Both
- 7 (7.8%)
Neither
- 3 (3.3%)
Computers all the way.
- 55 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: xBox 360 vs. PS3  (Read 3556 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: xBox 360 vs. PS3
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 06:43:34 pm »

Well, the image is still right about the Wii thing. Best party console, hands down. I can't count how many nights of drinking have devolved into extremely hypercompetitive Wii Golf matches.

I own a PS3 because I got it for real cheap. I'm happy with it. There's so few 360 or PS3 exclusive games that interest me, I can't justify having both. Also, I don't want to pay for Live.

I never could quite understand the raeg arguments about this kind of thing, though, especially when the consoles in question are so damn similar.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 06:47:59 pm »

I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 06:58:01 pm »

Grishnak is trying to get back on topic...

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:01:06 pm »

Just... pouring gasoline on the fire. Dont mind me. :D
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »

Well, the image is still right about the Wii thing. Best party console, hands down. I can't count how many nights of drinking have devolved into extremely hypercompetitive Wii Golf matches.

You would be surprised how bored people can get of the Wii... it saddens me.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:55 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 07:16:31 pm »

http://www.guruht.com/2008/03/ps3-vs-xbox360-gpu-performance.html
Enjoy!
That's one of, if not, the worst performance article I've ever seen.

Off-topic: I don't believe I've ever seen a legitimate-looking "performance article".

On-topic: Since this thread didn't die obviously,
XBOX 360 IS FOR NERDS HURR HURR
PS3 IS FOR UHHHH RICH KIDS MAN I DON KNOW
WII IS FOR CASUAL GAMERS HURR
PEE SEE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T GO OUTSIDE
</hopingforanentertainingflamewar>

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »

http://www.guruht.com/2008/03/ps3-vs-xbox360-gpu-performance.html
Enjoy!
That's one of, if not, the worst performance article I've ever seen.

Yeah, there was a really good one I seen a while back, but I was too lazy/didnt care enough to find it, so I just googled and grabbed that. Oh well. Im a PC gamer anyways. :P

I have a 360 and a Wii, but if I had the money to blow, Id probably buy a ps3 as well, just because I am a gamer. I have a preference for a 360 over ps3, but its probably cause Ive had my 360 for so long.
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 07:49:41 pm »

Ohh also don't get a Wii game with the intention for people who don't play videogames to play them

It won't last at most two weeks... and if it does... it is a baaad thing

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »

Well, the PS3 is the GameCube of this console generation.

The PS3 is suppose to have the technical superiority, but without the market share, a lot of games are getting ported second to the PS3, from the Xbox  (For the PS3 case), so any thing the game may have benefitted from being on the PS3 is lost, beside the last minuet tacks on with the ps3 controller things. 

Though the PS3 doesn't make porting easy from my understanding, as the console is suppose to be rather hard to program for.

The free on line service, I dont consider to much of a Pro, as in my experience, the user experience with X-Box, is much more polished, and User friendly. X-Box Live, really doesn't cost that much if you buy it for a year.

The PS3 does have much stronger backward compatibility then the X-Box, but I find this understandable with the X-Box, as its previous console library wasn't as strong or as diverse as the PS2. It would have been a much stronger weakness on the PS3 if it didn't have the backward capability.

I much prefer the snap in hardrive for the X-box, then the PS3 set up. Even though the I find the hard drive to be overpriced, but the ability to upgrade later if you want, and the ease at which its done, is quite nice. Though I do think its bull shitty that the hard drive transfer cable doens't come with console. (But I'm not a 100% certain if it comes with hardrive purchases.)

The PS3 control, is lighter, in my hands, but I dont find either first party controller to be stressful to hold for hours.

Uh...

Lets see. The PS3 can do Blu-Ray movies, which I think is a point in its favor, but no wear near as strong as the DVD movie functionality in the PS2 was.

And 3D Games. Sony is totally gun ho on 3D tvs and games. I dont know. I'm not that excited by the 3D TVs, games or movies really.

So yea, um.

360. The game library, I dont consider as diverse as the PS3, however, when I've gotten the chance to play 360 and PS3 ports, the 360 ports seems to be better in overall production and user experience.

I dont think one better then the other, but if I were to buy one over the other. I would choose the 360, as its to me is the better supported console.

Though I still want a PS3.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 08:40:26 pm »

Actually, every performance article i've seen the xbox has apparently been better. Which I can believe.

I like Xbox purely because I haven't had to pay for it 3 times, whereas I would have with the PS3. Which seems to not like where I live, because PS3's die at an ASTOUNDING rate around here.

Which is really, really weird, all things considered.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 09:19:52 pm »

Actually, every performance article i've seen the xbox has apparently been better. Which I can believe.

I like Xbox purely because I haven't had to pay for it 3 times, whereas I would have with the PS3. Which seems to not like where I live, because PS3's die at an ASTOUNDING rate around here.

Which is really, really weird, all things considered.

Yeah that is odd...

Neither my Xbox360 or my PS3 died yet... and they are the older models.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »

Pencil, Paper, Tabletop, Dice, Friends.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile