Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 201849 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3735 on: September 15, 2015, 03:57:36 pm »

As far as I can tell, it being in WT is just rumours as it wasn't confirmed anywhere on the site. Meanwhile the WoT one has been know about for months now and is already in the game. So I'm not sure what your point there was, maybe flipping the games would make more sense?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3736 on: September 15, 2015, 10:07:03 pm »

>War Thunder is going to add Kanonenjagdpanzer.
>World Of Tanks adds Kanonenjagdpanzer.

Oookay.

>World of Tanks had T-34 since before it was released.
>Warthunder adds T-34 when it adds tanks.

Oookay.

Seriously, its not like World of tanks took some obscure prototype that Gaijin found and implemented it after warthunder did, The Kannonjagdpanzer is a real vehicle (Almost 800 built) and it isn't exactly new for Wargaming to add West German tanks, (Indien Panzer, Leopard 1) so its not exactly that surprising they might find a place for the Kannonjagdpanzer.  Stop nitpicking to fuel the Warthunder is better than World of Tanks circlejerk.  They are both games, play whatever the fuck one you want. Who gives a shit at this point?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:15:54 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3737 on: September 16, 2015, 09:22:12 am »

Seriously, its not like World of tanks took some obscure prototype that Gaijin found and implemented it after warthunder did, The Kannonjagdpanzer is a real vehicle (Almost 800 built) and it isn't exactly new for Wargaming to add West German tanks, (Indien Panzer, Leopard 1) so its not exactly that surprising they might find a place for the Kannonjagdpanzer.  Stop nitpicking to fuel the Warthunder is better than World of Tanks circlejerk.  They are both games, play whatever the fuck one you want. Who gives a shit at this point?
You're so wrong.
I play both games, I don't claim any is better than another. It's actually a good thing, because if there is rivarly between those two games on dev level, they're sure getting their asses together and making the game better. You're just being angry because someone mentioned War Thunder (which you may not like, dunno) in WoT thread.
As far as I can tell, it being in WT is just rumours as it wasn't confirmed anywhere on the site.
The rumours have so far been 100% accurate, so the "leak" is proably a thing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: December 01, 2015, 03:13:35 pm »

So they recently teased a new Czechoslovakian medium tank line on the test server last weekend.  A couple of them are similar to German tanks we already have, only with a different paint job and selection of guns.  So far that I've heard, only the last two tiers are that good, with the rest either average or bad.  This doesn't surprise me much.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: December 01, 2015, 05:56:20 pm »

You're so wrong.
I play both games, I don't claim any is better than another. It's actually a good thing, because if there is rivarly between those two games on dev level, they're sure getting their asses together and making the game better. You're just being angry because someone mentioned War Thunder (which you may not like, dunno) in WoT thread.
Dude. Re-read the post of yours that he was quoting. You phrased it to give the impression of WG ripping of Gaijin.

I'm disinterested in this argument, having uninstalled both WoT and WT with no desire to ever play either again, so I think it's fair for me to say that either you were deliberately trolling that post around as bait or you need to go back and think about what you said before getting all self-righteous.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3740 on: December 02, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

Not that I see a point in dragging out something from like three months ago.
But oookay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: December 02, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

World of Tanks had E100 before War Thunder was even considered.

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

As for the czechoslovakian tree... yey more F@$# autoloaders because the game really needs more of this trash.
And as far as i'm nconcernet the CZ/S T10 is a Leo with an autoloader.
Semi hard to play as (unless you want to rush and take one tank down with you and call it a day) and a bitch to play against.
That's every autoloader ever.
At this point i think i'd rather want to see more artillery than autoloaders.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:47:56 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: December 02, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

The only good part about the Czechoslovakian tree is how many people you can piss off by calling them Czech tanks.

Not that I see a point in dragging out something from like three months ago.
But oookay.
Sorry I didn't datecheck, but the constant fanboy whining is a permanent fixture in these two threads so I just assumed, oookay?

3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: December 02, 2015, 03:51:54 pm »

The only good part about the Czechoslovakian tree is how many people you can piss off by calling them Czech tanks.
Have a hint. When people start talking about Slovakia say that it's part of Poland and pretend that Slovakia and Silesia are the same thing.
Self promotion below.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: December 02, 2015, 04:02:42 pm »

Have a hint. When people start talking about Slovakia say that it's part of Poland and pretend that Slovakia and Silesia are the same thing.
*snrk*

That's just plain evil.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: December 28, 2015, 10:21:19 pm »

Well it took pretty much a year but I actually completed a section of the first (STUG IV's) grouping of personal missions, I doubt I'm going to get any of the others, since its just way to much effort for me and I barely put any effort into the game these days anyways, I didn't know what to do with the female crew member so just made her my T-44's commander.

Also Czech line doesn't seem too bad so far, just got the tier 5 today, it might be alright, though its still stock.   I rather liked the tier 3 on the line, despite being low tier that little autoloader is quite capable, especially as its more along the lines of the Chi-Ri's actually usable autoloader style.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: December 28, 2015, 10:47:09 pm »

The T5 would be alright, but for whatever reason they gave it a mindnumbingly long reload. It has the same damage output as the tier one MS-1. Nothing particularly bad about it otherwise, but it ends up feeling like a Pz3/4 with a damaged ammorack half the time.

The T6 is pretty fun though, it's like the aforementioned Chi-Ri, except smaller, faster, and a tier lower! Turns like a log, though.

Im currently finishing up the T7, but it's slow going. I dont get much time to play anymore, and the little time I do have I usually end up doing something more relaxing than tanks.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: December 28, 2015, 10:51:13 pm »

The czech line is not bad. It's basically "german" tanks for the first half and after that it's still "germans" but with autoloaders.
Almost everyone hates autoloaders and the czech tier 9-10 is basically a Leopard with an autoloader... and a better autoloader than the french 25 ton thingie at that.
Not sure how it compares to the merican heavy tank. I remember that thing being a 120 mm machinegun but i don't thing comparing it to a heavy is a good idea.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:53:35 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: January 19, 2016, 12:03:54 am »

Picked the game up again. Blogging necrobump ahoy!
Finally got over the abomination that is the Lorr39, and I'm in love with the AMX what's-her-name that comes after it. Like 4rpm, 60º horizontal arc and good range off the shelf? Please, sign me in.
In the british tree I unlocked the Matilda today. Slow and resolute like a turtle. A turtle that fires death and destruction from the top of it's back. But whose shell is made of paper. Very nice to play, but only when I get there before everybody's already dead.
Just unlocked the Lee in the American tree too. I thought I would hate it as much as the Lorr, but he's actually quite fun to play. Still having trouble driving while keeping aim with a turretless tank, but it goes fast, fires fast and packs quite a bit of punch at it. Not sure if I'll be thinking the same all the way until the next tank, but for now I like it.
And since I'm an autoloader-loving scrub I couldn't miss on the czech tree. Still stuck on their tier III, but one can dream.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Arise thread, cease your slumber for you have work to do!
Ahem,

I just downloaded this after reading the forums for some time for the technical informations about Armoured equipment, tactics, history etc. The forum requires you play a few games before being allowed to post so.... Pretty fun casual PvP game really, though I suspect I may have left a setting on that makes every opponent a bot since I havent died yet after a dozen games, maybe I just play too aggressively?
The alternative is that everyone at tier 1 is pretty inept.
What I love is that I can play this with my horrendous .25 second ping, minecraft absolutely butchers me with that kind of timing.
Anyone still playing?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:27:54 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251