Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is Crazy Cow's MUCH better approach to caste percentages than Leb's and should be implemented before you have to find Leb and punch him in the gut?

Yes, add it now, NOW!
- 3 (60%)
No, RNG is my waifu.
- 0 (0%)
Something else, specify(I know you won't).
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 17, 2012, 01:42:41 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Lore/AdventureQuest mod. Looking for a new owner!  (Read 31052 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Lore/AdventureQuest mod.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 03:07:33 pm »

Once again I post. Why? Because a new version is up!
Why? Because it turns out, I'm still an idiot!

So long story short, this guy is testing the mod a tad along us playing a community fort deal with it, so he then comes up and goes all "yo man what's up with all these error log mentions I don't understand shit".

So I check what's up, and immediately I figure it out. Me including that body_default file as a hotfix for the deep and raspy voice errors that I got and thought "I FIX IT LIKE THIS" ended up fucking around over his vanilla game when the mod was thrown in. Giraffe's for example were dicked around with and refused to work, and of course if you play the latest DF version and have vanilla creatures along this mod, my platypus entry will fuck up shit hardcore because unlike me, it knows that Toady threw in a platypus creature.

So I threw AQ at the end of my platypus entry, and that was that, hooray! I also managed to fix the voice issue from before because I suddenly thought "maybe that's what Toady did to fix it" and wouldn't you know it, I was right for once! No more body_default file for this file that'd I would be forced to update all the fucking time, ha ha!

I also included a reaction for centocor's so they'll show up with ice bars. These babies won't melt except in magma, so yeah! ...they helped me find out there's not a FIXED_TEMP tag for metals anymore, or then I fucked it up but whatever this works too. ...assuming that what I threw in works as intented and yeah.

I can't remember if I messed around with anything else though. Probably not.

Here's to hoping there's nothing blatantly wrong anymore! Ha ha!

EDIT:
Also, here's something extra. A worldgen entry which let's you create the world map from AdventureQuest. Due to how DF handles map generation though, it's not exactly accurate and... well yeah. There's 3 continents and some islands, so some civ's probably will end up stranded but hey, maybe you'd find it interesting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6laip2lm16vz9jy

Only 25 civ's can be placed there though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:31:24 pm by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 03:41:17 am »

I'm again posting on this thread. And I hate it. You know why?
Because every time I have to post on this thread, it's because of a mistake in the mod, an error, or something that just causes me to go "Oh my dear lord". Most of the times it's by my hand that they've been given flesh, but I'm not going to give them any god damn tribute.

So long story short, throwing in the Ice metal? Yeah, turns out that despite me having the bright idea of checking it moments before updating the mod, and finding out that FIXED_TEMP doesn't work with metals anymore AND me going all the way to the zip file to update the Ice metal raws, something went horribly wrong. It was 2 AM so it was to be expected, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I fucked up at some step and the wrong raw for the Ice metal was uploaded instead. So once again, I'm forced to update ONE LITTLE THING that I managed to fuck up in royal fashion(sorry to all you 5 people who DL'ed the mod's updated version), but on the bright side, this time I even had the energy to check that there's nothing wrong anymore, and triple-checked that the zip I uploaded is correct and the file has nothing wrong in it anymore. I just checked it again. All correct and shit.

Because there's nothing I can really do to make this any better, at least try to enjoy the picture below which I believe is the best way to describe what I look like whenever I show up on this thread or when I mod something into this thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:38:15 pm »

Oh boy, do you know what time it is!?

It's time for 1.6 version of this mod! Despite the fact that I know nothing about how you are supposed to define version numbers, but hey whatever.

So what did I do this time, you ask?

Well shut up and let me tell about it!

