Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is Crazy Cow's MUCH better approach to caste percentages than Leb's and should be implemented before you have to find Leb and punch him in the gut?

Yes, add it now, NOW!
- 3 (60%)
No, RNG is my waifu.
- 0 (0%)
Something else, specify(I know you won't).
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 17, 2012, 01:42:41 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Lore/AdventureQuest mod. Looking for a new owner!  (Read 31214 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Lore/AdventureQuest mod. Now VBASE-constructed!
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2011, 07:13:02 am »

Depends how the new Curse system will work, really. Besides the stuff I previously mentioned...
Figure I'll add a Zardzilla-curse to the normal Frogzard. MAYBE to all the basic ones. Maybe I can even make it that only sometimes an Adventurer under the Zardzilla curse will be hostile.

Besides that, ehh, add the appropriate curse things to Vampires and Werewolves and see how it works in worldgen when there's a civ of creatures that are night creatures, night hunters, converters and carry a curse that turns people into their kind as well. Although it seems sort of redundant, but let's just say that the conversion is a more "personal" task than the ages old bite-and-wait approach.

Fanfics, ahoy!

Oh right. I might mess around with Adventurers and their firebreath tag, it's SUPPOSED to simulate the Fireball-spell that I imagine everyone has had at some point. Depends how well Toady fixes it and whether or not there's anything I can actually do to "fix" it. Even the ability to change the attack text to something else than "Adventurer breaths fire!" would be okay.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 06:16:15 am »

Good news everyone! With the new version of DF finished, it means I finally will get off my ass and resume work on the mod. Lucky for me, Toady really DID change fireball-throwing in a manner that allows me to fuck around with the attack description and change it to "casts Fireball". Depending how far I can stretch the new system, I might even be able to make a bunch of different spells so the Wizards could finally be actually unique from all the other Adventurer civ castes!

Now the only thing I need to do is figure out how all the new tags and syndromes work. It looks like there's a tag too that allows for vamps and werewolves to not be targets of, well, vamps and werewolves! Game generated ones, I mean. I need to flip a coin again and decide whether to keep or cut the vamps and lycans that are part of the Adventurer civ though. I mean, obviously I could keep 'em a part of it. We'll see. Depends on whether or not the civ you control will flip out when a werewolf or a vampire migrates your fort. Need to test that. Also to test the mention of a noble-related bug from last page that I didn't see happening during brief bug testing.

Upcoming release will include such things as:
- Adding all the new tokens where appliable, like for the Undead civ.
- Currently working on Lore-related toys. I sort of regret doing it. The list of NPC's to make toys out of is fucking HUGE. Here's a spoiler of the some of the types of toys you can get:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because the toylist is becoming huge, Huge, HUGE, I'm just going to leave it up to you players whether or not to keep these in. Because god damn if a noble wants a figurine out of their favorite character and there's a 1/2983984 chance of producing it because of the ridiculously long list of possibilities!
- Will check misc. items for some trinkets you can produce in DF. Hopefully the list won't be nearly as long as the toy list has become.
- Shield artifact-only items will be added. This one will be easy because there's not really a whole lot of speshul things a shield can do besides how much cover it'll give. And these shields will give a whole lot of cover, I'm telling you.
- Will add curses where appliable. Current ideas off the top of my head, Zardman, Burpman, werewolf/vampire(these two will keep their previous nightcreature tokens too because of the hilarious infighting it causes)
- Will check how the new material system works for special creatures. Assuming it works like I figured it said it would, will add dragonbane and zardbane as metals you can produce. Both will be equivalent to steel, but appear only in small clusters the same way as gems do.
- I may or may not add the Sarkanian and Mermazon civs into the game. Why? They're both aquatic. The only thing they'd do would be to add some world gen history mentions, in case they end up in war with each other, or some land dwelling civ declares war on the ocean and marches their troops right into it.

This new features list will probably be bigger once I finish my modding, but it's the initial plan anyway. Estimated time until I finish work? Give me a week, maybe two. I need to juggle between work, studying and Space Station 13 for this.

