Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Report small bugs here (typos, display errors, wonky com  (Read 2627 times)

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Report small bugs here (typos, display errors, wonky com
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

One of my dwarfs likes two-humped camels "for their hump." I presume it should be "for their humps." (I'm sure this is something that I could easily fix for myself by editing one of those raw files.)

Also, at least on the stockpile settings screen, "Sliver dye" is an option. Should that be "Silver dye"? I haven't made a mill (well, I did, right before seeing an update and just ditching that save) or dyer's shop yet, so I don't know what they actually churn out yet.

quote:
I bought a tame Large Roach, Moghopper and Cave Swallow from the elves. The first two show up on the animals list for adoption etc, but the Cave Swallow doesn't.

I had a worm like that as well. Got a frog, a bird (don't remember what kind), and a worm from the elves, built the cages they came in (to get them off the depot), but only the first two were available to be adopted. I had empty (freshly made) animal traps available. A funny moment with the worm, when I first saw it, I misread "Tame worm" as "Tape worm"  :)

[Edit: Forgot about pet bug.]

[ November 01, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 08:47:00 pm »

At the bottom of a magma shaft, there's an odd display issue--a long row of commas.

I'm not complaining that the fire imps are also at the very bottom; hopefully they'll leave me alone long enough to set up some defenses. There's a ground-level access to the vent, with cliffs on either side--a handy chokepoint at which I'm putting a channel, hopefully soon to have spikes at the bottom.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

I saw that too and almost reported it myself!  It was also near magma, but that's probably coincidence.  It was near the bottom level, long rows of commas in the random undisplayed-rock stuff.  Probably just a simple issue with the random character generator.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

Also: In an engraving, I saw a finely-designed image of a Tower-cap tree.

As I recall, Tower-caps are mushrooms. Albeit very large mushrooms with flesh of the same consistency as wood that can therefore be used as wood for all applications... but mushrooms, not trees.

Or is this rationalized by the fact that, to dwarves, Tower-caps might as well be trees?

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 12:20:00 am »

Heres a odd little bug.

I'm making a castle(yes yes undwarvenly blah blah) and theres a lot of construction going on, and i accidently removed someone from a construction job with u-r and he stopped working altogether he wouldn't even go back to the job i removed him from. Now i have come by this bug before and all i had to do was make another construction job and they will go back to normal.

EDIT: Turns out this effects hauling jobs too. I removed someone from food hauling and he stopped hauling food he would build walls and stuff just wouldnt haul food untill i drafted and undrafted him. i even tried removing the stockpile, odd thing is that he could still haul other stuff he just wouldnt haul food.

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: Zulaf ]

WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

When a dwarf falls stairs do not stop him. My glassmaker and a few other dwarves were removing some floor tiles and I was laughing as they fell to the story below with a shocked look on their face, when it announced that my glassmaker had collided into an obstacle and died. He was one of the first that had fallen to the floor below so I wanted to figure it out because he should have hit the ground a few seconds earlier. I check and he had fallen though my 16 story staircase and hit the very solid ground. I found both his legs and arms in a pile around him and his head two levels up.

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

Human merchants say at the trade depot:

"Greetings from above ground. The ship of the dwarves is unparalleled. Let's make a deal!"

Shouldn't that be "Craftsmanship" or "Craftsdwarfship"? I don't have any boats.

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »

quote:
Human merchants say at the trade depot:

"Greetings from above ground. The ship of the dwarves is unparalleled. Let's make a deal!"

Shouldn't that be "Craftsmanship" or "Craftsdwarfship"? I don't have any boats.

That was reported on another thread, I don't remember which one tho.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 06:41:00 pm »

I was trading with the human caravan and noticed one of the items was 'carp leather'.  How would that work because as far as I know carp have scales, not skin?
Pike and sturgeon have the same issue.

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Tag Plastic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nesoo:
<STRONG>

I had a worm like that as well. Got a frog, a bird (don't remember what kind), and a worm from the elves, built the cages they came in (to get them off the depot), but only the first two were available to be adopted. I had empty (freshly made) animal traps available. A funny moment with the worm, when I first saw it, I misread "Tame worm" as "Tape worm"   :eek:

[ November 01, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]</STRONG>

That Cave Swallow thing was probably a false alarm - poking around in the raws they are currently tagged as pet_exotic, and it became available for adoption when the Dungeon Master showed up (without an economy...is that right?)

New minor bug: my Mayor has just Demanded an 'item in Bedroom'. It seems the nature/material of the item he wants isn't showing up properly.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 10:49:00 pm »

Not what I thought.

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »

I went poking around in the raws myself now and saw that the worm (in creature_annelids.txt) did not have the [PET] tag (saw that toads had it), so I guess that's probably a false alarm as well  :)

Looks like that sliver dye is also another false alarm.

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nesoo:
<STRONG>sliver dye</STRONG>

Sliver dye would be awesome though, all your dwarves wearing clothes dyed with it would have each other's abilities!
</reference to MTG's Slivers>

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 09:37:00 pm »

Wow, does that bring back memories... It's been ages since I played that.

Bondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:00 pm »

This is my first post, though I have lurked for about a year.  Love the new version.  

I have noticed a few small problems:

1.  The human caravan wagons will appear and disappear from the screen as they tool along.  This seems to happen when the depot and the wagons are on the screen at the same time.

2.  My soldiers often refuse to move to another station point after reaching the first.  They ignore new stations or new patrol routes.  The only way I can get 'em to break loose is to decommission and then reactivate them.

3.  My hotkeys don't work while I have a dwarf selected.

4.  I was having a crash happen at approximately the same point.  It was my second year, the human caravan was just arriving or departing, and kobold thieves were sneaking about.  I tried three times and each time it crashed right around the same point.  

5.  I can hardly get anyone to farm on my new map, even if they are pure farmers.  Over two years I've probably gotten two or three plump helmets in total.  

Love the game.  Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4