Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 201846 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

or they are healthy for your WN8 (looking at you ELC ;)).
ELC stronk. Not statpadding at all. Nope.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, assuming I'm a cheap bastard that isn't buying gold anytime soon, is there anything to gain from keeping an Elite vehicle? The "free" exp is bound until I pay to liberate it and the transferable crew will take a massive proficiency hit until I pay to retrain it for a new vehicle.
I'm guessing the best I can do is use the xp to train crew, get them 100%, get skills for them and then transfer them over to new vehicles hopefully with proficiency better than 50% and keeping the skills? But even if so, is the accelerated training that much faster?
I'm keeping my Su-26 forever anyway since it's a pretty unique tank, but I'm not so sure about the Renault Bt SPG and I've already sold my Bison.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, IIRC for elite tanks with the accelerated crew training box checked, the crew gets 2% extra XP plus the crew member with the least XP earns it twice as fast as the others.

But why would you not keep the tanks that you enjoy playing with?  :)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, IIRC for elite tanks with the accelerated crew training box checked, the crew gets 2% extra XP plus the crew member with the least XP earns it twice as fast as the others.

But why would you not keep the tanks that you enjoy playing with?  :)
Because I need the slots to advance in the tree, mostly.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you don't want to buy gold to get garage slots? I dont know about NA server but EU has an event this month that allows, for 31 days, to earn 30 gold a day. Enough to get 3 garage slots and then some more for detaching equipment.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you don't want to buy gold to get garage slots? I dont know about NA server but EU has an event this month that allows, for 31 days, to earn 30 gold a day. Enough to get 3 garage slots and then some more for detaching equipment.

Yep, those events are the raisins for me having more than one slot per country (and ofc crappy xmas tanks). The EU event isn't even really hard to attain.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've kept all the reward/prize tanks such as TOG, T7 CC so far. 36 tanks in the garage of which , 2 free slots...8 tanks with 0-2 games.

My combat car has good record: 1 game, victory, 0 damage taken and 0 damage done. I took it to a clan wars match and unloaded a belt on a T-62.  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:53:25 pm by Erkki »

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, buying gold is out of question for now. I just started playing again after a long time so I'm not yet up to date on the events, but I never heard of any such thing on the NA server,  and damn, 30 gold a day would allow me to free all my free exp and still get my hands on some other goodies.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 30 gold per day is running on NA servers, too.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Free XP on elite tanks is always FREE. I think you mean the fact that you can convert regular XP on elite tanks to free XP. I don't know if elite tanks have a higher free XP rate, though.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No elite tanks only let you channel the regular XP into your crew (only one memeber at a time) but leaving the free XP for use.

So basically elite tanks let your crew levelup 50% faster for 2 man tanks falling with the number of crew on the tank down to 16.7% with a 6 man tank.
And since the double experience bonus gets only applied to the least experienced crew member it's useful for letting your crew catch up and level at a similar pace.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time for venting because boy, does the Lorraine 39L sucks. It has the range, aim time and firing speed of a german SPG but none of the accuracy, and a terrible arc to boot. Any map that is not reasonably flat is a pain with that thing, and even when you have line of fire there's no guarantee at all you'll actually hit anything. I was thinking on saving my free xp to rush past the dreaded Lee but I'm thinking of using it now to get rid of this thing, because it has a 2k xp mediocre gun upgrade before I can pay 1k xp to unlock the next SPG.

Free XP on elite tanks is always FREE. I think you mean the fact that you can convert regular XP on elite tanks to free XP. I don't know if elite tanks have a higher free XP rate, though.
So is the free XP on regular tanks. And yes, maybe I read it wrong, but, when I got my first Elite there was a pop up saying elites gain their xp as free xp and I thought that meant free free xp, not just convertable regular xp.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can stomach the French arty line a bit further, the tier 8 and 9 ones are both among the 2 best arties of their tiers. And also very fast, allowing them to relocate or play a bit as ad hoc TDs.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Both the Batmobiles (Batchat) are amazing. The turret on the tier 10 SPG with the 4 round autoloader makes it a complete BEAST. The 1 minute reload time is pretty shite, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Why do people still bother with arty anways? Well, arty besides Bert, which was the only fun arty because it didn't play like arty, ie, it had some fucking consistency in what it did and how it did it.

Seriously, until they get off their ass and properly fix the entire class (and it can be done, but they're too lazy/incompetent to do it) it's really not better than playing slots or some other purely RNG based game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 251