy stuff once more, putting the bodies of their predecessors away/making slabs, building buildings and moving food into stockpiles... when suddenly a dwarf was attacked and killed by the violent ghost of "LedM1"! That jerk!
Having thought I had had him buried, I checked the coffins and sure enough there was a coffin designated for him... but no body inside. I then tried to have a slab engraved for that jerk, but his name was not among those I could memorialize for some odd reason. I looked around for his body, but could not locate it anywhere (even checked the river, ocean, and cavern, no luck). Then he murdered another dwarf.

It seems that until I find his body... no idea where it is or even if its recoverable, I will have a murderous ghost plaguing my fort. And yes, the reclaim party is close to tantruming after the murders of their friends. Curse you "LedM1"! Curse youuuuu!

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:31 pm »

Check the stocks screen.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2010, 05:35:55 am »

Hoo boy...

So its a fresh embark on a really cool site (large river emptying into ocean and a huge cavern with pit below my mostly-above-ground fort), my dwarves go about their dwarfy stuff for about a year without incident, until one day a dwarf named "LedM1", sick of drinking the same booze and eating the same food while working in the rain for months on end starts tantruming, throwing food and drink into the ocean and starting fights. One thing leads to another, dwarves start going crazy, workshops get destroyed, a few murders, a few suicides... y'know, a tantrum spiral. C'est la vie!

I decided to abandon and reclaim with a fresh set of uncrazy dwarves. Almost a year goes by with dwarves doing their dwarfy stuff once more, putting the bodies of their predecessors away/making slabs, building buildings and moving food into stockpiles... when suddenly a dwarf was attacked and killed by the violent ghost of "LedM1"! That jerk!
Having thought I had had him buried, I checked the coffins and sure enough there was a coffin designated for him... but no body inside. I then tried to have a slab engraved for that jerk, but his name was not among those I could memorialize for some odd reason. I looked around for his body, but could not locate it anywhere (even checked the river, ocean, and cavern, no luck). Then he murdered another dwarf.

It seems that until I find his body... no idea where it is or even if its recoverable, I will have a murderous ghost plaguing my fort. And yes, the reclaim party is close to tantruming after the murders of their friends. Curse you "LedM1"! Curse youuuuu!

You need the Urist and olin Mcwinchester in there quick smart. Theyll find the remains and deal with the ghost.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2010, 06:34:20 am »

Urist McMayor : So , if there are any parties , we'll pull the magma lever and-
Urist McDetector : Party in the Dining Room
Urist McMayor : Right , Pull the Le...
Urist McDetector : No , Not just any Party , a GHOST party
Urist McMayor : ......What?

Also , Party is too much an Awesome name for Ghosts

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 12:51:11 am »

Please tell me ghost parties still exist in 31.18. Because once the Civ Forge mod gets updated, I'M SO DOING !!SCIENCE!! ON THIS!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 07:03:25 am »

wait I wonder if one could make ghost adventurers using this.
oh man being able to noclip through walls would be so cool!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 10:19:45 am »

Have you tried deconstructing LedM1's coffin and making him a slab instead? Coffin designation might be removing his name from the memorial list.
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

I just had a ghost appear in a fort that started in 31.16. One of a forlorn haunt type.

This one died after I migrated to 31.17 and was not buried along with his 9 friends (the deaths were not deliberate, a FB with a lung-paralizing dust cloud) specifically to look at some ghosts.

No one of those 5 that dodged into the river before 31.17 came back yet.

I kind of expected that being on a terrifying biome would cause all my 60 filled coffins to raise and crush the fortress from within at some point but this is definitely not happening in this release.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »

Looking forwards to slabbed dwarves with intact bodies having said bodies rise as zombies, in evil places.  You could be haunted by Urist McUnfortunate's ghost AND his corpse at the same time!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]