Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode dissing  (Read 1010 times)

GTM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode dissing
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:59 am »

As a huge fan of the pickup lines in LCS and the irreverent wit of the brothers Adams, I've been equally delighted by the dissing that goes on in adventure mode.  I know it's been in there for years, but now that adventure mode is awesome I'm playing it enough to see it.

The other day I ran into a megabeast who proceeded to say something along the lines of "I struck down Litost whose insignificant name I struggle to remember" which is both funny on the surface AND ironic that he nevertheless said the name.

What's your favorite smack talk line in adventure mode?

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode dissing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 10:32:47 am »

My favorite is when they say: "...".

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »

Whats weird is, peasants will sometimes say, "I Hope your friends can dissuade you from this." or other some such phrase. I don't know what they're referring to either.

Still, the taunts become a bit bitter when its one of your previous adventurers that they taunt you about.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »

Sometimes when I start, and go straight to a fortress without doing quests, asking for quests from fighters(those with U that have 2 dots over them) will give me the message: "Death will meet you soon".
About the "..." is when I fight important/quest creatures that can't talk(some night creatures, lions, leopards, cougars...)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »

I love the "I'd...rather not" line you get when trying to recruit. It really help self-esteem.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.