Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Acid rain?  (Read 1721 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Acid rain?
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:46:12 pm »

21st of felsite, 105

I was talking to Sazir over the booze today. He said that the slabs had been put up, and that the traps for the wildlife were nearly finished.

Over some other idle chatter, it all went wrong.

First it started raining, which wasn't too bad, I had thought.

Until the cat screamed and fell over, dead.

I stared for a moment, and Sazir had fallen over too, screaming like he had been hit by Armok himself, and he died.

Urist and Fath were next, and i realized it was the rain that was killing them. I grabbed my pick and ran for shelter, in the tunnel, as the others fell, dying.

I'm sheltering in here until the winter.

Armok help me.

-

I'm in a tropical scorching biome, and the above situation happened, the poor guys had their fat melt and bled to death. i think it was the rain because not a day after the weather had cleared, a miner got a drink, stood on the same tile as a corpse, and didn't die.

ACID RAAAAAIN.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Acid rain?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:46:53 pm »

that was an old bug, I think
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:49:12 pm »

The respectable Chairman is correct. The scorching temperatures heated the rain to boiling levels of heat...and when your poor civilians encountered this rain, their fat could not withstand it.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Da Spadger

• Bay Watcher
  • WINDMILL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:50:13 pm »

ACID RAAAAAIN.

ROCKS DON'T MIND BUT DORFS THEY FEEL THE PAIN

ACID RAAAAAIN
While flooding by mining is done slowly, tediously and by accident, flooding by dwarven engineering is done with great speed, endless vigor and also by accident.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:32 pm »

ACID RAAAAAIN.

ACID RAAAAAIN
AS THE RAIN FALLS ALL THE DORFS THEY DIE IN VAIN

ACID RAAAAAIN

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 01:15:41 pm »

ACID RAAAAAIN.

ACID RAAAAAIN
AS THE RAIN FALLS ALL THE DORFS THEY DIE IN VAIN

ACID RAAAAAIN
THEY JUST WANTED THE SOCK OUTSIDE THE PLAIN

ACID RAAAAAIN
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:17:53 pm by Urist McUristy »

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 01:18:12 pm »

I thought that bug had been fixed.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 01:47:53 pm »

Not really, toady changed the laws of thermodynamics so it doesn't happen under normal circumstances anymore, but in scorching biomes like the flaming crundle wandered into, it is still pretty common. You could edit the raws and increase the melting/boiling points of fat I suppose.
Or just live entirely underground like normal dwarves...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.