Luckily I've overcome the biggest hurdles of coding this god damn mod already so starting to edit existing creatures should not break anything in a manner that'd force me to start redoing their code like fuck.

In any case, see you next time, Adventurer! And remember: Arm the entire fort, YOU'LL NEED IT!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:25:18 am by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 09:27:09 pm »

What's up on the new version:

Spoiler: Adventurer civ stuff. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifact item info. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Megabeast updates. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other updates. (click to show/hide)

It was a god damn horrible week to mod all this and make it work. I would like to thank the 0.34 modding question thread viewers for not exploding out of rage due to my stupid ass posts and questions, and a bunch of people that I "borrowed inspiration" from to make some effects and skills on this mod.

Dunno when I'll update this mod again. It'll probably be some minor tweaks here and there. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this. Now I'm gonna go to sleep because it's almost 5 AM here and I've been up fixing this crap for 3 hours and now I'll go HAVE FUN

EDIT: I just HAD to check that I hadn't fucked up anything. I had. It involves a field test of a mage casting ailments on a grasshopper across the field, and the rest of the embark team then chasing after it, throwing fireballs everywhere(which while amusing, soon proved disastrous) and suddenly bleeding to death from all the fire.

Adventurers now don't use fireballs. At all.
For your sake. So in case you were one of the unfortunates to fall in my usual "let's not do a lot more testing!" attitude, feel free to pick up 1.01 version of Yulgar.

I promise next version will be Akriloth. Seriously guys. Scout's honor.
Not that I've ever been in the scouts but you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:48:55 pm by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Lore/AdventureQuest mod. Updated to 0.34.02.
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »

You know you've picked a wrong mod to play with when the creator keeps posting every few days about "crucial bug fixes."

I'm here to post about crucial bug fixes.

Which will be worked on and fixed in a day or two.
Bugfixes include:
- Mage and wizard status spells currently are being used ALL THE TIME in fort mode. They work though, but they also are being cast on creatures not in sight by the user. Those cave fish men never knew what hit 'em. Fix worked out, the spells will now only be used against targets in range, without having mages and wizards being x-ray possessing spellslingers out to fuck up ALL of the shit. Will adjust the spell ranges a bit too. The spells also will work on Adventure-mode.
- Adventure-mode buffs are fucked up. Meaning that rash assumptions how the values worked made it so that they actually do pretty much jack shit right now! When fixed though, you will be kicking so much ass that it's ridiculous. It's not even going to be funny. Except for you. Not for everyone else though.
- Zardzilla has a description warning you to bewared it's zardbeam! I forgot to add the zardbeam. WHOOPS!
- Centocors have COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT. Need to remove that. Because you know, they're centaurs. I think Centurions have mount and wagon tags too.
- A random test made me notice that behemoths were having trouble breathing, and without ability to grasp. Will go through list of modded creatures and see if there are others like 'em(I think I did this check in the past, what the fuck me?) and fix them like behemoth was fixed.
- There will probably be a bazillion other stupid mistakes that any modder worth their salt would have noticed, so I'll try to find and fix those too. Otherwise, I'll be posting about crucial bug fixes.

Upon finishing on the bug fixes, this post will be deleted and replaced by a post stating that "the bug fix is in" so all you two people who play this mod know to go grab the NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2012, 05:16:12 pm »

Today I learned that there is no Delete Post button.
Welp.

Bugfixes are now done and file on DFFD updated.
Stuff that was messed with:
- Mages and Wizards now sling their spells on targets they can see and attack. No more x-ray for 'em!
- Passive buffs work now on Adventure-mode. Attempts to make 'em work on Fort mode were less than favorable when they started casting buffs on enemies. Right now it's a player-only ability. Maybe if I can figure out how to make it work in the future I'll tweak it a bit more, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
- Centocors and centaurions no longer have mounts. Would have been redundant.
- Zardzilla now has a breath attack. ..it's firebreath. Yeah, I suck.
- Found a lot of fire-breathing creatures or otherwise Fire-related ones that were catching on fire. Fixed now on all parts. Hopefully.
- Web spitters now spit web. Again. At one point in testing, brain spiders were shooting muscle thread, and spidey-pets were shooting teeth thread. Oh the joys of modding.
- Grax or Grox or whatever it was called was freezing it's blood the moment it was spilled. Now they bleed just like everyone else.
- Added some of the new creature functions all over. Creatures with shell can now retract into 'em and a lot of domesticated animals now have the ability to clean themselves.
- Fucked around for the hell of it with the Angry Protesters. Results below.

