Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Creature lairs = new player homes?  (Read 4261 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Creature lairs = new player homes?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »

Yeah, it's about time to start thinking about adventure furniture crafting.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:30 pm »

My party of peasants tore apart a vulture horde. Just crafted a ton of barrels(Thanks for the barrel recipe, Deon!) to store all of the meat in.
I also tanned and stored the leather.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »

Wanderers mod has barrels and bins. I use it to store corpses in (little trophies) and ocasionally bandits have chest for money

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 05:42:57 pm »

Man, I sure wish Toady put a bunch of people saying "don't travel alone at night or the bogeymen will get you" in the game. :x
Why would that be necessary? It should be common knowledge in-game. That would be like if you said "Don't jump out into the freeway" to random people that you met. It's good advice, but people should already know it. (The player may not, but that is rectified quickly!)
Actually several peasants HAVE told me not to travel at night, as bogeymen would come after me.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 06:14:18 pm »

Man, I sure wish Toady put a bunch of people saying "don't travel alone at night or the bogeymen will get you" in the game. :x
Why would that be necessary? It should be common knowledge in-game. That would be like if you said "Don't jump out into the freeway" to random people that you met. It's good advice, but people should already know it. (The player may not, but that is rectified quickly!)
Actually several peasants HAVE told me not to travel at night, as bogeymen would come after me.
But the point is  they don't say *alone*.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 08:05:22 pm »

But the point is  they don't say *alone*.
Bogeyman and night creatures can come even when you're not alone, its just less common.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:44 am »

For some reason I've noticed that boogeymen seem to attack on certain months at rapid times, like i'll be attacked alot one month, then none the next.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 03:01:29 am »

For some reason I've noticed that boogeymen seem to attack on certain months at rapid times, like i'll be attacked alot one month, then none the next.
They probably have month-long holidays, like Ramadan.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 03:02:15 am »

Hmm I've discovered something interesting. I embarked on a night creature lair and killed it in fortress mode then made some stuff in another part of the embark and placed stuff in the lair section of the embark and in the rest of it. The stuff in the rest of the embark scattered when I abandoned, however anything on the 1x1 lair tile stayed in place(stuff did end up being scattered on to it but it stayed after that) even after visiting it with different adventurers the stuff that ended up there stayed.
Ok, now that can be useful. But when you say "1x1 lair tile", do you mean the single entrance tile to the lair (that the adventurer compass points at when you get a quest to it) or the entire lair map tile?
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 05:54:11 am »

wait so if we embark on top of it would that scatter those lairs?
if so then so much for installing a Hot tub, and a Masterbed room for when I want to rest up before I send my men out to kill a Demon.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 12:56:52 pm »

Ok toady has confirmed some of the special properties of Night-creature lairs:

Quote from: Heph
Did i get that right (since the question came up   on the forum) That creature lairs behave as "Player created side" and   stuff in there does in fact not scatter around?

They   are even stronger than player forts in that respect -- in order to   maintain a bit of gore for the time being, items are not moved or rotted   inside the lairs, and there's a special flag for it.  In that sense,   they are good places to store things and sleep (up to interference by   whatever bugs).
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 2 [3]