Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 105037 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.3, for DF 31.25 last update 10/19/2011)
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2011, 10:26:00 am »

To start clay economy you can use ash too :P.

Indeed, it's all hilariously broken on that front. Maybe I'll put kobolds back to default size. Probably not.

I like small, wimpy kobolds. just my two cents, obviously  :P

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2011, 11:30:19 am »

I like small, wimpy kobolds. just my two cents, obviously  :P

As do I, but the vanilla size of a kobold is 20000. For reference, a dwarf is at 60000. A dog is at 30000. They're bigger than a cat which is at 5000, but nevertheless, it seems that if we take body sizes literally, a kobold in vanilla DF is about a foot and a half tall.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2011, 11:30:58 am »

(Double posted somehow)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:17:21 pm by Lagotrope »

chemioterapia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2011, 11:58:49 am »

I have few ideas
- Hardened leather armor, gloves, shoes and pants. 1 piece of hardend leather will be made from 4 leather and 3 wax, armor will need 2 hardened leather while other will need only 1.
-Wooden clogs, just shoes but when glazed it can be used as armor but it slows kobolds.
-Poisonous ammo, stronger and causing syndromes. Maybe new plant that grows really slow.
-Studded toys, made from leather and wools. Maybe just more valuable than regular toy's and craft's.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:33:51 pm by chemioterapia »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 25, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

the corrosion mod has wood&clay slabs reaction  :P

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 25, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »

the corrosion mod has wood&clay slabs reaction  :P

Yes, the reactions using wood and clay and all that are fine and easy to implement, the issue is actually preventing some uses; i.e. building with raw clay being the main one. Unless that's exactly what you meant, in which case whoops to me.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 25, 2011, 03:35:29 pm »

they don't resolve building with clay, it's for another issue: dead merchants not being entombed even with the body available so they leave a ghost scaring the bejesus out of kobolds

no stones, no slabs, so I've incorporated the wood&clay slab from corrosion in my install. they are a nice addition, so I did want to share the info there to other kobolders

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 25, 2011, 03:39:43 pm »

they don't resolve building with clay, it's for another issue: dead merchants not being entombed even with the body available so they leave a ghost scaring the bejesus out of kobolds

no stones, no slabs, so I've incorporated the wood&clay slab from corrosion in my install. they are a nice addition, so I did want to share the info there to other kobolders

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, it won't resolve the issue of clay making kobold camp's too easy, but I wasn't aware that dead merchants would be an issue, so if that's a workaround, then I'll toss that on the to-do list for that issue.

I have few ideas
- Hardened leather armor, gloves, shoes and pants. 1 piece of hardend leather will be made from 4 leather and 3 wax, armor will need 2 hardened leather while other will need only 1.
-Wooden clogs, just shoes but when glazed it can be used as armor but it slows kobolds.
-Poisonous ammo, stronger and causing syndromes. Maybe new plant that grows really slow.
-Studded toys, made from leather and wools. Maybe just more valuable than regular toy's and craft's.

I'll keep these in mind, though some of them, mainly the poisonous ammo, aren't feasible with current modding abilities to my knowledge. Hopefully this'll change eventually, I do like the idea of kobolds using poison darts and the like.

gazoko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

Just popping in to say thanks for the mod, great fun after making forts was getting kind of easy, it's been 2 years and all I got is messhall/head kobolds room, a small housing apartment and a hospital system, not to mention the useless caravans I get! A real challenge, having to micromanage to get any food made and to stop them straying into herds of giraffe :P. Might go back to vanilla and make some crazy fort, but I want to see this one through first  :D!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

I'm not sure if it's possible to modify the "Melting" code, but nonetheless, here's an idea: Give kobolds a recycling reaction that essentially replaces "Melt." It would let them, without using any fuel, reduce metal equipment to "scrap" (as opposed to bars) that they can use to make crude equipment. Stuff made from scrap would have a lower value than regular equipment, and a higher weight, but otherwise function the same. This way, kobolds can produce metal without having to rely solely on bars from caravans.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:41:22 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »

I'm not sure if it's possible to modify the "Melting" code, but nonetheless, here's an idea: Give kobolds a recycling reaction that essentially replaces "Melt." It would let them, without using any fuel, reduce metal equipment to "scrap" (as opposed to bars) that they can use to make crude equipment. Stuff made from scrap would have a lower value than regular equipment, and a higher weight, but otherwise function the same. This way, kobolds can produce metal without having to rely solely on bars from caravans.
I think this is a good idea, and possible with a few reactions.  The only trouble I can see with it is that the 'melt' designation would be ignored, and any old thing might be reduced to scrap.  So you'd have to forbid any weapons or armor any time you didn't want them recycled.  A scrap pile next to the workshop might be plenty though, as long as the recycler wasn't carrying any items.  Regardless, I'd recommend making a new material for each type of 'scrap,' and giving each of these stats which are slightly inferior to their counterparts.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.  Love the mod, and follow it even when I'm not playing DF.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC version 1.4, for DF 34.01 last update 02/18/2012)
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:29 am »

New version is up, but it is literally just a hacked together port, as I don't have much time these days. So, the only testing I did was to make sure the game didn't crash horribly upon fort/adventurer mode. The errorlog does spew out many lines of errors (skeleton/zombie are no longer valid graphic tags I guess), but nothing critical I saw.

I only tried adventurer mode enough to see it works, kobold outsider seemed to behave as it should, and a kobold belonging to a civilization seemed to, except that the starting town didn't seem to have anyone inside. But I found a sewer entrance, went in, and got my butt kicked by a mummy, so it still works like it should.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »

I would like to ask if I can merge this into my Mod? I want to make kobolds playable as well as Dwarves and Humans. And you have the style I like them to be played as.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »

I'm downloading the newest version now!  Thank you for keeping this alive, Lagotrope!

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »

Hmmm... I can't seem to find Bone Armor in this new version.  Was it taken out before and I just missed that?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26