Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get rid of my companions?  (Read 4843 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
How do I get rid of my companions?
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:27:27 pm »

They keep hogging all my rightful kills! I want to be a loner.... or perhaps just one dude female  ;).

So, how do I get rid of them?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get rid of my companions?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:31:22 pm »

Spoiler: Like This (click to show/hide)

Or just kill them

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »

Try sleeping somewhere and fast travelling out before any of them come into view.  I have managed to leave behind a few companions this way (who then come back next time I sleep there).

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:55:09 pm »

What manners of repercussion can one expect to come about after killing them?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 01:07:50 pm »

I think killing companions makes the whole civilization against you

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 01:24:03 pm »

I might think twice about that, on account of reduced quest availability.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 01:38:48 pm »

seek out a minotaur labyrinth. if they prove to tough for our horny friend, use dfusion to dispose of their weapons and armor

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 01:50:02 pm »

seek out a minotaur labyrinth. if they prove to tough for our horny friend, use dfusion to dispose of their weapons and armor
or better yet use DFFusion swap to them and travel out of the area like one space(or a town/lair if you don't want to end up searching for your original adventurer) and swap to a random non-companion and walk you butt back to your original adventurer hopefully you found a nice town/ lair to 'retire' them in and you could if you ever feel the need to have them back you could always walk back to the spot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 01:51:21 pm »

My usual method is to wait until the random goblin/kobold ambushes slaughter the group, while I sneak away.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 12:26:25 am »

Spoiler: Like This (click to show/hide)

Or just kill them

Do it. I know I did. Work my ass off destroying 6 of the brains in a hydra, only to have a maceman who just made it to battle swing and kill the thing, by smashing the last brain. I immediately swung at him, only to have him actually be ballsy enough to announce he is, blah blah blah, slayer of the damn hydra he just stole from me, only to immediately get his head cleaved clean off by the time his mouth shut.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 01:03:34 am »

I think you used to be able to get rid of your companions by retiring, but that doesn't work anymore.

I tried with my last adventurer's crossbowwoman, who became the definition of "space-filler". For a while she was pretty kickass, causing a lot of fatal or debilitating injuries, but then she got her leg cut off at the shin, greatly reducing her speed, and even more irritating ran out of bolts. Since I couldn't given her any of the bolts or crutches I found, she would literally just stand at the back while everyone else fought. She survived an ambush and like four bandit raids like that, and even outlived my adventurer (though according to Legends, she was killed with the rest of the group after that).