Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Torchlight and Torchlight 2!  (Read 2803 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight and Torchlight 2!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 02:56:29 pm »

You can send your dog to sell all your loot while you keep playing. What's not to love about that?

I'll definitely be getting Torchlight 2.

That was in FATE.

0x and Moogie pretty much have it. It is really just FATE with taller characters, and while it is a good game, isn't really all the grabbing.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 03:01:21 pm »

FATE was more moddable, unless I'm missing something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »

I bought Braid <snip> and haven't started them up once

Offtopic but seriously play this as soon as you can. Wonderful game.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 03:04:23 pm »

I bought Trine <snip> and haven't started them up once

Offtopic but seriously play this as soon as you can. Wonderful game.
That one is also good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »

You can send your dog to sell all your loot while you keep playing. What's not to love about that?

I'll definitely be getting Torchlight 2.

That was in FATE.

0x and Moogie pretty much have it. It is really just FATE with taller characters, and while it is a good game, isn't really all the grabbing.

Uh, perhaps, sorry, but I won't touch that WildTangent trojan driver thing with an 11 foot pole. Never again.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

Now if only the dog was telepathic psychopath.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 06:11:36 pm »

In FATE at least, you can feed your pet a fish that makes it a Mind Flayer.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 06:16:06 pm »

In FATE at least, you can feed your pet a fish that makes it a Mind Flayer.
Could you rename him Blood afterward?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »

Uh, perhaps, sorry, but I won't touch that WildTangent trojan driver thing with an 11 foot pole. Never again.

Oh.  Oh yeah.  That Wild Tangent shit.  Unstoppable invisible background process with (memory?  handle?  other resource?) leaks.  Eventually it would bring down the computer.  It took me quite a while to figure that one out.

Yeah.  Never again.  AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

But when I wanted to get my FATE install working again last year, I found a cracked executable very easily.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 01:14:11 pm »

Oh.  Oh yeah.  That Wild Tangent shit.  Unstoppable invisible background process with (memory?  handle?  other resource?) leaks.  Eventually it would bring down the computer.  It took me quite a while to figure that one out.

But when I wanted to get my FATE install working again last year, I found a cracked executable very easily.

Not to mention spyware.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »

The best thing about Torchlight was the price imo. I did not log many hours into it because the character build system was overly simple, I like really detailed and vairable builds in hack n slash games, Sacred 1/2 + Titan Quest for examples. Diablo was about as basic as I will go and Torchlight was even more simplified.

So, I tossed it aside so long ago, that I did not know about mods..what mods do you guys think add something, so depth or whatever to the game, or specificly to character classes or builds that I should look at, if there are any.

Pretty sure I will skip 2 unless there is a better build system, the website is pretty vague about it, so I think it will be bascily the same as the first one.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:38 pm »

Not to mention spyware.

Yeah. "Just studying how to make things better for the casual gamer!" my ass. It really is a shame it is all a huge scam, because there are some pretty cool games.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 02:03:54 pm »

jnecros, Mods add quite a few character class and pet options. I think 16 classes with the most popular mod.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 02:41:27 pm »

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »

The best thing about Torchlight was the price imo. I did not log many hours into it because the character build system was overly simple, I like really detailed and vairable builds in hack n slash games, Sacred 1/2 + Titan Quest for examples. Diablo was about as basic as I will go and Torchlight was even more simplified.

So, I tossed it aside so long ago, that I did not know about mods..what mods do you guys think add something, so depth or whatever to the game, or specificly to character classes or builds that I should look at, if there are any.

Pretty sure I will skip 2 unless there is a better build system, the website is pretty vague about it, so I think it will be bascily the same as the first one.

Now Torchlight is FAR more complex than Diablo. Yeah, you get what you pay for, which is the best action RPG I've ever played.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3