Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 62118 times)

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.03
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that skin/fat have been made stronger, although I'm just not sure I like the idea of a nudist fort  :P

It seems like it shouldn't be hard to add back in a single kind of generic clothing item based on, say, a dress.  Dwarves could wear a single item instead of the 14 or so they typically sport.  That seems like a pretty good compromise to me.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 08:05:13 pm »

I was planning on doing that, Trouserman, before rephikul told us that anything wearable is now an equivalent of armour, and I don't particularly want my dwarves having an unfair advantage over the other races. I could of course, let all of the races wear clothes, but I'm liking how quick DF is now and I don't really want to sacrifice any of that FPS for clothing.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:10 pm »

Installed the mod, genned a world, embarked somewhere random.  There are little rapidly flashing tiles peppered the bare ground.  Upon further inspection with 'k', the spots are pieces of ground that are rapidly morphing between stone types at a blistering rate.  ;l

edit: genned a new world to make sure, same problem.  I'm using pheobus v.18
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:18:53 pm by duckInferno »
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »

I had that problem too, so what I did was delete all the files in my raw folder, then put in the ones from the mod. That fixed it for me.

...Maybe that's what's causing my errorlog to freak out?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 11:24:32 pm »

Installed the mod, genned a world, embarked somewhere random.  There are little rapidly flashing tiles peppered the bare ground.  Upon further inspection with 'k', the spots are pieces of ground that are rapidly morphing between stone types at a blistering rate.  ;l

I have seen this in adventure mode.  I have my own set of custom stone tiles, and a few other minor tweaks, on an otherwise vanilla game.  It happened in some regions, but not others, so it may be nothing to do with the mod, and you just had poor luck.  But goodness only knows.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 11:39:02 pm »

It hasn't crashed for me yet, though my errorlog is giving me this, ad infinitum:
It has something to do with my mod pushing creature pop to its limit. My good guess is that the world creature counter overflowed. A random creature count will be provided for you. An adventurer shall never notice this limit, and it will be an incredibly bad creature count reroll to manifest in fortress mode in a reasonable amount of time. I've genned many world and the smallest number this new count provided was 150 mandrills.

I don't particularly want my dwarves having an unfair advantage over the other races.
The change I made regarding skin and fat affect all creatures, I took care of that. Also, insulation has no bearing on combat outcome whatsoever. It just make skin protect you from weather better and has no co-efficiency with actual thickness. I guess i should have picked my words more carefully :)

Can you post the 'k' view on that tile? I know that phoebus data\art cause some more wierd look on .18, a cauldron looking like a tree and a night creature the same a tier 3 gem but that might has something to do with corrupted raw.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:43:34 pm by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.04
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 01:58:28 am »

As I say, k'ing the square (which auto pauses) told me that it was obsidian.  no, gabbro.  no, peat.  no... it cycled through every stone known to man at a blistering rate of several hundred per second.  Very odd.

I reverted the RAWs to my pre-intensifyingmod backup, genned a new world and all is well again.  It seems rather unlikely that encountering this in two separate genned worlds and two separate embarks, without ever encountering this problem over the past half year, is just bad luck.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 02:40:29 am »

My, digging a fort into something like that would produce an interesting effect, what with all the colours.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 03:12:33 am »

Urist McTrippyEyes: By my beard, look at all the rainbows. Look, a black opal at the end of the rainbow!! It's mine!! I saw it first!!
As I say, k'ing the square (which auto pauses) told me that it was obsidian.  no, gabbro.  no, peat.  no... it cycled through every stone known to man at a blistering rate of several hundred per second.
There's no peat after intensifying DF so I guess there's something wrong with your installation and managed to reproduce it. These are the following step to get it:

1) Install DF
2) Install Phoebus (or skip 1 and just install DF /w Phoebus as provided in Phoebus's thread)
3) Do not empty the raw folder
4) Copy IM's raw into raw folder

The blinking effect is created due to duplicated raw entries of certain stones. Since DF read raw and use the order of entry a->z I've delibrately change name of certain .txt to resort the list. To be precise, the order in vanilla z-stone list is refined metal "stone" -> layer stone -> ore stone. I've renamed the ore stone file name so it appear as refined metal "stone" -> ore stone -> layer stone. Thus if you do not empty your raw folder, there'd be 2 files describing ore stones causing the glitch. You can either reinstall properly or just delete "inorganic_stone_mineral.txt" if you still have the backup. See if it change anything.