- Guy told me that Adventurer's had really sucky creativity values. In comparison, dorfs had a max of 2250 or whatever, Adventurers had 1500. Decided to be a cheap jerk and just copied the dorf parameters on Adventurers, especially since I found out all their physical and mental abilities were also subpar. Now they're not as subpar. Hooray!
- Threw in said physical&mental params to other civilized creatures as well, some special caste guys have higher numbers than others but whatever.
- The Bionic Shamrock, Can-Can Cannon and Assaultmecha are finally properly made out of metal! However, in doing so, the Assaultmecha have become unstoppable killing machines that will wipe out hordes of enemies by themselves. Theoretically, at least. They're made of steel, so yeah. They can take a lot of punishment and deal out even more. You probably could leave an entire fort's defense on a few of these guys and never have a military of your own.
- Pet Rock's also now made out of stone. Hooray.
- Brand new artifact things! ARMOR. 25 of 'em, however on my delving to the magical world of "how the hell do I mod in armor" I found out that the system is a tad clunky right now. So what did I do? Decided to abuse the system for all it's worth. All the artifact armor pieces function as a full set, protecting a looooot of bodyparts. You can still equip other gear too so there's even more protection to be had. But because I HAD to be a jerk, some of the artifact armors are leather-based, others cloth-based. Because HAHA I'M THE BOSS AROUND HERE.
- As result of how I suddenly turned Assaultmecha into properly functioning machines of mass destruction, a lot of the races were given METAL_PREF. Should show up clad in some MANLY metals now.

I wish I could say that I've tested everything in this, but unfortunately all I have managed is to check that the new creature editions work properly. Well besides checking the armors in Arena and seeing that yeah, they cover a lot of the body(how can you block a kick in the eye with 'em though what the hell).

Ever since I had to format my Windows partition and re-install XP, I've had some mysterious DF crash issues. At least I HOPE it's because of the new XP somehow being fucked up, but that guy who's doing some bug-testing for me has said that the mod runs stable for him so I hope it's just my comp being stupid. Maybe the legacy DF will work better and it's something with the SDL throwing a fit?

Well whatever. I think that's about all, folks!

EDIT: Oh right, a lot of PRONE_TO_RAGE addings were done on various creatures. Because everyone loooves some RAGE, right?

Well I found out that whenever a creature rages, it pops up a combat report, even if the creature is too afraid to actually attack anyone. Whoops. At least it gives you some sort of warning, right?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:50:35 pm by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 03:14:58 pm »

Oh look, it's this mod again.

You bet your ass it is! Thanks to school hitting on me like lonely prom night nerds hitting the punch bowl, I've been more or less busy but hey, I had a free night, why not spend all of it typing away some blatant mistakes?

Thanks to mah bro for pointing the following out:

- Adventurers had the reactions to make soap properly, BUT I apparently at some point thought it would be a really great idea to remove the Soap Maker's workshop from them. I don't even want to know when this happened. Or how.
- Umazen, Naga and Gorgon got some tweaking done. On what? Professions! Apparently an all-female race having "swordmen" show up was odd, I don't know I said, but then the guy says that yeah it's odd so I go fine, I'll fix the damn thing. Because I'm an unimaginative jerk though, Umazen right now have legionnaires and centaurions leading 'em, naga's and gorgons share the same unit name things. I'm not going to list 'em here because no one cares, really.
- Pet rocks can now TACKLE. I worked all night on this one. That and I finally figured that yes, there IS a tag for tissue that makes a creature have inorganic structure that works like stone. Now finally, we can have pet stones, well err, stone people to death.
- Adventurers didn't have "permission" to build trap components. I never noticed because I haven't used traps in ages. Default ones are now available to 'em, so yeah. Have fun trapping your entrance corridor? Personally I'd just put a dress on it and some makeup.

But that's about it. Next update is whenever I can bother to look if there's something minor to add in to the mod. Not much to do anymore, because everytime I seem to post here I fix a bunch of shit that any decent modder would have fixed by the first release. Not at 1.07.

If this even qualifies as 1.07.
I don't know. Next version will be Apple.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »

I want an orange, not apple. :3
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

Fine, just for you next version will be Version Orange. But we're definitely going Apple the one after.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 03:29:30 pm »

Make an apple orange version for double points.

Speaking of which, does your mod have apples or oranges?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 03:33:59 pm »

I just wanna say.  I love the work you've done here.

But it crashes in worldgen every time for me.  Granted I have alot of megas running around in the early years of my world, but taking out the Adventure Quest megas and regenning a world (with the same number of beasties) made the crashes stop.

