Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd behavior in new version (0.21.105.21a)  (Read 343 times)

Darkfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd behavior in new version (0.21.105.21a)
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:14:00 am »

1) I wonder if the new version has done something to the game speed or event triggers or something. My craftsmen seem to building stuff at light speed, one of my nobles just freaked out and threw a tantrum, I got attacked by 3 naked mole dogs and a swarm of monkeys, my jeweler just got taken by a mood, and like three workshops I had set up to be built just finished. All in like 3 minutes. Something feels a little too fast.

2) Even if that is all my head, I found something definitely wrong.  There's an elf merchant and her mule sitting in one of my rooms.  I haven't seen an elf caravan in a couple years, and I know she hasn't been there all that time.

(edit): may be worth mentioning that this is a fortress/save that has been updated several times, probably started out around 21.101.19.  So it may just be some sort of old save bug.  But it was working fine as of 21.101.21a, then 21b seemed to introduce the noble demand bug, and now this.

[ September 26, 2006: Message edited by: Darkfall ]

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd behavior in new version (0.21.105.21a)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:07:00 am »

D'oh, nevermind.  My thing seems to have been resolved =]

[ September 26, 2006: Message edited by: Pacho ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Odd behavior in new version (0.21.105.21a)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »

The merchant bug is known, but I have no clue how they become unhinged from their duties.  Destroying your depot can help sometimes.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!