That's it for the bug update. Didn't find anything else that was crucial to meddle with. Dragonbane works good for my tastes(seriously, fuck those dragons) so yeah.

Until next time, whenever that may be! Probably a few bug fix updates from now. I'll probably flesh out adventurer-mode encounters a bit so more wild critters will have some sounds that you hear upon encountering 'em.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »

Awsome so far.

Also, there are "wild" werewolves, at the very least, so having some sort of wild vampire sounds sound to me.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 03:02:22 am »

A wild vampire wouldn't work as well, I think.
Mechanics-wise I mean. Sure I could probably mod in one, like copy the werebeast-effect so the cursed person would PROBABLY show up to attack your forts out of nowhere like a crazed person. It might actually be for the better, testworlds on 400 years have about 2 vampires that survive worldgen, the rest have been eaten by megabeasts, other beasts or werebeasts.

I think I'll flip a coin again. I could make it happen but it'd need to be rare, don't want "VAMPIRES, CURSE THEM" happening in every fort or it becomes dull. Although all it needs right now is for a vamp to attack, bite and infect a few soldiers, who "just" need to survive until the fort is abandoned, after which it's "oh look, migrants from my old fortress" and the cycle starts anew. I probably should add a proper werewolf infection syndrome and bite to the lycan as well. Diretooth too. No idea why I didn't think of that before.

Anyway, meanwhile in "let's try out my own mod" land... A fearsome dracopyre arrives! It's friendly! I let it indoors and it starts wrecking my furniture!

Future update will remove dracopyre and werepyre BUILDINGDESTROYER:2 tag. In other future update news: To fight the threat of the undead from afar, we welcome the rivebow! It's a huge crossbow "loaned" from Mieville! It shoots metaldiscs! They cut off limbs!

Bolts and arrows still have better penetration ability though, so it doesn't replace 'em completely.

EDIT: Fucked around with stuff.
Coin flip was positive.

Wild vampires are now a frequency:1 large predator, considering how many god damn wild vamps there are, this shouldn't be a problem. Unless some civ tames the wild vampires of this here place and sieges you with a horde of 'em. That may be a problem. Unless the INTELLIGENT tag forbids it.

Two new interactions for bite attacks, one for Vamps and other for Lycans.

Wild vamp bite just turns you into a vampire. Generic one taken straight out of the raw examples. The vampires that may arrive to trade with you also have that ability on their bite attack. It is recommended to do trading with vampires behind tightly shut areas. Wouldn't want 'em to drain your trader, right?

Lycan and diretooth bites turn you into a wild diretooth. Let's just say that turning into a furry is enough to drive anyone insane.

Adventurer-mode wise, it's a lot noisier now. A lot of the modded critters have sounds that they make, some are generic, some less so, but yeah. Hope it's not too noisy now.

Class-boosts for Adventurers got some successful roll buffs.
The poor adventurer who didn't have any buff prior to this now has "legendary dumb luck" that upon activated gives them a major buff to their rolls.

Update impending once Toady releases the next bugfix and I know whether or not I need to implement some new things. Probably not. Meaning I can fuck around instead! Hooray!

EDIT2:
Decided to add "nightbane". I could have called it blessed steel, but nightbane fits the theme better since we got dragonbane and zardbane already. Like you might have guessed, nightbane is equal to steel, but it does extra damage against stuff like undead(mine, hardcoded undead are impossible to make weak towards nightbane), lycans, vamps and various other darkness-related creatures.

