Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bandits hired me to take out another Bandit  (Read 3311 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Bandits hired me to take out another Bandit
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:58:48 pm »

So there I was, A Wandering Tigerman mercenary traveling through the woods & enjoying the fresh morning air when suddenly...A kobold ambush!...kinda:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently the swordsbold was insulted by the groundhog or something...anyway, I then dropped in the near-by pool, & then stealthed my way next to her...and did what most adventurer don't do:

She just hired me to take out a rival bandit leader [gave kobolds the [INTELLIGENT] tag, so now we can have actual conversations)...I asked her if she would like to come & she was happy to! Some distance away I actually found their camp & like the 1st one, they were more than happy to come & help take out a rival in their "business":

So there I was with 3 kobold bandits (I think one is the leader cuz' he got a shield while the 2 doesn't, being small & all.) Slowly skulking our way to the enemy camp...though my stealth is kinda ruined a bit by clearly seen companions. We eventually saw some rival bandits, or more acurrately they saw my entourage but not me...yay distractions?:

Since it worked for me so far, I decided to say hello once again from the shadows (Having a conversation in the middle of battle, talking is a free action right? One of the Kobolds is even ok with a little small talk as he was being stabbed):

He just hired me to take out his boss (and didn't want to join, maybe because they didn't like kobolds)...Wow, he must be real dick cuz' I talked to the rest of his troops & they all pretty much want him dead. So I looked around & finally found him. So again, I started with words:

He was actually pretty nice, he even let me sleep in camp. But as I was already hired by both his men & a rival gang, I decided to do the job anyway. I then proceeded to do what Tigermen do best:

His posse' didn't want to talk to me anymore after the job...guess they really do like their boss after all. The kobolds were pretty happy though aside from 3 dead comrades. Oh, well...on to the next job!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:48:39 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Bandits hired me to take out another Bandit
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:53 pm »

I can only hope you plan to end their mortal lives when you are done - It is hardly fitting for such scum to stand aside a slave, and you are all slaves to Armok...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:33 pm »

Out of all quests I seen here that must been the most uncommon of them all.
Here's to your new bandit mates and years of cutthroat tactics and mayhem.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

Slight edit: fixed some parts & posted an additional screenshot of the target & how nice he actually is...

What a weird turn of events...maybe it's because I was a Tigerman & an outsider to the petty squabbles of other civ's...or it's the whole "talking & negotiating while in the shadows Batman trick/bug(?)".  When the Darkknight comes our from behind, you simply stand there & listen! (Huh, my adventurer's names kinda' ironic now)

They now want me to take out other bandit leaders as well as dark grooms & such...they must really want to monopolize the bandit business in the area, eliminating the competition & making soon-to-be-empty lairs as back up HQ's. These kobolds are way smarter than anticipated...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:54:44 pm by Kobold Troubadour »

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:49:48 am »

Make sure you don't walk into your new companions, or you might auto-attack them.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:55:34 am »

Make sure you don't walk into your new companions, or you might auto-attack them.
Nah, they act out like the usual companions...Anywho, I'm technically part of a Bandit party now. I can even retire in their camp!

I checked the Legends and I found that I was only a "honorary member" & not officially part of the Brukuslaykin bandits. Bummer...

Though my kobold friends also got some positive street cred from the other Civ's groups for a job well done (aside from the whole stealing & ambushing that they usually do) "Yeah, we appreciate the help...but we'll still send someone to hunt you down next time!"

Hahaha....I actually made a bandit group turn mercenaries for the civ's they terrrorize. Gotta' check other Civ/Race Bandits If I can make them coexist as my personal squad or maybe I'll just make them kill each other & each of them gain favor from different groups. Wait....can I make them retire within the town & the former bandits become honorary citizens? Interesting, needs testing!

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »

Interesting.
Your character was an outsider, right? Could that be the reason the bandits were friendly to you? You weren't a member of any civ they oppose and not explicit send to kill them either?

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »

I like the changing loyalties and enemy of my enemy stuff. Too cool.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 01:20:17 am »

Nah, I've had this happen even in regular adventure mode.  I got ambushed by some goblins, but they they got ambushed by some harpies, so we all teamed up to fight the harpies.  Afterwards, I had a nice talk with the goblin leader, and then my human ally jumped on him and got stabbed for his trouble.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 05:39:34 am »

Yeah, ive had this happen quite a few times to me. When me and my group of recruit humans were ambushed, the goblens were friendly to me and killed all my companions. So I hired all the goblins and went straight to a human village...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!