Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash List somewhere  (Read 486 times)

Cedwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash List somewhere
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:21:54 pm »

Just wondering if there is a list of crash causes somewhere on these forums?  And how to avoid specific known crashes.  I have a fort that crashes constantly and I was hoping to find out if there is a dwarf doing something that I can stop him doing to stop the crashing.

Regards,
Ced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash List somewhere
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 03:26:21 pm »

You can view reported bugs on the bug tracker.

It would be helpful if you were to elaborate on the situation. Does the game crash apparently at random? While saving? Does it hard crash or just lock up?

Cedwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:55:01 pm »

It is a random hard crash, and I am thinking if has something to do with hunting as I recall that being a problem previously and I have about 4 hunters.  So I was hoping there was some info about possible things to do to avoid the crashing to see if I can narrow down the cause.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:06:59 am »

My game crashed when a kobold thief left the area. Loaded an autosave, crashed approx. at the same time. Deleted the savegame then. *shrug*

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:11 am »

It is a random hard crash, and I am thinking if has something to do with hunting as I recall that being a problem previously and I have about 4 hunters.  So I was hoping there was some info about possible things to do to avoid the crashing to see if I can narrow down the cause.
You should allow one hunter, and then monitor him/her to see if they are doing anything which may be causing a crash.
*Hugs*

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:15:28 am »

The only crash I know of was the traps crash, and that's fixed now.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.