Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 103759 times)

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:19 pm »

I'll be having some spare time in the next week or so to run through some forts and pin down what could/should be done, and I'd love to actually have a completed sheet. So if the sprites all work (I don't see why they wouldn't), then Solifuge willing, I may place his spritesheet as the default. Maybe if I suddenly get inspired to do some spritework I can finish haggle's spritesheet, since while I know it isn't quite complete, I don't think there are that many missing sprites if my faulty memory serves. Not a priority though, as long as there's at least 1 completed spriteset.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #361 on: January 11, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »

I think they are all there. You have to delete that Guard and Royalguard entries though, they dont exist in 34 anymore. They popped up in my errorlog when I tested this, just replace all guard and royalguard entries with "default", thats it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but I made some changes on the mod.

Next version of masterwork, which I will upload today (V.2f) will have this:

- Kobold specific embark profile
 - Kobold language
 - Kobold sprites
 - 13 workshops, 3 furnaces, and a couple hundret reactions, taken from masterwork mod. Mostly farming and furniture themed.
 - Wooden mechanisms (seems kind of important), querns and millstones
 - About 100 new reaction for tanner, kitchen, still, craftsbold, screwpress and quern/millstone.
 - Upgrade system for leather, scale, shell and chitin armor. Taken from masterwork, guess kobolds will benefit from this the most.
 - Simple caste system. Every fourth kobold will be good at a specific skill, but learn all others slower.

I seperated the vanilla buildings, the kobold camp buildings and the masterwork buildings very clearly ingame. Would be great if you could have a look and see if you need anything for here. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but I made some changes on the mod.

Next version of masterwork, which I will upload today (V.2f) will have this:

- Kobold specific embark profile
 - Kobold language
 - Kobold sprites
 - 13 workshops, 3 furnaces, and a couple hundret reactions, taken from masterwork mod. Mostly farming and furniture themed.
 - Wooden mechanisms (seems kind of important), querns and millstones
 - About 100 new reaction for tanner, kitchen, still, craftsbold, screwpress and quern/millstone.
 - Upgrade system for leather, scale, shell and chitin armor. Taken from masterwork, guess kobolds will benefit from this the most.
 - Simple caste system. Every fourth kobold will be good at a specific skill, but learn all others slower.

I seperated the vanilla buildings, the kobold camp buildings and the masterwork buildings very clearly ingame. Would be great if you could have a look and see if you need anything for here. :)

Oh, yeah, I'll definitely take a look and likely implement a lot of that stuff when I get around to it. I once did have a kobold embark profile and language, although the profiles I lost interest in since often things won't be available to a certain region and you have to go in and buy stuff anyway. And the language I may have just not worked on, but I did that DF language generator while attempting to keep the normal [GIBBERISH] language feel, and while that certainly kept a lot of the syllables together, it did make the names exceedingly long. I'll see what you've got for both though like I say, and I certainly am interested in all of those remaining reactions.

Wooden mechanisms SHOULD be in kobold camp as is in some building or another, but it has been awhile since that section was tested. God knows there's been a lot of modding that just up and vanished because ???

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »

So is this at all functional? I tried making a bone spear in the scrimshaw, apparently I produced a sling instead.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Tark

• Bay Watcher
  • on what even did not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:10 am »

Guess I should post this in here too. I updated those cutebold sprites, added quite a few more jobs. These're meant for the MW but hell they would work for this too!
http://filesmelt.com/dl/KC_Alternative_Graphics2.7z
Still have a few more to do though, expect an update sometime I guess.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2013, 04:27:56 am »

Got more reports like the one by squeegy. Your scrimshawer tries to make ITEM_WEAPON_KOBOLD_DAGGER or ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_KOBOLD but they dont exist in your raws.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2013, 02:54:35 am »

The scrimshawer definitely has some weird things going on.  I'll admit that I've been away from DF for a little while, so I may be not perfectly helpful on this, but here's what I'm seeing as problems:

Craft Bone Sword: I don't actually see a sword in the kobold item list at all.  There IS a training machete so the idea is probably to have a machete.
Craft Bone Spear: Spears have been replaced with pointy sticks, so I believe the code could be replaced as follows
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Craft Bone Dagger: Same issue as the machete, we've got a training dagger but no actual dagger.
Craft Bone/Shell Hammer: There also isn't a bone/shell hammer under item_kobold, though there are bone throwing hammers which don't appear to be listed as a kobold reaction.
Craft Bone Chopper: Choppers appear to be incorrectly referenced as ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_CHOPPERS. 
Craft Bone Shovel: Looks to be in order to me!

