Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrestling Moves  (Read 9433 times)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrestling Moves
« on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:28 pm »

So, after kosher butchering and strangling-to-death a congregation of nude wrestlers, I came to wonder...how do all the wrestling moves work?

Obviously, strangling targets the throat and causes suffocation after passing out. But what does a take-down do? A throw?
And what else is there, further up the skill levels and on different body parts?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling Moves
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »

Well... I'm no expert since I had had only one dedicated wrestler so far, but yeah, that's about it - wrestling allows for choking, breaking limbs and such, taking down enemies and even throwing them. As far as I know, a take-down takes the enemy down (as an equivalent of knocking over) and a throw flings the enemy, for example, off a cliff, into a river or a wall.

Also, I've never seen enemies use many moves. They seem to prefer breaking limbs and sometimes taking things down, but no chokeholds or such.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:11:08 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:07 pm »

After some experimentation, I have to say: Heh, Pinching!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 06:16:29 pm »

Arena mode has an adventurer mode inside it too for maximum experimentation. You need to be like a giant or something to throw people several tiles away. Personally my favourite move is to grab their weapon with a free hand, then knock them down (by cutting their leg off or more wrestling) so I keep hold of their weapon. Alternatively I could have 'I'nteracted with the grabbed weapon to attempt to disarm my opponent but they can break free.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Valdus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »

All I have managed to do is strangle and break limbs.  Can you break necks too?

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 06:23:09 pm »

Arena mode has an adventurer mode inside it too for maximum experimentation. You need to be like a giant or something to throw people several tiles away. Personally my favourite move is to grab their weapon with a free hand, then knock them down (by cutting their leg off or more wrestling) so I keep hold of their weapon. Alternatively I could have 'I'nteracted with the grabbed weapon to attempt to disarm my opponent but they can break free.

You can also attack their feet. They seem to be vulnerable more often than legs and still make them drop like potato bags if sufficiently damaged. Also, more 'cut off' results, for me at least.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:32:47 pm »

You can gouge eyes too.

I also read in some topic, that if you're strong enough you can for example rip someone's throat with your hand. Or if you're really strong (troll-strong or better) you can crush enemies heads (try pinching ;)).

I almost forgot. If you bite someone and latch firmly, using wrestling allows you to shake them. My dwarf ripped a nightcreature's head like that once !

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »

Wrestling is full of useful things.

Grab Throat -> Choke -> Strangle. Then they pass out. And instead of strangling them to death, you can just smash their heads in. It's a five-round-death-technique  :D

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:38:58 pm »

Four actually.
Grab throat - Choke - Strangle - Kill.
You don't need to release to kill someone.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 06:42:16 pm »

True, but on some rare occasions it takes more than one strangling to really convince them. So I kinda took an average value of two turns for that  :)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 08:43:45 pm »

Also, I've never seen enemies use many moves. They seem to prefer breaking limbs and sometimes taking things down, but no chokeholds or such.

Well, I was just choked to death by a dragon. I expected to be torn to pieces or burned to death, but the beast just grabbed my neck with its left wing and choked me to death. I also met a troll who hurled his maul at me, and when I ducked it, he proceeded to break every possible bone with wrestling moves.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 08:51:34 pm »

Everytime i time to wrrestle it doesnt do anything, all it does is grab a bodypart ;/ then i can just release it

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:04 pm »

biting is fun, each tooth seems to latch on firmly to another part of your opponent's body  :o

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Everytime i time to wrrestle it doesnt do anything, all it does is grab a bodypart ;/ then i can just release it

Well, to dislocate a limb, you must grab it on two places, then you will see more options in the menu, like throws, joint dislocations, takedown, etc. The one exception is when you grab a throat, you can proceed to choke it and then you can strangle your opponent. Also, if you manage to grab a head with your hand (not forearm), you can try to gouge eyes out.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:24 pm »

I had a wrestler who could throw any normal sized human a couple tiles away, also could try littler things like a million miles away. Wrestling is even better if you have a teammate who wrestles, tag team that outlaw.
Pages: [1] 2