I don't know which one is doing it, but there is some dirty code somewhere in there.

Sorry to be a bummer.

Now, if you've done some work on the megas in the past 4 weeks (when I last downloaded) maybe this complaint is moot.  But if you haven't, please look at them.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 03:42:34 pm »

So wait, you just removed all the megabeasts?
That actually would make my work a lot easier if you managed to pinpoint a crash issue. And no, I haven't messed about them in ages. Wonder what's causing the issue then.
Will check into it. Tomorrow. After schoolwork and shit.

But hey, I can tell you this, you're not missing much. MB's never really have been spectacular outside of worldgen kills and name-taking, unless specifically modded to be so.
This mod is more about the horrible horrible wildlife that want to kill everyone you know, and probably set the rest on fire.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »

you can add icebreath to the ice dragons,when you havent yet.
i saw that code uploaded somewhere.
oh,and earth dragons could breathe molten rock,which driescools quickly.
I am a Goober.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:24 pm »

oh, the regular beasts are working quite excellently, in that reguard.

I assure you x.x
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »

Just one last thing that I'll ask before going to sleep, when the game crashes, is it prior to worldgen starting to write down history or after a few years?

you can add icebreath to the ice dragons,when you havent yet.
i saw that code uploaded somewhere.
oh,and earth dragons could breathe molten rock,which driescools quickly.

Hmm. The ice breath thing might be worth checking out, but I already fear it'll end up spitting some frozen extract that will get carried frigging everywhere and it becomes another fortress-hazard that needs DFhack to clear. Will check it out regardless though. Earth Dragons though, ehh, that's one thing. Right now though, isn't that sort of impossible? Last I heard, spat rock is shot as a solid glob of the stuff, so magma would be more like pieces of stone and so on.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »

well,i modded my chuck norris character to BLEED MAGMA.
that turned to stone.
quickly.

spitting rocks/dust is more real,yeah.

EDIT:TIGER FROG-EATINGCRACKETEER?

OH MY GAWDY DERPENSTEIN!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:07:23 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 06:57:59 pm »

Version ORANGE is here(along some stupid MS Paint art I apparently made years back, all there in the first post)!

Quite fast, yes, but I decided to work fast.
I was unable to get the crash to occur like Jeoshua reported, regarding the megabeasts of the mod, but hey, at the same time, I threw those things into a file of their own so if anyone has the same suspicions, just delete creature_AQmega.txt(before generating a world, that is).

- Roc's(the ones in this mod) now finally have 2 heads! And I noticed I had fucked up something regarding their body parts because they had double the legs they should have. WHOOPS.
- Fear Drake's armor now functions better.
- Adventurer nobles were fucked around with, titles capitalized, Dictators and above the guys leading aren't elected anymore, but appointed as monarchy.

And that's what I can remember it's 3 AM damn it guys I'm going to bed.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 04:09:31 pm »

Here's version APPLE!

Thanks to school, work and whatever I've become insanely busy. I got most of APPLE's stuff done a week or two ago, but until some far day in the future I don't really have the time to work on the mod's finer details that much so I'll just let you people have what I did manage to make.

And what is that?

Well here's the summary(what I can remember)!
- Capitalized the Adventurer noble titles because THAT ONE GUY told me it'd be better like that. I guess he's right so I did that.
- Frost Giants, Tundra Reavers, Frost Kingdom guys and Helves all are now NO_EAT and NO_DRINK. Living in glaciers or tundras, these guys tended to starve to death really fast a lot of the time, so this is a fix until some later version where we might get something like meat-production going on in civ sites, or is that being planned? Well whatever.
- Some more megabeasts! Including the following: Dracolich, Ultra Magma Fire Dragon, Ice Demon(drops an adamantine Frozen Claymore when killed), Blizzard Dragon, Djinni, Earth Sorceress, Sandy Claws, Snow Golem and of course, Carnax, who's favorite thing in the worldgen is to kill demons!

And I can't remember anything else. If I did something, it probably isn't that important.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7