Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You want WHAT!?  (Read 18947 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You want WHAT!?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 01:14:56 am »

I thought this bug was fixed. My mayor likes slade but never demanded it in over six years.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 02:01:05 am »

When I first started playing (.12 I think) I had a mayor that wanted slade stuff. 'Course I didn't know enough about the game to realize it could never be met and people kept getting beat to death by the guard. Fort ended in a  pretty bad spiral.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:35 am »

My mayor is demanding a raw adamantine item. I am torn between giving him one, or just dropping him down into the HFS to go perpetrate his sillyness down there.

Cuz adamantine comes in veeeeerrry limited supply, and I don't exactly want to waste any that could be going to armour/axes.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 03:10:07 am »

My last fort's mayor asked for a slade table.

I cracked open the circus and told him to go get it himself.

That fort didn't last too long.

Off-topic: Tastysaurus, where's your avatar from? Because it is AWESOME.
くコ:彡

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 03:45:56 am »

Last fort went downhill when first mayor asked for Adamantine stuff.  Locked him in room and killed him.  Next one wanted Hungry Head Teeth.  Apparently they hang around the lowest caverns, and I hadn't even breached the first one.  Ditto way of dealing with it.  Third one liked millstones, but the damage had been done by then and the nasty downwards spiral had started....

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 10:02:11 am »

Also this be .17. My first fort on it, actually. (I wanted to upgrade from .13 finally but heard some bittersweet things about .18.)

Um, .17 is exactly the same as .18, but with more crashes and bugs.  Most notably, the game will crash if you use any trap other than cage traps.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »

Also this be .17. My first fort on it, actually. (I wanted to upgrade from .13 finally but heard some bittersweet things about .18.)

Um, .17 is exactly the same as .18, but with more crashes and bugs.  Most notably, the game will crash if you use any trap other than cage traps.
....well shit. Up-Up-Upgrading then!

Off-topic: Tastysaurus, where's your avatar from? Because it is AWESOME.
I've had it so long I don't remember where the pic comes from. If you mean the guy himself that's Final Fantasy 6's Kefka.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 03:01:55 pm »

You know that a mayor can easily be replaced? With a few simple keypresses? And that you don't really have to kill them in response to this, so might as well admit you're doing it for the fun of it? And suck up the consequences rather than act like it's something that happened to you?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:03:28 pm by Uzu Bash »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 03:26:43 pm »

You know that a mayor can easily be replaced? With a few simple keypresses? And that you don't really have to kill them in response to this, so might as well admit you're doing it for the fun of it? And suck up the consequences rather than act like it's something that happened to you?

Pfft!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »

Killing mayors off is a way of life. You can't just shake it off with a few keypresses.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 03:36:09 pm »

......hehehe.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »

Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Thanks for the new sig!
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 06:44:06 pm »

......hehehe.

Yeah, he sounds like a chapter from a self-help booklet.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 08:26:38 pm »

Wait, really?

HOW?

This is my first fort to get past starvation/boozicide/first gobin ambush, and thus actually have some slight modicum of success. How do I re-mayor? Or alternatively, will just extracting strands satisfy him?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 08:37:15 pm »

go to the nobles screen (n) and hit replace (r) and choose a new one, just like with your expedition leader (who became mayor once you got enough subjects)
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4