You get your nightbane from Yulgar's trading post or whatever I call it. One gold bar and one steel bar equals two nightbane bars.

In other news, messed a bit with banshee curse. Decided it's too mean right now, the curse now wears off after 2400 ticks, 2 ingame days I think.

Noticed that I had forgotten dragon- and zardbane to be made in other things but weapons and ammo. That's corrected now, nightbane included, all the -banes only go for weapon and ammo production, strange moods excluded of course.

Also, looking at how much I changed crap that requires a regen to take effect, it makes me wonder if people are sick and tired of me doing this shitty rapid updates where I fix a little, release a version, fix a little more and then release another version.

Oh well. C'est la vie, or something.

EDIT3:
Added all the new verminhunter behavior to domestic animals. Some will drag their kills to their owners, but most just eat the vermin they catch.

Added other "behavior things" to wild creatures, rooting the ground and so on. Just some flavor things for Adventurer mode really.

EDIT4: Updated VBASE since, well, it got updated. Tweaked it a bit to add all the crap I've added to the files it uses(makes me wonder why I never just made my own).

Gizzards don't work on my creatures. At all. I have no fucking idea why. I bring shame to the VBASE-name, "modding tool for experienced modders", hur hur how does i code computer gaems. So probably until the end of eternity, none of my birds will drop gizzards.

EDIT5: Welp, I think I'm done for the moment. If not for the nagging "but what if the new update breaks something" at the back of my head, I'd be adding stuff already.

I guess instead I can write about a long-term plan that's been on my mind for a while now but I've been unable to properly implement it.

Deities from AQ.
I'm just going to leave The'Galin/Devourer outside of this one, because- Well uhh. A game like DF doesn't really need a definite big bad like him. Creator/Lorithia will also be set aside, let's just say that fluff-wise, she makes up the DF world and then all the horrible horrible things happen. And she just watches.

Anyway. Here's some stuff listed that Lore has from deities and everything related to 'em and my plans for the future regarding 'em(since DF makes up deities for pantheons out of a relatively common list of themes, let's say that the gods of war that three civs worship are all part of one bigger deity of war, and so forth):

- Elemental Lords. More commonly known as Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind, Energy, Water, Light and Dark Lords. Less commonly known as Life, Death, Peace, War, Lies, Truth, Eternal and Transient. I have no idea which is which. I'll wait until the "magic" system is a bit better before I start adding these in. Right now it wouldn't be that difficult to add a Fire Lord's blessing into the game, but I'm not sure if I want to add "generic bad guy #838, now with renamed dragonfire!" into the mod.
- Avatars. The Lords use people as their avatars, but the problem is that being the Avatar of a Lord doesn't make you immortal, it cuts down on your lifespan. Right now the way people find help from gods grants immortality, so we'll need to wait until we get stuff like gods being able to "bless" people during worldgen or something. Problem again, I have no idea how I would add these to the mod. Would it be too generic to have Death be a necromancer corpse-raiser? Would it be too hardcore to have 'em be able to kill people with speshul powers? What kind of a power would Truth use then? Super boost to rolls since they obviously have the Sharingan and can read moves that people make? This one needs serious thought.
- Communicants. Lords have communicants that relay their will to the people. Or something. I'm not really sure but that sounds about right. Need to play through the quests where these people show up and soak up on the fluff a bit more.
- Monster versions of Avatars. Stuff like Aquus and Fuuryoku are listed as avatars of the Lords. I have no idea how to properly add this. I would have to make up new creatures so the avatar of the Water Lord wouldn't always be a big thing made of bubbles. Maybe in the future I can find a loophole to make creatures sphere-related and applicable to being avatars.
- Demipowers. This group has entities like Loco, War, Famine, Pestilence and Death. Since Loco is something of a chaos trickster god, I'm going to need something a bit more to work on with them in order to have 'em in the game. I'll think more on the special attributes these ones will get when we get that far. I don't think I have to start thinking about it anytime soon though, har har.
- Draconic avatars. Uhhhh, oh boy. This one needs a lot of thinking too. I COULD add some of these things right now, but I'd prefer to be able to do everything in one go. Listed draconic demipowers are: Chaos, Order, Destruction, Creation and Balance. Also, Sylvanus, draconic demipower of "the plant kingdom". Said to offer inspiration and guidance that lets plants grow. Yeaaaah. We're gonna need to wait on this too.
- People ascending into demipowers. Well the only example I found of this actually is about Kethorat, megdragon who became a demipower somehow. ...this one obviously needs to wait as well. If I add this sort of possibility into the mod, I'd prefer if the people in worldgen who get through this shit would actually become deities rather than just impersonate one, and as much as the idea amuses me, they wouldn't be standing around in some town just waiting for some adventurer to show up and lop off their head.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:46:43 am by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

