Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 62088 times)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.06
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 01:26:45 am »

Regarding the Abaddon bleeding -- why don't you simply make their blood boil at room temperature? It will not be deadly because it is room temperature, and then they will not leave blood pools everywhere.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2010, 01:40:48 am »

Regarding the Abaddon bleeding -- why don't you simply make their blood boil at room temperature? It will not be deadly because it is room temperature, and then they will not leave blood pools everywhere.
I simply made their blood gas instead of liquid. That way it work even with temperature off. Visually impressive, btw.

HERE is Intensifying mod version 0.07 BETA, released for testing propose without any in-depth analysis nor explanation whatsoever. Have fun and report bugs.

Installation steps:
1) Optional: If you want to play this with phoebus, install phoebus then copy the content of folder "Phoebus support" as provided in this download to your DF folder
2) Empty raw\objects
3) Copy the content of folder "IM" to your DF folder
4) Optional: If you want to play this with fortress defense mod, copy the content of folder "FD support" to your DF folder

EDIT: Holy crap, I finally got to play in DAYS!! Wooo!!

EDIT2: testing for elf to spawn... 800 FPS

EDIT3: Fortress Defense + expensive equipment + complex steel production = tears of joy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:07:15 pm by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »

Though, you made lignite and peat the same color. May want to change that(I'm playing without any graphic set).
Done. Lignite will look like coal as it should and peat got its vanilla green back.
When you are at it, can you comment on look & feel of these buildings? I'm not sure how they look from the perspective of a vanilla graphics player.

The issue is, is that I didn't know they were actually buildings. Perhaps add some organization to them, such as walls or such? Right now it just looks like a random assortment of items(which may be the intent?  :-\)

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

Even if it was intentional, it's still damn confusing.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 12:48:06 am »

how about now?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2010, 07:04:22 am »

how about now?

Better.

Though the second one across has the same tile as stockpiles....which I probably wouldn't be able to pick out no matter how you organized it, expect that I would wonder why my I organized my stockpiles like that. Is the dwarf on top of something?

Third across --- Is that a hungry dwarf?  :-\

Also, the first one, one of those tiles is the same for a human, I believe. The U.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 08:39:36 am »

I keep getting crashes with 0.06 whenever I try to play a new world I created and the errorlog is coming up with stuff like this, if it's any help:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It just goes on like that for a while...

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2010, 09:14:16 am »

how about now?

Better.

Though the second one across has the same tile as stockpiles....which I probably wouldn't be able to pick out no matter how you organized it, expect that I would wonder why my I organized my stockpiles like that. Is the dwarf on top of something?

Third across --- Is that a hungry dwarf?  :-\

Also, the first one, one of those tiles is the same for a human, I believe. The U.

... I hate it when i press backspace and it killed all of my typing.

The character you saw was Ü, not U. It's the same character seen on obsidian and the 2 spoiler stones I believe. ù is lignite but phoebus has a hard image of colorful fire on coals so I had to find a subtitute on the building image when not built because I want it to have a grayscale/shade-like look.

The images are ordered like this Unbuilt -> Started -> Half way done -> Complete. I think it'd be fine leaving it like stockpiles when just started for a moment, kinda like clearing out zone before construction. And yes, half way through my mechanic got hungry.
I keep getting crashes with 0.06 whenever I try to play a new world I created and the errorlog is coming up with stuff like this, if it's any help:

<snip>

It just goes on like that for a while...
Look like corrupted raw. My good bet is that you are playing it on phoebus and didnt empty raw\objects before putting this mod in. Try installing again, and before copying IM raws over, empty said folder. I just tried downloading 0.06 and play it on a fresh DF folder, got no issues. Guess i'd go ahead and do something about the tricky installation in 0.07 then.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2010, 09:29:16 am »

I'm playing with ASCII and I definitely emptied the raw/objects folder.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2010, 09:57:26 am »

I'm playing with ASCII and I definitely emptied the raw/objects folder.
Upload your data+raw folders after installation (remove data\save, btw) and I'd look at them. There might be a setting I overlooked somewhere.

EDIT: Got no issues with my test run using ASCII whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:01:58 am by rephikul »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »

I can support that it works fine. Maybe you should try creating another world with default settings? It seems that your current world...might have issues.

Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Also, that works fine for the building.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 07:08:48 am »

0.07 Changes
+ Adjusted cluster size of curious creatures and glacier creatures
+ Adjusted turtle spawn & anatomy
+ Adjusted rib coverage
+ Adjusted anatomy of fortress defense creatures
+ Removed non-IE iron sources
+ Removed marbles. Add small clusters of dolomite/limestones in other SE stone layers
+ Added flux production reactions at the kiln using flux stones/blocks
+ Increased copper's weight in bronze production
+ Allowed making coal from some wooden furnitures at the smelter (bed bin barrel cage)
+ Add training workshops
+ Add reactions to product catalysts used in training workshop at the smelter
+ Improved object listing
+ Changed lignite & peat colors
+ Added elven diplomat (kind of)
+ Injected phoebus graphics into fortress defense
+ Removed cat

0.07 is a pivotal version as the mod now can be properly considered major mod. The 2 significant changes in this version being overhauling steel industry and addition of training workshop

== Change in steel industry ==
Iron now can only be found in igneous-ex and flux can only be found in sedimentary. Since these 2 layers are mutually exclusive, the player has to either pick one and import the rest or otherwise spend alot of time genning world. World scumming not advised   ;D. The 2 flux stones in sedimentary, dolomite & limestone now also show up in other sedimentary layers which mean as long as it's sedimentary, flux is guaranteed, much like how hematite veins are guaranteed in any igneous-ex layers. Moreover, each flux stone yield 5 pouches of flux at the kiln and each block yield 2, so it's always in moderate amount if you have access to some. Steel production now goes like this:
At kiln: Flux stone + 5 bags -> 5 pouches of flux
At kiln: Flux block + 2 bags -> 2 pouches of flux
At smelter: hematite -> iron
At smelter: Iron + pouch of flux -> pig iron (bag also consumed)
At smelter: pig iron + iron + pouch of flux -> 2 steel (again, bag also a goner)

== Addition of training workshop ==
For now 3 training methods exist in 0.07:
Real fights: fast, profitable, risky
Danger room: fast, cheap, relatively safe
Training workshop: slow, expensive, very safe

As you can see the traditional danger room is not desirable because it has the benefit of both worlds and will be removed soon. The inclusion of the training workshop is to act as a contrast to real fight and provide a balance factor for melee units because ranged units got archery range. These workshops are also expensive to build, expensive to run and expensive to maintain. This'd allow them to have the second purpose of acting as a resource drain, aiming at a more mature fortress where goods are common place and experienced dwarves are the only precious commodity.

Spoiler: training details (click to show/hide)

== Creature changes ==

Adjusted cluster size of glacier creatures
Harsh environments should imply sparer wildlife. Seeing 50+ elks roaming about a 3x3 embark is kinda odd. Thus the size of some cluster has been reduced. They arent any less then vanilla DF, but will definitely a change of pace for people more used to other biomes of this mod.

Adjusted curious creatures
After the syndrome change, curious creatures are too dangerous since most of them infect rabies. Thus the clustersize of them has been revised to fit their intended role.

Adjusted rib coverage
Thank to an another topic i realized IM's ribcage has the same coverage as a single vanilla rib an creatures's organs can be easily damaged. This has been fixed

Adjusted anatomy of fortress defense creatures
General FPS boosting methods ultilized in older creatures.

Removed cat
Also added and removed are rats and tree turrets. Rats are designed to be a hate factor and serious threat to food stockpiles in cat-less forts. However, they spawn too many and doesnt manage to steal any food in a timely fashion as long as a cat present. Which mean they are more annoying to the player then to the dwarves, murder fps and doesnt demand any proper cat distribution. All in all, a bad vermin and was removed. Since there's no vermin worth catching, cat has become an useless domestic and taken out. As for tree turret, they cannot be implemented due to [IMMOBILE_LAND] doesnt work properly. How unfortunate, i quite like their niche.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:00:03 pm by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 12:25:46 pm »

Still in 0.5, a couple dozen chimps spawned.  They all went straight for my poor little deconstructed wagon.  In all, about a third of my 20 dwarves lost their lives and the chimps made off with a disturbingly large quantity of loot.  Enjoying this mod :)
EDIT 2: I went over all the item stealers to *balance* them. Enjoy your chimp armies while it last.
I finally got some rabies carriers in my fort. Ironically, they are also handful of chimps. I deliberately let my war animals to engage them in melee just to see just how it'd go. Stuff got bitten.. nothing happened. But then a week later a bear, a giant eagle and couple dogs started oozing around... i was like >:( And then when I realized how mentally devastating this'd also do to other players I put my troll face on ;D

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.07
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »

Hmm, whenever I try genning a world with version .07 it freezes when its "running rivers".

I tried a fresh version of DF and another download of the mod, but it didn't work.

I delete all the files in the in the objects folder, then proceed to paste all the files in the objects folder of the mod.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.07
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 12:53:39 pm »

Hmm, whenever I try genning a world with version .07 it freezes when its "running rivers".

I tried a fresh version of DF and another download of the mod, but it didn't work.

I delete all the files in the in the objects folder, then proceed to paste all the files in the objects folder of the mod.
You no longer need to delete files, just copy stuff over. Check if errorlog.txt say anything. The reason I chose to stop people from deleting file is cause people often forgot to do so (oh the irony) and because phoebus also does some change to the language files so I have to leave that bit out if I want to delegate that bit onto him entirely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22