I'm not sure about ranged weapons (as I was pretty much just looking at the basic melee bone weapons) but I think those are the major scrimshawer problems.  I'm not sure if this is the case in game, but I'm also noticing that item_kobold has a banded skirt, shin guards, and a shield, but no chest armor.  That also could be a matter of design choice.  If there is anything I can help with for Kobold Camp, please let me know!  I'm trying to get back into playing and would be happy to assist

Also, I was planning on looking at the kobold items to add in interesting attack-descriptions there (definitely for my own amusement, possibly to offer if KC or Masterwork wanted them), but don't yet know what the strings mean.  I'm sure you both have more important things to do, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:01:11 am by CaptainKobold »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2013, 03:06:32 am »

Lagotrope said that he was working on fixing it and releasing a new version.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »

Yes, I didn't realize the scrimshawer was so messed up. At some point I made a bunch of name changes to item_weapon_kobold and didn't make the appropriate changes elsewhere, a rather amazing mistake that makes me wonder if I didn't just completely accidentally copy/paste an old raw.

I'm still doing some playtests and all that, although I should likely make a patch soon just to fix that sort of thing. Since while KC's gotten rough around the edges, the scrimshaw is just borked.

I'm not sure about ranged weapons (as I was pretty much just looking at the basic melee bone weapons) but I think those are the major scrimshawer problems.  I'm not sure if this is the case in game, but I'm also noticing that item_kobold has a banded skirt, shin guards, and a shield, but no chest armor.  That also could be a matter of design choice.  If there is anything I can help with for Kobold Camp, please let me know!  I'm trying to get back into playing and would be happy to assist

Also, I was planning on looking at the kobold items to add in interesting attack-descriptions there (definitely for my own amusement, possibly to offer if KC or Masterwork wanted them), but don't yet know what the strings mean.  I'm sure you both have more important things to do, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

I certainly will accept help when offered, but as mentioned, I am currently playtesting just to see what does need doing to clean up things. Although, if you do drop some raws for attack descriptions (or anything for that matter) then I will peruse them and most likely put them in.

Speaking of that, I still need to successfully put in solifuge's spritesheet. Attempting it once just led to the default 'k' for kobold graphics. Ever since 2010 it sort of felt like sometimes the graphics wouldn't work for no reason whatsoever, but maybe that's only been a problem with me.

From the graphic files Meph left, I changed the initial text to match the spritesheet at /solifuge/kobold.png:

Everything else in the raw is copy/pasted and wasn't changed. If someone knows offhand how I messed it up, that would be great.

Guess I should post this in here too. I updated those cutebold sprites, added quite a few more jobs.

Awesome. I'm not sure why I took the original graphics out, but that's been par for the course lately. I'll be putting them back in, when graphics start cooperating for me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:15:10 pm by Lagotrope »

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »

After hunting everything around me to death, i realised i need to mod in a bacon tree with my new(ish) modding experience... if i do find out how to do a bacon tree, can i post the RAWs here?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

fishsicles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

So, is there going to be an ASCII version of this?
It comes well recommended, but I can never figure out what things are in tilesets. I tried disabling graphics in init.txt, but it seems ineffective.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:58:53 am by fishsicles »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2013, 01:32:18 pm »

I somehow feel bad about this, but there is an ascii version of the kobold camp I include in the masterwork mod. Its a different kobold experience however. I rewrote it from scratch, only the name stayed.

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »

Posted my bug in the wrong thread.

I'm using the updated version of Masterwork, but nothing appears to have changed except for Embark Profiles. Spiders let Trolls rampage past without webbing them, and my Kobolds constantly complain about not having a path to clean. It's insanely frustrating.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »

Ahriman... this is the wrong thread. I know it can be confusing, but I wrote my own kobold camp version for masterwork. I included this one here first, but it was too buggy and too unfinished, so I wrote my own one.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26