Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: UristMcGamer cancels write game: can't think of plot  (Read 1517 times)

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UristMcGamer cancels write game: can't think of plot
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 09:18:03 pm »

I have an idea. It may be too hard to work with, though. So here it is.

The player character is a hero, but gets bored with his home country since he has smitten all the evil and has won the affection of all the ladies he ever wanted. He has a mixed reputation in his home country, but the player only gets snippets of it as the game goes on. So, he travels to a foreign country, where the game takes place. It could be some strange feudal-medieval Japan sort of society, except there is magic and giant robots and demons strewn about. However, these are rare and most of the populace are illiterate peasants. The hero, who does not speak the native language, lands in the country, comes to a village, and fights demons (a convenient place to put a tutorial). He seals them away, and tries to talk to some of the peasants. They are grateful, but a bit weary of the stranger, not having seen anything like him. Distraught, the hero goes to a pub, since all humans eventually find something to brew. There, a shady figure who was watching him approaches. It is a lord of some sort, and the leader of a rebellion against the current ruler.

Long story short, the hero has to fight royal guards, and can only speak to the lord, since he is the only one who speaks the hero's language. As the game progresses, perhaps the hero could learn the language and find out that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are my ideas. I hope they help.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: UristMcGamer cancels write game: can't think of plot
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 11:03:52 pm »

I've got a WAY off-the-handle plot:

As of <release date>, Japan has moved to a system of government in which all citizens meet in town halls to debate the proper courses of action, in lieu of any elected or appointed officials. This is the story of those meetings.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 [2]