Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 386551 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

There's no need to. DFHack R5 already includes the plugin needed cor isoworld to communicate with DF, and the standalone program is still compatible.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ptw

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's really amazing how this works almost perfectly with the new release without any changes. The only issue is that most trees and buildings are white, I wonder what could fix that..

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

That just needs new color configs

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was the easiest but most tedious thing ever.

I went ahead and colored everything added in the update, as well as gave each type of tree its respective color. Trees don't look homogenous anymore. Also, I found rivers to be very hard to spot or see, so I changed the palette a little bit to make them stand out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32146097/material_colors.7z

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Awesome. I was going to do that by copying what was done for stonesense, but you just saved me a ton of work.

Also, all that and no screenshots? For shame.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, man it's almost 2:00 AM and I'm tired after hours of getting colors. I seem to have missed some stuff anyways, so I'll get back to it tomorrow and then show some screenshots.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to load any maps. I don't want to play the game with this, i just wanted to see these maps. is there a fix to this?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

The map names changed in 0.40.09. I'll release a fix in the next few days that should take care of it.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wondering, how does the oversized thing work?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Same was stonesense works, but very scaled down.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finished up, and here's a pic to go along with the colors. Only editing done was adding the text and making brooks blue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and here's the colors.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:49:52 am by Freak2121 »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I finished up, and here's a pic to go along with the colors. Only editing done was adding the text and making brooks blue.

and here's the colors.

That looks masterful.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile

I mostly play adventure mode, so this has been my favorite visualizer since it adds scope to the epic cities and sites of the game....

in the spirit of epic sites, i mapped out a couple... i'm working on getting full shots of all the new sites, but i only have goblin and human (yes i know they are old, but this visualizer is so goddamn cool i couldn't help it)

Spoiler: human village (click to show/hide)

i wasn't able to finish the goblin site because you can't fast travel and i was getting sleepy, so i went over to the towers and here is a quick glimpse of the epicness!!!
Spoiler: goblin towers (click to show/hide)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Kostyan1996

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: IsoWorld - And Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.0! Detaile maps!
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2014, 09:28:53 am »

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I still getting "Program stopped running" crash.
If I understand right, I can view .bmp maps even without running DF, but in lower resolution. Still, crash.
I exported 4 maps:
region1-00125-01-01-bm.bmp
region1-00125-01-01-el.bmp
region1-00125-01-01-elw.bmp
region1-00125-01-01-str.bmp
Then I launch Isoworld, choose one of this images and program crash. Same for my friend. Can you help me? Ask for additional information, if you need it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30