Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 200535 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

And that's why I love the Batchat. Autoloader and turret at least makes it feel a lot less painful to use arty. And then there's Armored Warfare, which is supposed to fix the RNGness of arty. Early Access starting in 5 days or so.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do people still bother with arty anways? Well, arty besides Bert, which was the only fun arty because it didn't play like arty, ie, it had some fucking consistency in what it did and how it did it.

Seriously, until they get off their ass and properly fix the entire class (and it can be done, but they're too lazy/incompetent to do it) it's really not better than playing slots or some other purely RNG based game.
Eh, I just like staying in the back and playing the support role. Being(sometimes) able to hit people behind cover is also a nice plus.
I haven't gone down much far on any arty line though, but I do have that impression that any arty with less than 4rpm and which isn't german is gonna be a complete RNGfest(much like the Lorraine), which is why I decided to try my hand at the one-man barrage french line too.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Arty is the biggest salt mine to ever exist.

Meanwhile, I'm in the home stretch of the M3 Lee grind.  Only have to unlock the next two tanks at 14000 XP each.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I only recently discovered the dots when sniping as an arty aren't the edge of your shot radius, they're points where your shot could land. Very confusing at first.
Black lives matter.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got a 1(my first 1 ever) award with the Medium III. I wonder whether it's just so bad a tank most people just can't make good use of it unless they terribly luck out like I did  :P Seriously, the MII was just so pleasant to play, this mini-TOG is just depressing.

I only recently discovered the dots when sniping as an arty aren't the edge of your shot radius, they're points where your shot could land. Very confusing at first.
They also indicate the angle your shot is going to hit the target. Circular = nearly 90º = good(maximum penetration, can hit the soft spots on top of the turret and all), elliptical = flatter angle = meh(might bounce/not penetrate)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:32:15 pm by Uristides »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 9.8 update's out. New features include forming platoons mid-match, slight rebalancing, a second version of the game for people playing at maximum graphics, and visual displays for things like hits, bounces, and critical hits. The personal missions were changed so that you don't need platoons.

Also, the update seems to have brought out just the right combination of people for me to do really well in a bunch of matches.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does playing with friends bump you up in the matchmaking? I only play with friends and most of the time I'm matched against tanks that are 2 tiers above me. I can't even damage them! My winrate is an abysmal 38%. How do I not suck at this game?  :'(

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Are your friends playing with tanks 2 tiers above you? If so, that's probably why. :P
But if you platoon with high-tier tanks you do get put into matches with tiers fitting those tanks. It sometimes sucks but eh.
Black lives matter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

one of the tanks using scout tank matchmaking or arty matchmaking might also do it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does playing with friends bump you up in the matchmaking? I only play with friends and most of the time I'm matched against tanks that are 2 tiers above me. I can't even damage them! My winrate is an abysmal 38%. How do I not suck at this game?  :'(

Platoons are matched according to the tank with the highest possible tiering. A tier 6 and a tier 8 platooned will see tiers 6-10. A normal tier 4 and a tier 4 scout will see tiers 4-7(8?).

About your winrate: Look at things like average damage, average kills, and survival rate. If one is low, you should focus on improving it. For example, if you have a really low survival rate, try staying with people more.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah however matchmaking also tries to balance the number of platoons between the teams. And theres likely most platoons at tiers 8-10, tier 8 being the overall most played tier. Any lower than that and your platoon is probably a bit more likely to end up mid or bottom tier than top. But the that probably shouldnt be noticeable without taking notes out of hundreds of battles or otherwise tracking the games somehow.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3731 on: September 03, 2015, 05:51:26 pm »

So there is a Japanese Heavy Tank line now.

Most of them comically big and full of armor.

Also the fastest way to get a heavy tank (at tier 3), in terms of grind.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3732 on: September 03, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

Yep! The new line is decent, I havent heard opinions of the T9/10 so far (they probably aren't great, but I've been surprised before), but the T5 and T6 are actually very good!

The tier 5 gets a 300 damage gun (incredibly high), decent rate of fire, 700 hp, weighs 100 tons (you can ram-kill a KV-1 from full hp with enough momentum), and has a very nice cruising speed of 30-35kmh. The armor is poor, but 75mm is still enough to bully tier 3/4s and not get eaten by HE shells. The T6 gets what is basically the KV-2's derp gun, 150mm frontal armor, and much better gun handling than the KV-2.

In general the line also has pretty massive modules, which mean they are very hard to take out. For example, since they all use the same engine, the tier 5's engine has as much health as the E-100's. This makes module damage noticeably less frequent than any other tanks.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: September 15, 2015, 03:35:25 pm »

Well that E-25 mission was fairly easy, easier then even the Dicker Max mission ages ago, so I now have a tier 7 premium that I'll probably only use once in awhile.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3734 on: September 15, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »

>War Thunder is going to add Kanonenjagdpanzer.
>World Of Tanks adds Kanonenjagdpanzer.

Oookay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251