Bad news everyone! I updated the mod again because our group failed to organize together and play some SS13. It was very sad. I'm also very sorry to everyone who has to keep up with this mod when I keep updating it every god damn second day at seemingly random!

I would promise I won't do it again, but I think we all know that's not going to hold.

Well anyway. Lessee, what did I add again?

- Wild vamps mentioned in last post, they're really rare though.
- Dracopyres and werepyres no longer hate your furniture.
- Lycan and Vamps have bite attacks now that infect you with their respected diseases.
- Adventurer mode tweaks, animals make noise now and stuff, all buff skills upgrade your roll success too(Adventurers get the best roll success buff).
- Due to weeeeeeeeeeeeeird fuckery going on in my attempts to copy pre-existing smelter reactions and just change the metal produced(1 bar of gold and 1 of steel = 300 bars of nightbane, what) nightbane is now an ore just like zard- and dragonbane. I also made the actual ore for said metals have real values, tweaked the metal bar values a bit too.
- Banshee curse nerf(lasts 2400 ticks now).
- Zard- and dragonbane(along nightbane) are now weapons-only metals, moods excluded.
- Added the rivebow for Adventurers to ease up on those god damn undead attacks(and shooting off limbs from anyone else you don't like).
- Messed a bit with the artifacts again. Number tweaking and so on. Hammers and maces aren't still as devastating as I'd like(breaking every bone of the enemy at once would be nice) but I guess this'll have to do.
- Edited the * Orb colors to make a bit more sense(god damn why did I forget all about that crap) along making the -bane ores have colors of their own.

I also added a new text file to the zip, ArtifactGuide. It lists all the artifact-gear you can get and what type they are, in case you're not AQ-savvy and wonder "what the hell is a raven jathor?" The toys aren't listed because they have no special features and probably never will(unless I can mod in figurine fetishes, possibly hot glue too).

I just hope this random mod release decision doesn't backfire when Toady releases a new version tomorrow and it breaks something or adds something I really need to add myself.

Also something I've noticed, this mod's Adventurer mode is pretty amusing when you have the Wanderer's Friend too. Just watch out for those god damn dragons, they'll melt you.

EDIT:
Stuff for the future:
- Give the Naga some spells. Need to think up something good too.
- Maybe spells for the moglins too. And other races where applicable(which would be everyone but that would be boring).
- Started some basic work on setting up Avatars. Turns out that each element has a matching sphere EXCEPT Ice. Right now Coasts will have to do for that. Couldn't think of anything appropriate out of the entire sphere list.
- Well Avatar creation seems to work. Right now though since the only goal is immortality, it ends up that people don't really like the fact that Avatars stop aging, so unless they're a leader able to lay down some oppressive laws, they end up having to go on the run. I might leave it like that, so you could A) have avatars migrate to your fort in Fort mode if you were lucky in worldgen and some were created for your civ during worldgen AND they survived all the beast attacks that a lot of avatars seem to fall to. Avatars also seem to get into scuffles with leaders of civs at random, if they lose they end up having to run away(or get killed) and if they win they become the new leader of the civ instead. Interesting behavior. Now time to check if I can make draconic avatars without having to add those god damn CAN_SPEAK or CAN_LEARN tags to dragons, which would make 'em unable to be butchered without ethics messing with your controlled civ.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:00:19 pm by Ieb »

