Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug or feature?  (Read 1651 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
Bug or feature?
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:56:00 am »

Occasionally goblins come to my fortress in raids together with a dwarf or human.

Strangely enough, the goblins and the other do not go well together and they begin fighting.

Does this sound like a bug, or is it that the others just happened to run come onto the map at the same time?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:01:24 am »

Bug or feature?

Yes :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:18:22 pm »

During Worldgen, Goblins will snatch the children of other species, just like they do with the children in your fortress. Over years and years, these hostages grow up as citizens of the gobbo empire that took them, get married to each other, have children, and eventually completely displace their goblin "masters."

In older versions, it was quite common for a "goblin" fortress to have only one or two goblins in it while the rest of the 100 or so residents are non-goblins.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 03:03:39 pm »

if they are fighting each other, it is a bug.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:49 am »

I'm playing a map I downloaded off the forums that this is occuring on. Goblins show up with humans that are enemies to them, it reveals the ambush, the human get murdered, then my guys want to go pick up the dead body. Since it's someone else's map I have no idea if they pissed with the raws.

Savaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:39 am »

As said before, on worldgen goblins will snatch children who will grow up to join the ranks of the goblin fortress. They sometimes show up in raids.

Also, I've heard tales of snatched dwarven children (From a player fort, not worldgen) returning in a goblin siege after they've grown up, but I'm not sure if it's true.