TL;DR empty raw folder before installing intensifying mod. Without that step the impurity will corrupt the land.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:44:05 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 03:22:19 am »

Edit: Bleh, didn't read it properly.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 07:14:05 am »

Got peat off the top of my head, those are the steps I took (replaced entire RAW folder, didn't just merge it).

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 08:02:49 am »

Got peat off the top of my head, those are the steps I took (replaced entire RAW folder, didn't just merge it).
If you can upload one save sample, I'd really appreciate that. I cannot duplicate the issue with an empty raw folder.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »

A friendly reminder: Report bugs!!

I've finished preparing the feature list for 0.05 and release is probably this friday. This is mostly a bugfix/standardizing release but it is still save non-compatible. Thus, if you have noticed any issues so far, kindly inform me so they wont get carried over to the next.

On an another note, the topic image took a long time to make so if you like it, do mention so ;p

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 03:10:51 am »

If you can upload one save sample, I'd really appreciate that. I cannot duplicate the issue with an empty raw folder.
I gave up but now I'm warming to the idea of lots of wildlife and no socks again, so we'll see how it goes this time :)

Seems to work fine this time.  I guess I ballsed something up, last attempt.  Sorry :D

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.05
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 04:24:49 am »

0.05 Changes
+ Amour rebalanced
+ Adjusted civ count to allow the possibility of 300 civs to coexist
+ Adjusted entities's access to equipment
+ Allow adventurers to make leather gears
+ Tweaked creature's type, amount and behaviour. Beware the butterfly
+ Increased creature's hostility, again
+ Fixed the Null Pop Num bug, supposedly
+ Fixed limonite color, again
+ Provided support for Fortress Defense Mod

Amour rebalanced
Mostly under the hood changes. Normal players shouldnt even notice anything. I've adjusted the size and permit of most pieces to mimic vanilla stacking mechanisms because all equipments are now amour-classes. The general gist is that you can either put on a few good metal pieces, or a lot of cheap clothing/leather pieces. Of course this is broken in adventure mode (in a good way) but adventure mode's equipment has always been borked so why should I bother :D

Adjusted civ
2 small changes, 1st it is possible for 300 civs to spawn but this is very, very luck dependant due to region restriction so expect lots of map reject. I personally stick to 100 civs. 2nd, allow civs to surely have access to all amour pieces. There arent many choices to make to begin with.

Allow adventurers to make leather gears
Just a basic addition so adventurers arent so naked. which I use for some testing. It's awkward at places but it kinda work. Dont expect fanciful stuff. If you like adventuring, you probably should import a good reaction mod from somewhere else anyway.

Tweaked creature's type, amount and behaviour.
The usual stuff, creatures are less benign and more likely to fight back. Experimental breathing attack on the butterfly (it is yellow) and the creeping eye. The butterfly is now a legitimate creature, you need to kill it with the military. Even so it's just a butterfly and should be very easy to kill, occasionally with hilarious result.

Provided support for Fortress Defense Mod
I personally dont like fortress defense mod. It's indeed hardcore, but is mostly bruting around and lack the "it get harder when you get better" feeling built in vanilla DF. I personally play utilizing all the tricks the game have to offer so I favour devious tactics rather then just enemy mashing onto your front door. However, I think it's a very nice addition for people who like that corner of intensive experience. Do note that creatures from the fortress defense mod has vanilla-style anatomy.

EDIT: Wait, that give the wrong vibe. The FD creatures have vanilla anatomy for sure, but alot of those has already been simplified because they use the basic body provided in my mod which's used by other standard creatures. So the loss in fps should be minor, especially considering sieges slow things down to begin with, and it's (probably) better to have more control over timing during fights. It's probably just a slight annoyance if you read most of the combat logs cause of all the hits on cheeks, fingers and ankles.

EDIT 2: Regarding future of this mod, I've reached a point where removing more stuff from the game will start to damage the playing experience so it's probably time to add things into it. Since one of a big goal of this mod is to make the game run faster, what to add is something I have to seriously consider and plan. For now, I'd study other people's mods for ideas and spend time coughing up mechanisms so new release *might* take a while. However, if things turn out nice with the breath attack, the next release probably will have a strong emphasis on it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:17:23 am by rephikul »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22