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »

I was playing recently, and some anomaly happened, I'm not sure whether or not this is because of the mod or just how DF works. I embarked near a waterfall with my group of adventurers, and for some reason, they would just occasionally jump down the waterfall and kill themselves. I was never on screen to see it happen, but they were perfectly sane, and all the combat logs show is them taking the impact of hitting the ground, since the stream is a brook.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 04:23:18 pm »

...no, I'm sorry but that sounds like normal DF civilized creature pathing behavior.
Since ponds, brooks and rivers have ramps now, I'm guessing that they saw something they wanted to pick up on the other side of the brook(or were just walking around at random), and the water kept going 1/2 due to the FRIGGING WATERFALL and the AI goes "hey, I can path there because the water isn't that deep!"

And then they all end up at the bottom of the waterfall. I think after the ramp-update, keeping an eye on your idiotic underlings is more of an issue in sites with waterfalls and your people having access to 'em. Hope you enjoy the mod regardless, you can't even imagine how nice it feels to see this thread get a post from someone. All these posts from me make it look like I'm one of those kids who bump a RPG Maker XP game thread every day about some character they added, or a line of "epic text" and so on.

Also, in mod update news:
- Draconic avatar creation doesn't work like intented. I put up IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE mentions specifying various dragons, but we still got moglins, harpies and so on becoming "draconic avatars of *this or that*". They also had the ability to become an avatar of some element as well. Right now, testing how well draconic avatars work as intelligent megabeasts who can take over civs, and have insane population, income and export trigger values for attacks. They might still show up as enemy siege leaders though. Need to test that further.
EDIT2: Oh look, dragon overlords can write books. ...THAT MAKES SENSE. They also can "shoot and kill" people. I guess they also know how to handle weapons when intelligent, huh?
EDIT3: Well, draconic avatars work okay. They're pretty much like what you'd expect demons ruling civs to be like. Except these things kill and eat demons. Yeah. Things I've noticed and enjoyed: Elder dragons ruling civs can fall victim to murders, and they engage each other in combat when their civs brawl it out. Another amusing thing I found legend-digging: Duodragon fooled the minotaurs that they were one of their gods. Becomes an Elder. One of the Minotaur elders is a vampire. The dragon and another Elder engage in law combat with the vampire, which keeps putting down oppressive laws to keep it's vampiric activity going. OH THE THRILL OF IT ALL!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:00:09 pm by Ieb »

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »

I played the old version and enjoyed it. Are you planning to have the adventurer classes as syndromes(like necromancers) now or are they still castes?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »

I thought about it but decided it would be best to keep necromancers out of the class-caste system for now. I think I read that raising undead in fort mode by your own people ends up creating undead that everyone freaks out about, and the undead MIGHT freak out of their creators so that wouldn't work.

It MIGHT be possible of course to make a custom creature that requires a corpse, turning it into the new creature but again, I'm not sure if you can do that with corpses, or if the animation works like that.

Could do testing at some point though.

Anyway, all the classes(or well, most of 'em) are still castes of their own. They all got their own speshul skill too but unfortunately it's Adventurer-mode only because I utterly failed to get it under control over at Fort mode. They kept buffing their enemies instead of themselves. And the other stuff like SELF_ONLY made the skill not even work.

The skills currently in the mod are syndromes of course, what with how the interaction system works now. All the class speshul skills have some explanation what stats you get buffed when you use the skill so it shouldn't be too tough. Go and try it out, there are no drawbacks on any of 'em(even for martial artist, one of those speshul skills cuts down on your speed but you can get over that by USING ALL THE SKILLS AT ONCE AND BECOME THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR).

EDIT: Finally got the avatar of *ELEMENT HERE* secrets to show up in slabs. Avatars can also write books about how to become an avatar, which is good because unlike with necros, an avatar isn't safe from beast predation. Quite a few slabs have been lost due to the avatar being slain in combat. Wait, would the books get lost too then? Or does the "the legendary slab was lost in this place in this year" mean the slab is actually still there at the site, waiting for someone to show up and read it?

