Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 386329 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: IsoWorld - And Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.0! Detaile maps!
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:05 am »

You need to rename them to the old naming sceme for it to work, though it's not supposed to crash.

I really need to update this to use the new names, but I'm really busy with a lot of other things.

Kostyan1996

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2014, 11:07:38 am »

Oh, okay, but what are old names for this files? I can't find any in this topic.
---
Tried old version maps, worked for me. But how I suppose to load detailed version? I can't understand. On the old version connection failed, on new version maps crashing Isoworld.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:06:25 pm by Kostyan1996 »

majiin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »

Hi!
Few days ago I started working on a simple commandline app written in C to stitch IsoWorld tiles into one big image. There were some problems like crashes on really big pngs (LodePNG) so I'm switching to libpng. The plan is to release it as open source - need to finish libpng migration, cleanup the code, add some options (everything is harcoded right now) and other stuff.

The results so far:
Here is resized 6x6 area of a pocket world (17x17), text added in GIMP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fullsize PNG (9215x4768): http://www.mediafire.com/download/39kts4xn8uad9z4/Osmlo_Olzul.png

You need to rename them to the old naming sceme for it to work, though it's not supposed to crash.

I really need to update this to use the new names, but I'm really busy with a lot of other things.
It crashed on my end (64bit Gentoo linux) I think gdb was pointing to al_path_cstr in allegro lib - can provide backtrace if needed - but that clearly leads to new naming scheme, also there was a small error while compiling (tested with gcc 4.8.3 and 4.9.1):
fixed by adding c/cxx flag -fpermissive

Thank you guys for your hard work!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:55:28 pm by majiin »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

Hi!
Few days ago I started working on a simple commandline app written in C to stitch IsoWorld tiles into one big image. There were some problems like crashes on really big pngs (LodePNG) so I'm switching to libpng. The plan is to release it as open source - need to finish libpng migration, cleanup the code, add some options (everything is harcoded right now) and other stuff.

The results so far:
Here is resized 6x6 area of a pocket world (17x17), text added in GIMP:
Full size PNG (9215x4768): http://www.mediafire.com/download/39kts4xn8uad9z4/Osmlo_Olzul.png

It crashed on my end (64bit Gentoo linux) I think gdb was pointing to al_path_cstr in allegro lib - can provide backtrace if needed - but that clearly leads to new naming scheme, also there was a small small error while compiling (tested with gcc 4.8.3 and 4.9.1):
fixed by adding c/cxx flag -fpermissive

Thank you guys for your hard work!

Fuck yeah, this was pretty much the only thing I've been missing from Isoworld. I'm looking forward to this.
Will there be an option to delete images from Isoworld folders once the image is stitched? Isoworld tends to start lagging hard after you have a large amount of images to load, so it would be nice to stitch large images in batches and delete the already stitched parts from the Isoworld folders.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2014, 11:21:15 pm »

damn that looks awesome!!!!  :o

can't wait to try it out on some larger worlds... would this work on 34.11 (i'm thinking it would, but its always safe to ask)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2014, 11:31:04 pm »

Yes, it will work with 34.11, but the trees won't look as nice.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2014, 11:49:21 pm »

That looks amazing!

Japa, is there an ETA for (native) compatibility with maps exported from 0.40.09 and later?  I've been getting a fair few questions about it from the starter pack, and I had thought it was planned a while ago.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2014, 01:44:08 am »

No real ETA. I need to find the time to do it, or somebody else who wants to help can do it. Either way.

majiin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2014, 03:43:12 am »

Fuck yeah, this was pretty much the only thing I've been missing from Isoworld. I'm looking forward to this.
Will there be an option to delete images from Isoworld folders once the image is stitched? Isoworld tends to start lagging hard after you have a large amount of images to load, so it would be nice to stitch large images in batches and delete the already stitched parts from the Isoworld folders.
No, but you can move IsoWorld tiles directory to your own location (there will be an option to use custom dir)

Kostyan1996

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2014, 07:13:19 am »

Can you answer me, please? How did you managed this to work? I can't understand what foulder I should copy and where. I am using DF Starter Pack r4 and when I pressing button "connect" nothing happens. Also, there is no "hack" foulder in Isoworld. What should I do?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:21 am »

No, but you can move IsoWorld tiles directory to your own location (there will be an option to use custom dir)
All I need. Good to know.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

robvitaro

• Escaped Lunatic
  • author, programmer, gamer
    • View Profile
    • robvitaro.com
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2014, 01:44:41 pm »

Can someone point us in the right direction as to what the old naming scheme is?
I'm an author, programmer and gamer. You can see my work at my website, robvitaro.com
Download my original fantasy novel, By the Light of the Moons, available on Amazon Kindle.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:52 pm »

Old naming scheme:

world_graphic-<kind of map>-region<#>-<world age>-<numbers, fuck if I know what they mean>.bmp

New naming scheme:

region<#>-<fucking numbers again>-<kind of map>.bmp

The important thing is the region, and the kind of map (elevation, structures, biome, etc).
Don't know about the numbers, maybe world size, age, etc
For details, just generate worlds in 34.11 and 40.11, export the maps and compare for yourselves.

Edit: If someone has the time, the relevant code appears to be in main.cpp starting at line 226
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:58:15 pm by CLA »

robvitaro

• Escaped Lunatic
  • author, programmer, gamer
    • View Profile
    • robvitaro.com
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »

Awesome, thank you CLA
I'm an author, programmer and gamer. You can see my work at my website, robvitaro.com
Download my original fantasy novel, By the Light of the Moons, available on Amazon Kindle.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »

The numbers in the new filenames are the date, in the format YYYYY-MM-DD. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30