Got to test that too at some point.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:18:27 pm by Ieb »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »

Okay. I've been doing some work on the mod all this time, so here's what's been going on.

Avatars sort of work right now. Sort of being the keyword here. They all have the universal bodytype that makes them really-super-tough, but I need to learn a bit more about body structures and how to get those to work properly, since right now they got bones, muscle and so on like other creatures. That won't be a big issue to fix, I hope. This because stuff like Water Avatars should have water inside their shells, Fire Avatar have flames and so on.

They are really-super-strong right now and have flying abilities. Picked and combined adamantine and slade values for their bodies, so they're as sturdy as adamantine but also punch like they were made of slade, so there's a lot of bones being broken when their hits connect. Their strength also often sends targets flying away. Throwing is also hilarious. What with enemies smashing against obstacles and breaking apart. Will add some special abilities to each of the Avatar when I get them to work right, flame bursts and fireballs for Fire Avatar, thunderbolts and so on for Energy Elemental. Water is a bit harder, but let's just give 'em an ability to disable lungs and call it "fill their lungs with water", okay?

Need to figure out how internal materials work too and so on. Right now they all bleed gas, and it's being shown as "boiling * Elemental gas." I will probably name it boiling mana or something.

Also to do this weekend, a fix for firebreathing critters. Found out that FIREIMMUNE and FIREIMMUNESUPER tags don't apply to all the tissues creatures have. Need speshul tags for that. Tests at least showed that no more will adventurers bleed to death if their clothes catch on fire or they stand on grass that's burning. Sorry about that. I'll have the stuff up by weekend, sort of busy with school and crap right now so I don't have a lot of freetime to mess with the mod that much.

Dragon avatars worked okay. I wonder if it would be possible to make 'em large predators instead of megabeasts and still have 'em show up and take over civs. Will need to test that too, wouldn't want a super-sized dragon showing up all the time as a megabeast despite adding insane attack requirement tags.

Noticed that banshee can be undead. That's sort of redundant since they ARE undead fluff-wise, so I'll be fixing that thing too.

Can't think of anything else that's under work right now. I probably won't have the time to add the Avatars by the weekend, but that's a rather big project for me anyway because I'm not just adding a bunch of bodyparts together and calling it a day like with creature additions so far.

Also need to find out whether or not those god damn adventurers are using their buffs on enemies when they get in range, or what. Hopefully I can figure out a way to have that work like intended.

At least on testing phase, people with the ability to turn into Avatars do it automatically on themselves. As a hint to future, if you ever end up against an Avatar, I suggest getting the hell out of dodge. Those guys and girls will fuck you up.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »

Also need to find out whether or not those god damn adventurers are using their buffs on enemies when they get in range, or what. Hopefully I can figure out a way to have that work like intended.
USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_SELF]?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 12:47:56 am »

Yeah, I think that's the best way to go with it right now to have automated self-targeted buffing. Let's just say that the powerups blow the blood and grime right off the person. Just like in my Japanese animes!

Anyway. God damn I sure was wrong when I said I'd have an update ready all those weeks ago! Today's the last exam day though and there's a long weekend coming. I'll have the update by then. Especially since the current version on DFFD has that little errorlog thing that's result from Toady adding stuff to body detail plans so yeah.

The avatar thing is STILL under work though. The transformation, I mean. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. Dragon avatar thing too. They're intelligent, megabeasts(to make 'em "unique" and crap), huge and with insane attack requirements, but before I let 'em out I gotta make sure the attack requirements are the sort that are never met. Maybe test Adventurer mode too to see how the dragons do as civ leaders.

Another thing that came to mind, need to update the naga and give 'em some variety in attackers. Like normal mages who toss fireballs, and better mages with some status-effect spells. Archmages with knockout spells and so on.

Yeah.

Also, need to make pet rocks come out in all the flavors of stone the game has. Because everyone loves a microcline pet rock!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7